Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 29

Fade-able/semi perminent hair dye. Help?

:iconsaraalaska:
SaraAlaska Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay well, I'm a brunnet, I got hazelnut colored hair and I got the right away from my parents to dye my hair red, but the kicker is, it's got to be fade-able/semi perminent hair dye, meaning it doesn't last all that long and after a few washings begans to fade away. But the thing is, I don't know any good brands to us. So if you know any please tell me! I would greatly appreciate that! and if you know, how much it usually runs at money wise.

Thank you.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnyanko-dono:
nyanko-dono Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Real red? Or OMG fire engine red? My hair has been pretty much every color under the sun, so depepnding on what you're trying to do, I can probably help xD
SaraAlaska Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
haha XD probably dark red, not really dark auburn because I don't think it will show up but just..... red. XD If that makes sense, I haven't really been able to look at the shades of red. My store doesn't carry much but one or two shades of 'red' and thats orange XD
nyanko-dono Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What's your natural color? If you don't have to, I wouldn't use bleach. That stuff messes up your hair >< Light hair, you can use pretty much whatever you want. Dark brown and the like, I'd go with auburn or burgundy. Or just put on straight red for a helluva tint. Loreal is a nice brand. Feria (I think that's the name) always have me good results. Nice glossy color.
Any Giant, Safeway, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, or Walmart would have it.
SaraAlaska Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Mines a hazelnut kind of brown color hair. And I'm not bleaching it which means whatever I get will end up darker. Although I think those are all permanet hair dye brands... I see them at walmart a lot. Thank you!
nyanko-dono Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Red pigment is very... loose? Even permanent will fade pretty quick if you don't maintain it. You could also always do Henna. I found that TGel Shampoo murders hair dye, so that'll make it fade faster, too. And if all else fails, have someone help you find another boxed dye that's close to your natural color and color over the red. Honestly, you're not really gonna find too many impressive temporary dyes. All the best ones I've used (and, again, I've used a LOT of different brands and colors) is the semi and permanent colors give the best results.
SaraAlaska Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
okay thank you! I have a semi-permanent red dye now, it lasts about a month. I'm just looking for something that last for a week or two to start off with because my parents wont let me use the semi-permanent dye for the first time. lol thank you!
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Jan 6, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
You can't really make a drastic change with dye that washes out. The best you could do is dark red or burgundy color.

Clarol products are usually pretty good.
SaraAlaska Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay! Thank you! :)
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Jan 6, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Unless you want to go with the brighter kind of stuff. Manic Panic doesn't work with my hair, I like Special FX or Splat color. They're probably about the same price, but Splat comes with bleach.

Be very careful using these, they tend to bleed when they are wet for the first week or so.
:iconblueyedred:
BlueyedRED Jan 5, 2013  Student Writer
Manic Panic is a good brand that is completely vegan. I used Vampire Red and My hair turned out like it said it would and i didn't even bleach my hair! My hair was so damaged from using normal red box dyes that it soaked up the dye really good. My hair is bright red at the moment but it used to be an auburn color before i used Manic Panic. It does fade but I've had mine for 2 weeks and it only faded a little bit! All red dyes will fade, no matter what you do. It helps if you wash and rinse your hair with cold water. I've been dying my hair red for 3 years so i know a thing or two. this is the best and brightest dye I've used so far. the good thing about this dye is that if it fades (mine did only a little) you can dye it again without damaging your hair. I bought 2 bottles of the amplified version witch lasts longer because i have a lot of hair. I hope you like my advice. Remember, no matter what anyone else tells you, red fades no matter what.
Add a Comment: