Fade-able/semi perminent hair dye. Help?

Okay well, I'm a brunnet, I got hazelnut colored hair and I got the right away from my parents to dye my hair red, but the kicker is, it's got to be fade-able/semi perminent hair dye, meaning it doesn't last all that long and after a few washings begans to fade away. But the thing is, I don't know any good brands to us. So if you know any please tell me! I would greatly appreciate that! and if you know, how much it usually runs at money wise.

Thank you.
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Real red? Or OMG fire engine red? My hair has been pretty much every color under the sun, so depepnding on what you're trying to do, I can probably help xD
haha XD probably dark red, not really dark auburn because I don't think it will show up but just..... red. XD If that makes sense, I haven't really been able to look at the shades of red. My store doesn't carry much but one or two shades of 'red' and thats orange XD
What's your natural color? If you don't have to, I wouldn't use bleach. That stuff messes up your hair >< Light hair, you can use pretty much whatever you want. Dark brown and the like, I'd go with auburn or burgundy. Or just put on straight red for a helluva tint. Loreal is a nice brand. Feria (I think that's the name) always have me good results. Nice glossy color.
Any Giant, Safeway, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, or Walmart would have it.
Mines a hazelnut kind of brown color hair. And I'm not bleaching it which means whatever I get will end up darker. Although I think those are all permanet hair dye brands... I see them at walmart a lot. Thank you!
Red pigment is very... loose? Even permanent will fade pretty quick if you don't maintain it. You could also always do Henna. I found that TGel Shampoo murders hair dye, so that'll make it fade faster, too. And if all else fails, have someone help you find another boxed dye that's close to your natural color and color over the red. Honestly, you're not really gonna find too many impressive temporary dyes. All the best ones I've used (and, again, I've used a LOT of different brands and colors) is the semi and permanent colors give the best results.
okay thank you! I have a semi-permanent red dye now, it lasts about a month. I'm just looking for something that last for a week or two to start off with because my parents wont let me use the semi-permanent dye for the first time. lol thank you!
You can't really make a drastic change with dye that washes out. The best you could do is dark red or burgundy color.

Clarol products are usually pretty good.
Okay! Thank you! :)
Unless you want to go with the brighter kind of stuff. Manic Panic doesn't work with my hair, I like Special FX or Splat color. They're probably about the same price, but Splat comes with bleach.

Be very careful using these, they tend to bleed when they are wet for the first week or so.
Manic Panic is a good brand that is completely vegan. I used Vampire Red and My hair turned out like it said it would and i didn't even bleach my hair! My hair was so damaged from using normal red box dyes that it soaked up the dye really good. My hair is bright red at the moment but it used to be an auburn color before i used Manic Panic. It does fade but I've had mine for 2 weeks and it only faded a little bit! All red dyes will fade, no matter what you do. It helps if you wash and rinse your hair with cold water. I've been dying my hair red for 3 years so i know a thing or two. this is the best and brightest dye I've used so far. the good thing about this dye is that if it fades (mine did only a little) you can dye it again without damaging your hair. I bought 2 bottles of the amplified version witch lasts longer because i have a lot of hair. I hope you like my advice. Remember, no matter what anyone else tells you, red fades no matter what.
VAMPIRE! XD sorry had to do that. Yes this helped a lot, thank you! My hair isn't damaged at all other than maybe split ends and this is the first time I will ever be dying my hair, so mine may not take the dye in as well as yours according to your post. I also have a lot of hair too. :) Thank you very much! :)
Some people's hair takes better to dye. I know for a fact that mine doesn't. When I get my hair dyed at the salon it fades out in a week but when I do it myself it stays for much longer. Sometimes it's weird but even if it does fade you can dye it again with manic panic
Okay thank you!! :D
Special Effects or Manic Panic. :nod:
Thank you! Seems like a lot of people like Manic Panic! lol XD thanks!
do not use splot. :stare: i had PINK hair when i was aiming for red. then it turned PURPLE at the roots. and the ends of my hair was orange.

could not get rid of the nickname "mlp chick" for a month.
I've used Splat the last few times and it works fine for me :)

Those kinds of dyes are picky. You have to find ones that work with your hair.
eh I do not like Splat, I tried using their glow in the dark pink hair for Halloween. IT DID NOTHING but ruin my hair where I put it, gawked it up. But luckily it was dark and people didn't realize it.

and sorry bout that. I bet that was awful.
:noes: that sucks. i bet it was awkward trying to explain that after the holiday.

it was, but luckily it didn't ruin my hair.
I was lucky.. it washed out that night. thankfully lol

yeah thats good though! :)
Red Manic Panic fades pretty well after a few washes. You can get it at Sally's beauty stores and Hot Topic, possibly other places but those are the only two I know.
mmmm. Sounds cool. I'm going to have to see if I have any of those places near me though. XD Thank you! :D
i'd say, raw it has some pretty good colors and it lasts pretty well :). also can try maniac panic too. i heard that one is decent too :). i tried raw last month. it lasted pretty good from 3-6 weeks depending how many times you wash ur hair :)
Thank you! :D I gotta see if I can find that anywhere, do you know what stores carry it? haha not sure if Walmart or Walgreens will have anything good.

And I wash my hair once everyday, and thats at night.