Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

New area, don't know a lot of people here + can't sleep at night.

:icontobiasweinald:
TobiasWeinald Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hey there,

well the headline pretty much sums it up.
I'm actually in the Manchester area in the UK, don't know that many people here to hang out with so I spend most of my time at home. Which is good for my art but bad for my mind.
Also, since a while I feel restless for some reason. I wake up normaly in the morning, do my daily work and in the evening I want to maybe read something or watch a movie before I go to bed. But I can't focus or relax and start to do thousands of different things for no particular reason. Can't focus on one thing for more than 2 minutes.
It's not like it's making me mad or something, just feels very weird. I end up going to sleep around 5, 7 maybe. Just to wake up again between 10-11...

I don't have any special problems in my life actually, no stress or anything I could think of which could trigger this.

So if anyone has experienced something like this already, I would be glad if you could share it and how you dealt with it.
Of course I would be also happy to make contact with some people. Doesn't have to be from the area, since I can't sleep that much I hang around on the pc a lot so chat is definitely an option.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongarraswolfgirl:
garraswolfgirl Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
are you meaning 5-7 in the morning or at night? If your going to bed at 5-7 at night you need to stay up a little later and make yorself tired.
TobiasWeinald Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
ROFL, oh yes, my fault. I meant in the morning.

Sleeping at 5 in the afternoon would be quite something, if my working hours would be that liberal^^
Well it's 4 at night now and I chatted a lot with some old friends (where they are, it's just evening), so I will see how it goes this time.
:iconidnidveifencetum:
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Maybe you're too nervous?
TobiasWeinald Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Much unlikely
:iconidnidveifencetum:
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Maybe you just need to calm down?
TobiasWeinald Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
LMAO
:iconequilonic:
Equilonic Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Hmmm... I actually had same sleeping issue. Unfortunately, I was unable to fix (though it fixed itself with time, but still - ne advice here :().
TobiasWeinald Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well my dear SasoriBlue,
it may not be much of an advice indeed, but it gives me hope at least. Thank you
TobiasWeinald Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow thanks for everyone who wrote here so far. I can't reply to every single post but I took them all in consideration.

I guess I'm doing much better now. I try to spend my time more productive and useful. I went to some chatrooms and forums on the subject and was surprised to learn how many people suffer from the same issue. That gave us a lot to talk and well, I guess you all know how it is: it always helps to have people to talk to who were in similar situations.

Anyway, thanks again you all, I really appreciate it.
:iconomicronwanderer:
OmicronWanderer Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I have the same problem as you.

you need to do exrcise a bit more. you just don't get tired enough by sitting down most of the day and doing art.

I suggestpicking a day to tire yourself out. wake up earlier than usual the day after and try to get to bed at the hour you desire.

this should reset your body clock. However it may take a couple days of this until you start going to sleep at the hour you want.

unfortunately sleep schedules are easy to shift forward but harder to shift back.
Add a Comment: