Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Happiness,..Asperger's.. Depression??

:iconprettyinstitches:
PrettyInStitches Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi there. :3

So, I've finally faced it.
I'm happy as long as I'm occupied... My depression is not gone, but it can be stopped by my own thought process.
So if I take an interest in my hobbies and lifestyle, I automatically becomes happier or more excited. I guess that's why I'm pursuing my dreams of an IB education and no longer live like a loner in this little Otaku-world of mine.. ^__^ ( Not bad at all though, I must say! )

Is there anyone out there with autism, Asperger's or in general anyone out there, who have done like I've done? Closed myself off from the world and specified in my own things? - Like I used to LOVE porcelain dolls, dinosaurs, yaoi and other stuff.. - Still do!

Yet, I feel like I need something I can live and breathe for? (I mean like new hobbies and stuff..) I like anime, taking pictures, dancing and being sociable..But I'm actually not quite sure if I've got anything I'm good at. I would like to find my muse.

I would love to hear about your hobbies and interests and what you spend your days doing.. Maybe even get inspired? :3

~ xoxo the socialite who wants to be alone.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfawkes-winchester:
Fawkes-Winchester Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Being an aspie, I try not to blame my diagnosis for my ineptitude and lack of interests and spark of life.
I'm rarely happy these days, I'm only content, and when I'm not content I'm depressed and angry at myself and my lack of special skills or talents. My self confidence exists only as a small shard of broken glass in the shadow of my self loathing. I am surrounded by people I find to be amazing, my friends. However, my envy breaks me sometimes, they're all good at something, amazing at other things, what's my talent? What's my specialty? What use, function and purpose do I have? I can never find a reason to love and appreciate myself. I keep trying to get into hobbies but I eventually lose interest and stop, it's like while normal aspies have few interests, I seem to have been born with none.
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I'm not quite sure what you need help with. I immerse myself completely in things that I like to block out paranoid delusions that make me upset. If you're looking for something new then go out where there are lots of people and look around to see what catches your eye (I'm assuming you live in or near a city).
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Why do you need a hobby you're already good at? Takes all the fun out of it.
Well, actually I'm jsut looking for something that I could eventually get good at :D Not something I'm already god at.
You're bound to get BETTER at whatever it is, and I'd rather be moderately good at something I enjoy, than REALLY good at something that's a slog.

So try a couple of things and see what really inspires you!

I recently thought it would be better if I socialized more, so I went to meetup.com and found this pretty awesome group in my area that aligns with one of my hobbies. I'm not trying to shill for the site, but it might be worth a try.
Since the group is computer-oriented, everyone in it is ALSO pretty introverted, so mostly we all just sit around uncomfortably, but it's a START, darn it. And seeing them keeps me motivated to work on my hobby.
Well, being sociable is always great. :) So maybe being sociable while connecting it to your interests is a good idea ? :D
I think so! You automatically have something to talk about, so it takes a lot of the guesswork out of the interaction!
I've thought about joining the Anime/manga club, but never dared.. Maybe I will! :D
What's the worst that could happen, for reals? Even if it doesn't work out somehow, you're just back where you started, but you've gained valuable experience.
You may even find some people going through the same stuff you are!
Yeah, you're totally right :3 I just think that I'm to damn scared to walk out of my own room! ^^
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: