Please Help Me..

My pet sugar glider keeps clicking her teeth together and making funny chirping noises. None of my gliders have ever done this and I'm scared for her. I don't think that she needs a vet (I don't even know a vet).. I'm just not sure what to do. I thought that she might have swallowed something the wrong way so I rubbed her throat to get it down... This idea worked for a little while but then she started doing the same thing again.

If you have a sugar glider or pet that does this.. Please tell me what to do.
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My sugar glider, Vita, never did that. But if I were you I would locate a vet and take him there as soon as posible. Or call a local vet to see if its a normal noise for a sugar glider to make. Alot of people say its a happy noise but you can never be to sure. People say cats purr when they are happy but truthfully, due to scientific reasearch, cats purr when they have any sort of human interaction. This could be something like that. But like I said to be on the safe side I would ask a vet about it. Hope that helps. And I hope your little buddy will be ok.
Thanks, she's fine now.
Ok thats good to hear. :)
sugar glider sounds

I've never had one, but I raised a gray squirrel and she made WAY more noises than I thought they did.
Well, I don't have a sugar glider, but I managed to find this - [link] This girl had the same problem and they explain what it means in the forum :aww:
I'm glad there's nothing wrong with your pet, but I would like to add that maybe establishing a vet for them might be a good idea; next time it might be serious and they'll want treatment quickly.
Because it’s happy…
Comment hidden
[link]
I got two of them there and then breed my own :D
Comment hidden
Sugar Gliders are legal in most if not all of the US. They're considered 'exotic animals' but larger vets can handle them.

The only animals you really see restrictions on here are ones that can breed successfully if they get loose, or are dangerous (ie tigers) in which case you need a permit to keep them.
No, I don't need to be licensed. I lately have stopped the breeding them because I've been getting too many. I gave most of them to a zoo and a few of them to other various places.
It's a common rodent sound of contentment.
Please take this opportunity to find A. a vet you can go to in emergencies and B. a source of expert advice on the internet.
Next time it might be an emergency and you need something to turn to beyond deviantArt.
Hmm... I don't have a sugar glider, but my rabbit makes that noise when he's happy/relaxed. Maybe it's the same for a glider? I googled it, and I got this:

"Chattering
Gliders chatter when they are excited or very happy about something. It is usually heard when they see you and want attention or is sometimes made after a hiss as a communication of friendliness."

:D So she's probably fine! :heart:

[link]

have a browse! :3
You really think that's why? ..Buut... I hand raised her from infancy and have had her for over 3 years.. I've never heard it before..
I did more googling, and it's definitely a good sound! :3 Apparently it's their happy noise. =D

[link]
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! *hugs*
No problem! 8D Squee ~ -huggle-