I feel so all around awful.

I'm basically one of those people that everyone walks all over. I'm used as someone only to tell their problems to. I care so much about people and I just want them to care about me.
In real life I basically give my whole day asking how people are, listening to their problems, because that's the type of person I am. I hate talking about my own problems. But I like helping other people feel better. I said hi to everyone, and am relatively cheerful. But the people I value most in my life walk all over me and take advantage of me. My best friend talks down to me, treats me like I don't matter, and ditches me for other girls. My guy best friend who I love to death, and have a huge crush on him, ignores me only until he needs to talk about the problems he is having with the girl he loves (who loves someone else). Then all he does is complain to me about how no one will ever like him even though I'm pretty sure he knows I do. I love him. /: I love him in one way and I like him in another. But he ignores my texts because the other girl is more important than me. Did I mention this is the same girl who's stolen both of my crushes? I don't understand why everyone likes her...What am I doing wrong? >_< Everyone walks all over me but if I stand up for myself everyone hates me...
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Don't be afraid because you feel like your "friends" ignore you. It's hard to realise that you really aren't going to find more than one or two true friends. That's true that you can always find kind people who doesn't look away when you need them, but there's something you can't really change. You can't change them, but, you might be able to change yourself.

But, changing yourself could involve maybe not being who you are? If you're really really upset with the situation that you don't mind changing a bit or maybe changing the way you think (which isn't bad, it can give you another point of view of what's happening around you) then do it. And if not, learn to live with it, I'm presonally going thorugh this situation this year. My supposed best friends have shown me that they're not friends at all and even though I'm a cheerful open person I feel like sometimes people ignore me just because they don't know me, and they don't know me because they don't want to. And I get upset when I want to really go out with them to a party or whatever to improve the friendship but feel very insecure of ending up alone. I think it's also time, some people don't like changes, some people don't like new people in the group and when they talk they just don't talk with you, you might be listening and laughing but they're talking to each other.

Well with all this I mean that, as a wise man said: If you don't like something ask yourself: Is it me? Is it true? Can I change it? If it's not you, don't care, if it's not true, don't care, and if you can't change it, deal with it. Life goes this way but I'm personally struggling with the part of dealing with it if you have nothing to do...Good luck! ^^
My best friend talks down to me, treats me like I don't matter, and ditches me for other girls. My guy best friend who I love to death, and have a huge crush on him, ignores me only until he needs to talk about the problems he is having with the girl he loves (who loves someone else).

Sure not best friends :shrug:
If you have the balls, say "You're sure a great friend, you couldn't be better" mockingly and very sarcastically. Hate to say it, but if your BFF or whatever does what u say they do, they are NOT!!! Your best friend!!

As for ur guy BFF he's not worth it. Trust me, I'm a doctor I've been in a relationship for 3 years, been in love for 7.
Also that girl is a fucking bitch XD
~DutchConnaisseur has summed it up pretty well.

If you want your life to improve, quit being a doormat. Doormats encourage people (intentionally or not) to take advantage of you and not value your time and company. You don't need to be rude to stand up for yourself; just say you're too busy to talk every now and then, or you can't do X favour because you have a lot on your plate.

Also, you say you don't understand why everyone likes that girl, but you make a pretty convincing argument as to why you should stop bothering with your own crush; who wants to be with someone that makes it very clear they're not high on the priority list? Start trying to get over him and building up your confidence for next time.
If you like your situation, continue.
If not, change it.
Find some new friends. You don't have to get rid of your current ones. But find some people who will be supportive of you. That way you will not always feel like everything is a one-way-street.
Your friends are pretty terrible. Find better people to hang out with and be more assertive. If someone hates you for standing up for yourself, they're an asshole.
You can't "steal" crushes. Find better friends.
you wanna know what you're doing wrong? all this self-loathing and whining. Hate to sound harsh but you gotta find some chutzpah deep down, stop complaining and grow a pair. Shit happens and then you die. Life never really gets much better....its only how you face it that improves (hopefully).
People love doormats. If you don't want to be a doormat, you have to stand up for yourself.

Also, don't assume someone knows you like them. Just tell him, and if he doesn't like you then hopefully you can both be mature and stay friends.
Ah, don't worry. You'll get over it one way or another.