Concealer with SPF, Help?

Is it true that it makes your face look bad? I'm taking my graduation photos tomorrow and I got the concealer just for this occasion. Spent $25 on it at this quality makeup shop! :S I'm really worried that it'll look bad. :| I've googled it and some people said its fine but alot say it'll make your face look washed out. q___q please help?
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Just an update for those interested:
I went in today for my pictures with the concealer on and it turned out alright. The photographer showed me them as I needed to choose which shots I liked the best and I didn't notice anything especially washed out. Thanks for all your help! :)
SPF in a concealer sounds very unnecessary to me, since concealer is pretty much a spot treatment. You put it on blemishes and dark spots only, and you want SPF to be all over your face and not just on those spots.

SPF in your moisturizer makes much more sense to me since you apply that all over your face.

I don't know anything about SPF stuff reacting any differently to photo lights and flashes and whatnot, but make sure you blend it in and that it matches your skintone as much as possible. When I'm applying concealer, I rub it all over the spot instead of just dabbing it on top so that it feathers out into my actual skin much more naturally. It doesn't completely cover the red spot this way (just reduces its obviousness), but it looks much more natural. If I'm doing something fancy like going out or taking photos, I'd either touch it up again with more concealer, or apply a liquid foundation over it. And then, of course, powder over that.
I have no idea, I just saw it in the store, the sales lady said it was a lovely concealer so I bought it. .__. But ahh, alright, thanks for the advice! I'm a total noob at makeup so I appreciate the help!
I have no idea, I just saw it in the store, the sales lady said it was a lovely concealer so I bought it. .__.

Protip: Shop at Sephora, and if you're eyeing a product you're not familiar with, try it on in the store and/or ask for a sample. Liquid concealer seems like the sort of thing they'd be able to squeeze into a little container for you to take home. That way you don't have to find out after spending $25 and using it twice that it looks horrid on your face in daylight.
Actually I did buy it at Sephora. xD It's the bareMinerals SPF20 Correcting Concealer~
The thing is, I did try it at the store and it seemed fine. It's just that I want to take my grad pics with it and I'm worried the flash will make me look washed out or something. :S
Try it and take a picture of yourself today.
Hmm, alright, thank you!
Some do that. And it's funny that you see your face with your naked eye and it looks fine, but when you see the photo you look like a pale faced spirit. I had that happen with some eye makeup. I looked like a raccoon with a white eye mask instead of black on my photos, so I had to have a re-shoot.
Oh hmm, alright, I'll try to test it out tonight. Thanks!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I looked shit in every school photo I ever did, especially the one where they made us have them right after cross country.

If you're really worried on the day, though, touch it up with a friend's concealer or something. And use powder with it so you don't look shiny; I dunno about washing you out, but a flash might emphasise any shininess unless you're powdered.
Holy crap, they made you take pictures after running in Cross Country too? We were all so mad when we had to run first, then take pictures. Haha.
It was horrible! I wasn't a particularly attractive young teenager anyway, hadn't figured out make up or hair styling yet; you can imagine the shiny, red monstrousity in that photo.

At least it made my other years look good by comparison, I suppose...
I know the feeling. Cx My hair came out 5 shades darker and my skin was pale as all heck in my picture. It looks nothing like me. :(
Hmm, alright, thank you! :S I just really hope that it'd look decent cause its the graduation picture and what not haha. Hopefully it's not too bad. -crosses fingers-
I'm sure you'll look fine, just focus on not blinking in the photo or anything!
Yepyep! Thank you! I went in this morning and when the photographer showed me the photos it seemed to be alright. :)
Good to hear!
If you can apply it correctly and it's the right color, it should look fine. Either way, your skin is probably going to look bad because that is just the inherent problem with school photos (seriously, no one EVER looks good in them no matter what), so would you rather have a harsh flash on your clean looking face, or a harsh flash on your acne? Also, a matte powder over the concealer should help with any oilyness.
Hmm, okok. Thanks for the advice <3 ^^"
Even though it's professional photographers taking the photos, there is still a light flashing on your face.

My K12 school district used a pretty mediocre company, though, so...eh.
Hmmm...should I try it out tonight then? :S
Probably. If not, borrow a friend's concealer or something.
Hmm okay :S I hope it's alright, its a relatively low SPF (SPF20) so I hope it'll be alright. I'd be kinda sad if I couldn't wear it after spending so much on it. :|
Well, on the bright side, even if you can't wear it for the photos as you intended, you can still wear it on a daily basis.