Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

How much does it cost to go to the vets in the UK?

:icongreatestallie:
GreatestAllie Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well I live in the UK (Wales) and my family found out that my cat has a long, bad wound on the inside of his leg. It's pink and red and has no fur in the area. He is an adult cat.
Around how much would it cost?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Call them.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Just pick up the phone and ask around. It can vary widely, and most vets understand that people have money issues.
Thanks. ^^
:iconshininginthedarkness:
If the costs you're hearing are too prohibitive, call the RSPCA or whoever runs your local shelters, they may know some vets who are willing to work out things like payment plants.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Do I look like a vet? No. This is an art site.

Vets are expensive, and if you have a cat, you should be getting it regularly checked up, at least once a year.
I haven't even had him for a year yet... He was given to my family 2 months ago...
I wasn't asking for anyone to attack me and the 'help with life' category isn't exactly relevant to art anyway. If you can't answer my question, don't comment :/
Yes but its still and art forum, aka, people who do art is predominately on this site, and I forgive you for having the cat for 2 months. Usually I hear people saying OMG my 10 year old cat isn't eating!! "when did you take it to the vets" "its never been". Its the typical response, its not great.

I don't know how much, it did cost my family 80 pounds to get my dog to get checked up and have local anaesthesia a few years ago, so I'm assuming no more than about 50. I would shop around if possibly, as vets can scam.

Talk to anyone local who has healthy animals, and ask them what they do, this is the best bet on who they trust, they're probably know who is more reliable in vet terms.
Yeah I know its for art, just what I'm trying to say as a lot of people have other issues other then art on this forum. And yeah I know what you're saying, it was just an assumption.

Thanks for the reply, sounds pricey but at least it doesn't sound as expensive as it could be.
What I'm trying to explain is, go to a site that is about treating and caring for animals, cats especially. You will get much deeper help, guidance on how to care for your cat.

Well its a guess.
Add a Comment: