Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 47

Any advice for how to earn money fairly quickly?

:iconartha-amberose:
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Basically, I have set up a deal with somebody selling a trailer house on a property outside of a small town near Madison. I can reserve the place, for myself, for what money I have now (Which will be... close to 300, more if I can get some more commissions/sell adoptables, or make more money somehow) and pay whatever I get as I get it.

I am aiming to get about 1800 to 2000 in the next month or so. The reason for this is so I can afford a uhaul, afford to pay a neighbor or friend to help me lift and move things, and get internet set up in my new place.

What I am wondering is, do any of you have any advice for how to gain more commissions? Ways to make money outside of art sites?

Is there anything you can think of that I can do to earn money while hunting for a job?
Have any of you been in a situation like this, where you need to earn a lot of money very quickly; and if so, how did you do it?

Another thing - I need advice for getting a job. I have been trying every resource I have, and so far have not had any luck. I really need a job because one income (My boyfriend's income) is NOT enough to support the two of us. I need to bring in a second income, so we can live comfortably, and actually split bills like we were when I was still employed. Though getting a job right now would still not have enough money coming in in time.

Long story short, my apartment complex is overcharging me for rent. We worked out a deal, but they suddenly decided to revoke said deal. They are now threatening eviction. The guy who is selling the trailer is selling it themselves, so there is no middleman. I'd be signing something saying I'd be paying at least 400 a month, and it'd be kept track of through him.
Basically, I would much rather put money towards owning each month, then throwing it down the drain in renting.

If I can get this trailer and property, it will be absolutely perfect for me. This will be a good turning point in my life. My luck might be finally starting to turn for the better.

ANY advise would be appreciated!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Have you tried odd jobs, babysitting, snow removal etc?

Continue to look for a regular job, but it could help bring in something in the short term.

If you are good a realism, take a few baby pic's from the stock/resource gallery, draw some beautiful babies and hit local day care centers, offering to do original portraits of babies, children from photos. These will usually sell best in traditional medium like pencils or pastels. Could also print up some flyers and post them in the grocery store.
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
That's a good idea. Maybe some local people might like portraits of their pets. C:
Since I can't draw children to save my life xD
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Places with cheap rent tend to be located in areas where it's very difficult to get employed. In either of my cities (Boston and New York), $400/month is less money than I have ever heard of anyone paying for rent without at least 2 roommates in the ghetto...but there's always a job somewhere.

It might seem counterproductive but you may want to consider moving somewhere you can find work instead of somewhere with cheap rent.
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
It's somebody who is in a very good place in their life, is older, and is trying to pass on the blessing.
It's not renting, but rather rent to own. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity that I refuse to pass up.
It's $400 payments towards owning the place. C:
What will you own? The trailer or the property? Or both? How many payments until you own it? And is the trailer and/or property worth what that ultimate amount will be?

Assuming you will someday own the property, can you do anything useful/profitable with it, like sell it for a profit, put a business on it, or rent it to tenants? Some land is not worth owning, depending on its location and zoning.
Both. It'll be paying until it's paid off.
And yes, it will be. It's had a lot of stuff updated and fixed. Brand new well, big property, a shed, and in a nice, safe area just outside of a small town.

More is going to be discussed. The seller is sending me a form to fill out right now.
All right, well, I'm sure there are loans and lines of credit and such that aid in these things. Like a mortgage. Although since you're not buying, I guess you'd have to go with a different type of loan, and since you don't have an income, no one is likely to give you one. So you might want to use a credit card if you absolutely have to. Have you looked into Section 8/government help?
I am buying it together with my boyfriend. he does have a job, and he just got a better one. I am still looking, and do have a lead. I may have a job at a grocery store quiet soon.
:iconming-shuw:
Ming-Shuw Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
In the past years, i look for a lot but really a lot of thing to earn money online while looking for a job.

1/ You can sell objects that you don't use anymore on Ebay, Amazon Priceminister, etc.
2/ Freelancer: if you know programmation, graphic design, writing, translation and all others things that can be do online, you can work as a freelancer on freelancer.com, Odesk, etc...
3/ Fiverr: you can do little things services for 5$ per service. Once you get a lot of orders, you will be able to earn 10/20/50$ more! Look at this site, you can propose anything and everything:graphic, seo, promotion, video, drawing, craft, etc...
4/ If you can do jewelries, clothings, objects with your hands, you can sell them on Etsy, Dawanda, A little market...

I already do these 4 things.
Freelancer can be also hard to be chosen when you bid because there are a lot of people there!
Fiverr is the best, you can create an original gig and people will jump on it!
I have a shop (tou can look at it in my signature), it's slow but money come!
I'll look into all of that! Thanks. C:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013   Digital Artist
Since prostitution was already mentioned, stripping.
It has the potential to earn you lots of money fast, tax free. But you can also not make much either.
And before you get all defensive, it is a serious solution, and if you're not exactly in love with getting naked, look into bikini bars, same idea but without the nudity. If you have good shifts you'll be able to make a fair amount and no one has to know where it came from.
I actually did think about that, BUT, I'm not exactly very good-looking. The guys want to see sexy women up on the pole... And I am rather overweight and not very pretty.
Stripping does not bother me, at all. C: There is no shame in the body or enjoying it, or enjoying watching it. That's just silly stigmas that society has put on us.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   Digital Artist
Well, as long as it doesn't bother you. You might actually have a shot.
I've seen a decent amount of girls that would shake the stage when they slid down and hit the floor. :D
It is worth a shot, C:
"The guys want to see sexy women up on the pole... And I am rather overweight and not very pretty."

Get into the fetish scene. They're much more forgiving.
It's worth looking around.. There is a strip club that has nights where anybody can get up there. I'll see about trying it out.
Have you ever stripped/exotic danced before?
No I haven't, but I could learn.
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Go and scope out the place first. Take note of what the girls are doing, how they move their bodies, what poses they strike. What music they play. Practice in front of a mirror at home (with the kind of music they use) and take note of what looks good when you do it and what might look better in a different way. There's a bit more to it than just getting up on stage and taking off your clothes, and at the very least having some sort of plan may make you feel more confident.
Tis worth a try. C:
(1 Reply)
:icongyr633:
Gyr633 Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Prostitution.
Problem is Prostitution is kinda illegal xD
Gyr633 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Depends where you live.
Well, in Madison it is illegal.. Would much rather not go to jail trying to earn money. xD
Gyr633 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Alright xD Just saying...That's probably an easy way to get money xD
:iconslave2karma:
Slave2Karma Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
"I've tried donating blood before, but I chicken out at the sight of the needle."

Keep your eyes closed the whole time. Problem solved. :la:
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
xD It's not the sight of the needle that does it, but the feel.
I have sensory integrative disorder, and little pokes and pricks like a needle bother the shit out of me, and hurt a hell of a lot more then they should.
Not only that but I can feel the tiny hole for weeks. I swear. Whether it's there or not. ^^;
:iconslave2karma:
Slave2Karma Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Haha, I get ya. If you're looking to make some money FAST, try looking through your stuff and see if you have anything of value you can part with for some extra dough. My mom was in a bit of a financial pinch last year, she sold some of her junky gold jewelry at a kiosk in the mall. Made herself a few hundred bucks that way. ^_^
Sadly, I don't have anything of value, but I do have some prints I want to sell xD
:iconhulabell:
Hulabell Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Would you consider selling your blood plasma for money? The one I go to gives you $30, and you can do it once a week, so that's an extra $120 every month. If you're not afraid of needles and can commit at least a two hour day a week then it's a good start.
I've tried donating blood before, but I chicken out at the sight of the needle. ^^;
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Writer
Could you donate blood or plasma? I don't know if they pay for that, but I swear I've heard some people say they do. Also, check local ads to see if anybody needs any odd jobs done (like babysitting, dog walking or whatever). Aside from that, all I can really think of is asking your family or friends for a loan.

I would recommend not putting too much faith in commissions here and instead using the energy to look for a proper job.

The only other thing I can really think of is trying to cut down your current expenses. There are pretty extensive sites on the web that can help you to do this, so it might at least give you a bit more disposable income.
Yeah that is what I am doing, Most of my food is coming from food pantries, and I am cutting costs wherever I can in an attempt to save as much money as I can.

I have tried to donate blood before, but the sight of the needle sends me running like crazy. Also, I don't drink nearly enough water (Madison tap water tastes terrible) and from what I remember, it made my veins too small to get easily and safely.
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Do odd jobs for your neighbours?
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I'll look into that
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Nothing legal I am afraid.
Artha-Amberose Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I am looking into grants that can assist people getting their own place.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I mean you I don't know any legal means to get money quickly.
:iconwquon:
wquon Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
i have a little diff look on things, sounds stupid but set urself up to spend less. do stuff to make ur new home more electrically & water efficient so bills r less, when u do pay bills give 5-10 extra on them itll add up & if a crisis happens ur bill will b less or even paid 4 by that time. start a small garden the book square foot gardening is great. im recently learning about espaliering fruit trees to grow them n a smaller space. when u buy seeds look into heirloom seeds so u wont have to buy new seeds each year. sry got carried away lol best of luck to u (heck u could buy a solar panel & hook it directly into your power that way u wonthave to buy the expensive battery set up{thats only usefull if power goes out} ha)
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I love your priorities.

Step one: Raise Cash
Step two: Move
Step three: Internet
Internet is pretty important for job searching and a lot of other things. That's why I want to get it quickly as possible. That, and I don't have a phone so any contact has to be done through Google Voice, and having some method of contact for jobsearching is essential, if that makes sense. xD
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmmm, that was a rather interesting response. I was joking really, but in truth my priority would be the same. But that's because the internet is for my video games.
LOL That, and the internet is my only entertainment. xD Though without internet, I'd have TONS of time to do art. xD
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
You're going to need to bust your ass, and fast. Earning that kind of money that quickly is highly unlikely, unless you can get your hands on a pound or two of pot. Seriously, the only ways I can think of that will get you that much money that easily is drugs or prostitution. If there was a way to make that much money quickly without having a full time job, everyone would be doing it.

You can ask friends or family for a loan that you could pay back when you do get a job, or sell all your stuff.
:iconddsgale:
ddsgale Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Dunno about getting money quickly when it comes to art... You could always see if anyone in your area would let you clean their houses or pet sit or something... Other than that the only thing I can think of is to start pawning and/or selling stuff, but generally you won't get what stuff is worth.

As for job hunting, there's all the normal means such as going business to business, checking craigslist (though you gotta be careful with that), or online/newspaper job ads. I know one place that hires a lot where I used to work, but I can say it's not for everybody, it certainly wasn't for me. There's a company called Alpine Access that does inbound call center work from home and I was on their sprint team. It's rough though because it's one of those jobs where 80% of the people who call in for various things are grade a assholes. But it pays decently and gives decent hours if you can cope with the asshattery.

Other than that the only advice I can give is just keep sending out resumes and pumping out applications. Eventually you'll get a nibble. Oh, and there's temp agencies, but I can't say I've had much luck with those.
Forgot to mention, the down payment is 1500, which is why I gotta earn a lot of money in the next month, so I can get the down payment paid, and move in before the apartment complex decides to evict me. It'll take at least 30 days to go through, and I want to earn the money before it goes through so I can move.
Add a Comment: