help with being trying to be healthy in an unhealthy world

it is so hard to be healthy in a place like america. the water is poisoned with chlorine and fluoride, the foods are processed and mixed with toxic chemicals, the NATURAL food is turned unnatural with pesticides and hormones, the deotorants are made with toxic aluminum, the air is polluted, the telephone poles disrupt our bodies and brains, the governments dumb pesticides right over us to kill bugs?! I would love to leave but at this time i am too young and don't have an income where i can go anywhere. Every time i change to something better i find another thing i'm using that is also poisonous to my health. its as if it never ends and on top of all that i try to care for the earth now and every time i see a patch of grass (next to the train tracks ) all the garbage from the road is swept up onto the earth. how can we call our selves inferior species if were the only one that cant learn to live in our own habitat the right way! I know and see that many people are waking up but i see so many people who simply don't care about there own health, i used to be one of them when i smoked cigarettes but when i quit all my bad habits i was free and able to start caring for my self! im asking for help because everywhere i turn im reminded of this bad enviornment and i try very hard to live in the moment and be great full but in a place like this HOW CAN I?!
Comments110
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Go organic. Costs more, but it's a much better option. Also, get some water filters in place. They work nicely too.
it may be wrong to live this long though... i've been thinking and i see now that a fruit fly has a 24 hour life because who ever is reincarnated into one need the least amount of time in that body. so when we become human since my belief that its all about becoming enlightened it doesn't matter how long we live. people are living to be older in america but sadly america is just such a corrupt country. the society is so corrupt it makes sense why america has the most crime and the most prisoners. prisoners = people rebelling against the way a society and culture is. and sure if we live till 100 we can learn a whole lot but sometimes someone could just be brought back into more illusions. like a old person whose been in fear till they were 100. also if humans made a serum to make someone live to 1000 that person would probably commit suicide before he turns 1000 because life is suffering. the reasons why we die is because we are purified over and over again into a new life form.
No lies there, it's hard attempting to stay pure in a contaminated world. Only thing I can tell you is to do what you can. Contamination is everywhere and the people are causing it and not thinking twice about it. See the problem with people, they don't like to fix mistakes, they like to ignore them and hopes that they fix themselves which never happens. This is one of those 'have to learn the hard way' type of things, like global warming. Ultimately mankind will have to answer for their misdeeds even though it won't be for a while.

As for you, continue to do what you can as I mentioned. Use water purifiers, buy healthier foods even though they've been through chemical alterations. See that's the thing, in this world there's not much you can do but to go with the flow unfortunately but at least by making good choices you can whether the storm. May you live a long and happy life for making the right decisions.
Just do whatever you can... Exercise. Cut out as much meat and dairy as you can. Fish is still pretty good. But go for rice or almond milk instead of regular milk. And seitan is a great meat substitute.
i've recently tried tofu and its really good and has more protein then meat i hear
You can make it taste like anything, and it can be used as an addition to other meals. It's pretty much the perfect food.
food is what grows out of the ground
I think you have all the right ideas already, you just need the budget to live healthily. Eat trusted organic labels, don't use toothpastes with fluoride, and do your part to recycle, reuse, garden, and definitely write to your lawmakers to express your opinions. Albuquerque, the city I live in, recently changed their water laws and now we won't have fluorine in our tap water :)! The best we can do is try our best. I don't want fluoride to calcify my pineal gland, toxins from processed foods to make up any part of my body, nor even waste to be "produced" by me only because I'm buying something. I'd rather the world not be at all like it is. I don't know why people get so hostile at those of us who think this way. Such weird creatures humans can be.
I think you're either raving mad or just a kid overreacting.
Inferior is bad, superior is good -_-
It's more about your diet and exercise. As long as you exercise regularly and eat relatively small portions and a healthy balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates then you should be good. But diet is most important. Look into bodybuilding, if anything you will learn about nutrition. Maybe research Okinawan diets. I'm from Okinawa and people here are known to live extremely long lives and I have seen firsthand old people outside still jogging and running when younger people in the states can't even walk up a flight of steps.
Consider this: All the things you've listed as unhealthy weren't around a couple hundred years ago. The average person can be assumed to live up to 80 now, and even 90 or 100 isn't that uncommon anymore. A couple hundred years ago you'd be lucky to live to 30 or 40. There are still many countries in the world "living off the land" that have incredibly short life spans compared to ours.

Things aren't poison just because we added it in. Everything you've listed is in such low quantity that no one gets sick off of it, just getting the benefits. It's like vitamins in our food. You can die of vitamin toxicity, but it never happens because no one eats enough fruit in a day to reach it.
i thought it was because of our advancements in healthcare
Much of which includes changes in how we produce food, such as GMOs. A lot of modern healthcare is taking something dangerous (viruses, for instance) and utilizing them in a way that our body can handle and adapt to, which ultimately makes us stronger.
but not everyone wants to be studied on and would rather just eat what the earth gives us and live a simpler life.
We're not being studied on? Not unless you volunteer for a study. These kind of things get carried out in labs for many years before they're approved for the public.
If you were to compare the place you're living in right now to other parts of the world, it's not as bad as you think. Believe me, I came from the Philippines, born and raised there but grew up for the last 16 years in Canada, and honestly, I'd have to say that the air is still cleaner here than over there. I don't know what part of the States you're living in to have so much unsanitation going on but try to keep things in perspective: as long as you are still breathing fine, can afford to buy food at your nearest grocery store and have access to clean water (as far as the eye can see) and wake up tomorrow morning and not get sick-- then you're just marginally better than the people living in Africa. Just remember that you can constantly rejuvinate your health by exercising or keeping fatty junk foods to a minimum, taking vitamins or regularly taking your meds. There are some things you do to learn to appreciate what you have at the moment and not feel so much concern with your health and that is to just walk around the park or neighborhood or maybe wander away from the city that the air is not so consumed with CO2 emissions LOL Sometimes just looking up at the clouds and seeing a lake from miles away and observing trees helps to calm me down. And I'm not even a big fan of the outdoors but it's the beauty of nature the captures your eyes for a moment that makes me feel like the world is still filled with wonderful things.
This world sucks X_X!!!!
I live in Canada myself, away from the city and I'm not in too bad of an area but you have a good point with the telephone poles.
We might eventually evolve to adapt to it but shit changes so fast.

I'll give you a quick story about where I live. I'm pissed off that they put chlorine into our amazing water last year or so (It's glacier water and ironically they polluted it when it really wasn't before) so they made 99% pure water... Impure. fucking retards. They're wrecking the world rather than fixing it and the 1% is so damn tiny anyways! Apparently the 1% is beaver fever (Fuck that shit I've been drinking this water since I was a baby)
Also I don't like bottled water that's labelled "spring water." It has this earthy taste that idk if anyone else notices besides maybe my family o_o
So yeah, maybe just buying filters for your water is your best bet if you want good water.
thanks for the advice iron giant ! i may switch to a smaller water company and do research on it. i definitely don't trust poland spring, they have these little mini bottles for kids and it says on the bottle "added fluoride for your kid!"
no problem! and... thanks for the advice for what poland adds to the water o_o
"the water is poisoned with chlorine and fluoride"

That's your problem. You don't know what you're talking about. Research the topic some more and do not go to 5th party conspiracy sites for your information.

I live in the United States and I'm older than you. I have no trouble at all living healthy.