Therapy

My mom is forcing me to go to some mommy daughter therapy thing, and I just can't go to it. I just can't sit there as my mom explains to some stranger all my flaws and how I'm the "problem child". I know what's going to happen there. My mom's going to sit there, talk bad about me, and every once in a while i'll be asked a question or two. I just can't go to that. I've been to therapy before and it didn't help. All i remember is how everytime my mom would come in to chat i would end up crying, while she sat there listing all my flaws infront of my face. I just don't know what to do. I can't go to this thing.
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pretty much like ~DutchConnaisseur said, I for one too think that you should list all you think are flaws about your mother. Three copies: one for yourself and two for you to give out in the therapy, one to your mom and one to the therapist. Preferably after she's done being a bitch about you.
Write you side of things down and make a few copies.
Either hand them out when the therapy starts, or read it out loud.

Make sure the text is short, readable and to the point.
Question: Is it possible for you to get out of it?

If the answer is yes, than ask this question:
What will it take to get out of it? Is this action worth it?
If the answer is reasonable, and the action is worth it, than do it.

If the answer is no, than the only thing to do, is make the best of a bad situation.
How to make the best of a bad situation:
research honey badgers [link]

but for serious, make a plan beforehand and be prepared for what is to come. Is your mom going to list all your flaws? List all your flaws yourself first! Put them all on a piece of paper and for every flaw listed, come up with a retort. then practice these retorts, and have them ready once the session comes.

Be fearless!! remember the honey badger! You are the honey badger!
Go to the therapy and explain to your mother and the therapist how your mother's actions make you feel. If you can't talk in front of your mother, a good therapist would send her out the room and let you have your say.

Try to keep an open mind; it might be helpful to go.
therapy may surprise you & help give u tools to later use in life, even if u dont realize it right away. dont be so hard on yourself either, the guy/girl is there to help both of you communicate so at least try it, also dont be discouraged if it doesnt go well. i went through 3 in my past, the last one... i wouldent have been able to deal with him in my youth lol. so give it a try & set some positive goals you want to work on. talkin with ur mom, venting, dealing with stress, wut ever ud like to work on & 1 or 2 things youd like to see from ur mom.
Stop being a problem child? Or learn to speak up. You don't like your mom saying shit about you to the therapist then tell the therapist. And if you're sitting there crying and the therapist does nothing then clearly they're a shit therapist.
Well, if you were going to a decent therapist, all you'd have to do is them them how your mom speaking about you like that made you feel and he'd hopefully try to help your mom understand. While I have no idea what it is she feels is so wrong, parents making their kids feel bad about themselves is usually 90% of the problem.
what did you do?!?! lol.
I don't know. She just told me I have to go.
do you guys fight a lot? how old are you? do you have other siblings obligated to go as well?