So I Lost my best friend, all because I confessed how I felt about him.

Recently I told my best friend how I had feelings for him. Then last night he flipped out on me told me I was obsessed and crazy and terrified me taking away the safe feeling I had when I was around him, then tells me through a friend of his he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. So now I'm regretting telling him how I felt.
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Best friend my butt. I don't think that a true best friend would act that way. :no:
I'm so sorry hun. D: It was wrong and very immature of him to react the way he did, and hopefully he will realize what a terrible mistake he made someday.
The same thing happened to me, I liked my best friend for over a year, I was subtle about it. No weird stalker stuff or anything. When she found out she freaked and didn't want to be my friend anymore. It was hard for me because she was my only friend- the kind of persn you'd trust your life with. My best advice to you is don't let him go. Try to give him some time to think it over and then talk to him about it. Maybe you can save your friendship at the least- I wish I had done that.
I'm gonna say that maybe he was just shocked and reacted badly, instead of being a bad person. If I knew someone for three years and found out that all through our friendship they'd wanted more, I'd be surprised too; it might feel like the friendship was somehow false, like you had ulterior motives while he was oblivious.

Anyway, I'd just give him some time to himself right now. If he's a good friend, he'll realise his mistake and the awkwardness and try to fix things. If he doesn't, just move on with your life as best you can - time fixes problems like this in the end.
Knowing stuff like that shouldn't change anybody. I agree with the people above, your friend is either immature or isn't really a good friend.
That sort of reaction could easily indicate that he's immature. Without knowing him or you, though, it's hard to tell.
He flipped out? That doesn't sound like he was such a good friend then, because he's not really caring for your feelings at all :(
flipped out
Must meant Literally freaked out
as if u had personally stalked him
and evaded his privacy ?

Why continue dwell over this predicament

Ever heard
Plenty of fishes ?
Evaded his privacy?
That sounds like a mentally unstable friend. I could understand being emotionally affected by such a large bomb being dropped... but flipping out?
Yeah, something doesn't seem right that this could be the only thing to make him flip out like that. Friends don't do that at that revelation unless he was gay or something. What are you leaving out.
I'm really not leaving anything out unless he was going through something that he didn't tell me about. which he has had a habit of doing.
"last night he flipped out on me, told me I was obsessed and crazy" Something is missing between confessing your feelings and being perceived as insane, unless your confession was insanely over the top I can only imagine it was your craziness that pushed him away rather than the confession itself.
That's the thing I all I said was I've liked you for the past three years. I was subtle and calm about it. how is that crazy?
And he flipped out right away?
So it wasn't a "best buddy's advice"... Tsk, I can understand that being faced with a 3-years-long secret love is shocking, but freaking out over it is overreacting, especially for a guy (unless prepubescent, but I guess that's not the case).

I mean, I broke up with my gf and then we sort of made up and became just good friends, even though she's still got feelings for me. :)
Yeah and the worst part about it is that I don't trust many people to begin with and he was the one person I felt 100% safe around but after what happend it took away that trust and security I had around him.
Well... that sucks. Try to ask his buddy about why he could be feeling that way – like, you wouldn't want to force your feelings on him if he didn't allow you, right?