Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 43

Society has cornered me.. now what?

:iconeev11:
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I have a pretty big problem.. I have nowhere to turn to.

The problem is that due to a chronical illness I wasn't able to finish school, this means that now I don't have a diploma.
The chronical illness is very hard to deal with because I never know when it get's worse.. I always notice it when it's too late.
Because of the illness I can't keep a job because I can't predict when I feel like crap and have to sleep all day.
I've tried to get welfare for youth with medical or psychological problems but they've denied my request! :(
I am really pissed off about that but there is nothing I can do..
Obviously when school and work was too hard I can't start at a new school.

So my question is, what can I do? I have no way to generate income..

I also want to move to the city but since I have no income I can't rent an apartment, are there any more options?

Sorry about being a negative nancy :3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnatrinity:
Natrinity Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I suffer from quite the same and I fear that I will be turned down as well. I've applied for welfare and my mom sees me out of the house soon too.

So I'm pretty much in the same spot and I know exactly how you feel.
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Digital Artist
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one :)
:iconarmonah:
Armonah Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
You'd probably get better answers if you ask this question on the forums of Fok.nl. This forum's mostly populated by Americans, and their answers are gonna be of little use to you I'm afraid :)

And if you haven't yet, I'd give the Belastingdienst a call and see what subsidies you're eligible for.
Thank you, that's quite helpful!
:iconkey-master-himeko:
Key-Master-Himeko Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013   Traditional Artist
Along with any medication you might fancy an iodine supplement as well. You could try online school, if they have something like that where you are. Hopefully your instructors will be accepting of your situation and try to work with you.
Yes I was thinking about online school :)
Key-Master-Himeko Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013   Traditional Artist
Long as you've got the drive in you to make it work, it can be the best decision you've made regarding your education. It was with mine c:
That's what I'm planning to do, but I have to get motivated a bit more before starting and settling in at a new place in the city.
Key-Master-Himeko Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013   Traditional Artist
Makes perfect sense. Good luck with everything c:
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
if you are trying for disability and is denied you can get a lawyer and try again. I have an illness which I can't work a public job because I never know how I am going to react or have a mood swing or something. and I do have them and I can be mean, nice, etc., and I never know which one is going to come around. and my bad mood swings do bring about many amounts of trouble with managers. so I went for a job where I could work it, you could also try that, find a job which you can do and it works with you.
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah I have that too because of my agorafobia.
There is somebody who has connections for people who have emotional or physical trouble, she can help me find work.. so I hope that might be something.
:iconneutrastaff:
NeutraStaff Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
What a mighty post, sounds like your in a rough spot all right. I can't tell you anything to cure what ails you but let's see. For one, would it make you feel better if I told you that your not alone. It's hard attempting to give you a finite answer, so I'll say this:

How about a GED, know that's not what you wanted, but it's better then nothing. You can still be a hard worker and shouldn't let something like an illness hold you back. Also, for money, do what you can, find old stuff and fix it up then sell it. Just do as much as you can find, look outside the box and your comfort zone. Most importantly, stay happy. People with illnesses can work with them easier if they are happy. You don't see a way right now, but things will work out, this type of thing has a habit of working out:)
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
What do you mean by GED? I don't think that's something dutch?
I'm a pretty happy person so that does help luckily, but it's still difficult.
:iconneutrastaff:
NeutraStaff Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
A GED? It's basically a diploma you get by taking a test, that says your as smart as a high school student.
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Oh it's got a different name here since I'm not from America.. and the world isn't America you know ;)

Plus I'm smarter as a high school student.. I'd be offended if that was what it said haha!
:iconshadee:
shadee Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Is this what you tried to apply for? [link]
If so, and you were denied then you should still be able to get regular welfare if you're over 21. If you're not then maybe you could see your doctor and ask if he'd be willing to write a testimony for you to appeal their denial.
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I applied for a wajong, i'm 19 after all.. My doctor is not helpful at all, I'm getting nowhere with that man. I'm thinking of getting a different doctor.
:iconshadee:
shadee Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sounds like the best next step. Getting a decent doc and to get him/her to confirm your condition and how it impacts your life should help. Sucks that your current one is useless. My first doc was like that too unfortunately. "Consultation fee received, now to find the fastest way to get you to GTFO" basically.
You are right, I'll get myself a new doctor! :)
:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
Honestly, I'm in the same exact situation where you are in right now. Thanks to some f*cking b*tch who made my life much worsen, I wasn't be able to finish High School and don't possess a diploma too, which makes me difficult to find a job to fill my daily needs. I've never felt so humiliated. People think I don't have any initiative and stuff and other bla bla bla shit. But, the right thing to do right now for someone like you and I is probably to make a fake diploma. Well, I know it's illegal but, most people in my country do something similar to get a job or to get into college. THAT, if you manage to get one. I can't guarantee the safety for having a fake diploma. But my best friend said that she might give it a try to get into college since she was damn too interested in Photography. Or at least you can find a job for the mean time to collect money for daily needs and scoop up some money to go to college and find some REAL job. Hope I helped....
Yeah it's quite difficult.. a fake diploma is no option unfortunatly, nobody would fall for it since they always check the schools.
I've had a few jobs now, as a cleaning lady, as a babysitter, as a callcenter lady.. But I can't keep any of those jobs because in time they are too demanding, I just get so tired sometimes. I might try cleaning lady again because that is a job you can do 1 day a week but also 5 or 6 days a week. That'd be an option to gather money to take a national exam? Doesn't pay very well though..
:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
Those are some good jobs to work on. But it won't fill up your daily needs though. Since it's tiring, and not worth the salary you'll earn. I tried something similar but declined the offer immediately. Such difficult life when not having a legal diploma....
eev11 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Indeed, I think i'll still try to get a diploma someway..
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I don't know how to help you, but I will say that I sympathize and that I'm sorry you're in such a situation.
:hug:
Yeah it is a pretty difficult situation :P Thanks for your support :)
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I don’t know how it works in the Netherlands. But in the US, it is difficult to get permanent disability benefits for many chronic illnesses.

Where are you living now?
The Netherlands, it is the same here in many aspects..
No, I mean where are you living? With a friend? Homeless shelter? With your parents?
With my mom right now, but I want to move and she wants me out of the house too..
Okay so you’re not in danger of being homeless at the moment.
No, luckily that's not an issue.. but I don't get along well with my mom and I really want to get out of here.
Okay -so then you don’t actually have to move out. Unfortunately, financial independence is a privilege for people who can support themselves. If you need your mom to support you, then you will have to find a way to tolerate her. If she’s physically abusing you, call the police. If you just have trouble getting along, consider family counseling.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after the birth of my second child in 2003. I tried to get disability benefits. But I was turned down. I eventually had no choice but to return to work. I am now a single mom, working full time. That’s life.
She is not physically abusing me but she yells and curses constantly, I just can't take it any more.. sometimes we get into really big fights, and she lies to psychologists and family counseling, making me look bad, they always fall for it.
I just don't want to live in this house anymore.

My condition consists of fatigue, being nausious, weightgain (causing me to now be morbidly obese) and migraines.. I couldn't possibly work full time, it's not an option.
I still don't know how to find a way with this illness.
(1 Reply)
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Here in the USA there is a test you can take that is the equivelant of a diploma, can you do something like that where you are?

And again, if you are here, there is an appeal that can be processes if you are disabled and need assistance. And pretty much everyone here is denied the first time and has to appeal the decision.

Might want to see if there are any organizations that assist the disabled, they can often offer help, and there are some here in the US that will help you navigate the government maze. I would also see if there are support groups for your illness, they could probably help as well, even if they are online.
Well no we don't have that as far as I know, I would have to actually get a diploma..

The problem is that I am not "disabled" as in I'm not in a wheelchair or anything, I've tried so many different organizations but they all tell me to be somewhere else.

I am actually going to a supportgroup meeting at the end of this month, that might help :)
The support group should help.

My son is not in a wheelchair, but qualifies as disabled because of his autism. The process to get him on disability benefits had my crying. Twice. I know it is not easy.
I'm glad you understand.. it can be really tough to deal with indeed.
It's very tough, and I wish I had more info about outside the USA. Good luck.

:hug:
Thanks cutie :)
:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What is this illness and who diagnosed you?
It's a thyroid-disease, disease of Hashimoto.

I was diagnosed by my doctor in the hospital a few years ago.. Sometimes I need more medication (it's always more, never less) but I can never say when.
Add a Comment: