Details

Closed to new replies
January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 29

Concealer with SPF, Help?

:iconaricania:
Is it true that it makes your face look bad? I'm taking my graduation photos tomorrow and I got the concealer just for this occasion. Spent $25 on it at this quality makeup shop! :S I'm really worried that it'll look bad. :| I've googled it and some people said its fine but alot say it'll make your face look washed out. q___q please help?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Just an update for those interested:
I went in today for my pictures with the concealer on and it turned out alright. The photographer showed me them as I needed to choose which shots I liked the best and I didn't notice anything especially washed out. Thanks for all your help! :)
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
SPF in a concealer sounds very unnecessary to me, since concealer is pretty much a spot treatment. You put it on blemishes and dark spots only, and you want SPF to be all over your face and not just on those spots.

SPF in your moisturizer makes much more sense to me since you apply that all over your face.

I don't know anything about SPF stuff reacting any differently to photo lights and flashes and whatnot, but make sure you blend it in and that it matches your skintone as much as possible. When I'm applying concealer, I rub it all over the spot instead of just dabbing it on top so that it feathers out into my actual skin much more naturally. It doesn't completely cover the red spot this way (just reduces its obviousness), but it looks much more natural. If I'm doing something fancy like going out or taking photos, I'd either touch it up again with more concealer, or apply a liquid foundation over it. And then, of course, powder over that.
I have no idea, I just saw it in the store, the sales lady said it was a lovely concealer so I bought it. .__. But ahh, alright, thanks for the advice! I'm a total noob at makeup so I appreciate the help!
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I have no idea, I just saw it in the store, the sales lady said it was a lovely concealer so I bought it. .__.

Protip: Shop at Sephora, and if you're eyeing a product you're not familiar with, try it on in the store and/or ask for a sample. Liquid concealer seems like the sort of thing they'd be able to squeeze into a little container for you to take home. That way you don't have to find out after spending $25 and using it twice that it looks horrid on your face in daylight.
Actually I did buy it at Sephora. xD It's the bareMinerals SPF20 Correcting Concealer~
The thing is, I did try it at the store and it seemed fine. It's just that I want to take my grad pics with it and I'm worried the flash will make me look washed out or something. :S
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try it and take a picture of yourself today.
Hmm, alright, thank you!
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Jan 8, 2013
Some do that. And it's funny that you see your face with your naked eye and it looks fine, but when you see the photo you look like a pale faced spirit. I had that happen with some eye makeup. I looked like a raccoon with a white eye mask instead of black on my photos, so I had to have a re-shoot.
Oh hmm, alright, I'll try to test it out tonight. Thanks!
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Jan 8, 2013  Student Writer
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I looked shit in every school photo I ever did, especially the one where they made us have them right after cross country.

If you're really worried on the day, though, touch it up with a friend's concealer or something. And use powder with it so you don't look shiny; I dunno about washing you out, but a flash might emphasise any shininess unless you're powdered.
Add a Comment: