Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 47

Any advice for how to earn money fairly quickly?

:iconartha-amberose:
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Basically, I have set up a deal with somebody selling a trailer house on a property outside of a small town near Madison. I can reserve the place, for myself, for what money I have now (Which will be... close to 300, more if I can get some more commissions/sell adoptables, or make more money somehow) and pay whatever I get as I get it.

I am aiming to get about 1800 to 2000 in the next month or so. The reason for this is so I can afford a uhaul, afford to pay a neighbor or friend to help me lift and move things, and get internet set up in my new place.

What I am wondering is, do any of you have any advice for how to gain more commissions? Ways to make money outside of art sites?

Is there anything you can think of that I can do to earn money while hunting for a job?
Have any of you been in a situation like this, where you need to earn a lot of money very quickly; and if so, how did you do it?

Another thing - I need advice for getting a job. I have been trying every resource I have, and so far have not had any luck. I really need a job because one income (My boyfriend's income) is NOT enough to support the two of us. I need to bring in a second income, so we can live comfortably, and actually split bills like we were when I was still employed. Though getting a job right now would still not have enough money coming in in time.

Long story short, my apartment complex is overcharging me for rent. We worked out a deal, but they suddenly decided to revoke said deal. They are now threatening eviction. The guy who is selling the trailer is selling it themselves, so there is no middleman. I'd be signing something saying I'd be paying at least 400 a month, and it'd be kept track of through him.
Basically, I would much rather put money towards owning each month, then throwing it down the drain in renting.

If I can get this trailer and property, it will be absolutely perfect for me. This will be a good turning point in my life. My luck might be finally starting to turn for the better.

ANY advise would be appreciated!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Have you tried odd jobs, babysitting, snow removal etc?

Continue to look for a regular job, but it could help bring in something in the short term.

If you are good a realism, take a few baby pic's from the stock/resource gallery, draw some beautiful babies and hit local day care centers, offering to do original portraits of babies, children from photos. These will usually sell best in traditional medium like pencils or pastels. Could also print up some flyers and post them in the grocery store.
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
That's a good idea. Maybe some local people might like portraits of their pets. C:
Since I can't draw children to save my life xD
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Places with cheap rent tend to be located in areas where it's very difficult to get employed. In either of my cities (Boston and New York), $400/month is less money than I have ever heard of anyone paying for rent without at least 2 roommates in the ghetto...but there's always a job somewhere.

It might seem counterproductive but you may want to consider moving somewhere you can find work instead of somewhere with cheap rent.
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
It's somebody who is in a very good place in their life, is older, and is trying to pass on the blessing.
It's not renting, but rather rent to own. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity that I refuse to pass up.
It's $400 payments towards owning the place. C:
What will you own? The trailer or the property? Or both? How many payments until you own it? And is the trailer and/or property worth what that ultimate amount will be?

Assuming you will someday own the property, can you do anything useful/profitable with it, like sell it for a profit, put a business on it, or rent it to tenants? Some land is not worth owning, depending on its location and zoning.
Both. It'll be paying until it's paid off.
And yes, it will be. It's had a lot of stuff updated and fixed. Brand new well, big property, a shed, and in a nice, safe area just outside of a small town.

More is going to be discussed. The seller is sending me a form to fill out right now.
All right, well, I'm sure there are loans and lines of credit and such that aid in these things. Like a mortgage. Although since you're not buying, I guess you'd have to go with a different type of loan, and since you don't have an income, no one is likely to give you one. So you might want to use a credit card if you absolutely have to. Have you looked into Section 8/government help?
I am buying it together with my boyfriend. he does have a job, and he just got a better one. I am still looking, and do have a lead. I may have a job at a grocery store quiet soon.
:iconming-shuw:
Ming-Shuw Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
In the past years, i look for a lot but really a lot of thing to earn money online while looking for a job.

1/ You can sell objects that you don't use anymore on Ebay, Amazon Priceminister, etc.
2/ Freelancer: if you know programmation, graphic design, writing, translation and all others things that can be do online, you can work as a freelancer on freelancer.com, Odesk, etc...
3/ Fiverr: you can do little things services for 5$ per service. Once you get a lot of orders, you will be able to earn 10/20/50$ more! Look at this site, you can propose anything and everything:graphic, seo, promotion, video, drawing, craft, etc...
4/ If you can do jewelries, clothings, objects with your hands, you can sell them on Etsy, Dawanda, A little market...

I already do these 4 things.
Freelancer can be also hard to be chosen when you bid because there are a lot of people there!
Fiverr is the best, you can create an original gig and people will jump on it!
I have a shop (tou can look at it in my signature), it's slow but money come!
I'll look into all of that! Thanks. C:
Add a Comment: