Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

I...Need...to...cut

:iconttfnjinx:
TTFNJinx Jan 4, 2013  Student Interface Designer
sorry if it looks like I'm spamming i just need some help.

I need to cut. It felt so good and I miss it but my parents found out and there was a huge freak out a couple of months back. After that i've been searching for other ways to self harm myself. But now i'm stumped. I need to stop but nothing works. None of the therapies work, nothing nada! Is there any way to self harm but without any major consequences?

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: This material can be triggering for others, so we don't allow it in the forums. There are a lot of resources for dealing with this--as has been said--more self-harm isn't the answer. [link] is a good starting point, and people have linked other resources and options here. :)
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
no you don't, right now you are consumed with irrational thoughts. Cutting is not going to make the pain go away. One thing I learned from a program called "DBT" was to get an ice cube and squeeze it in my hand until it melts. The reason being is, it takes away the focus of the emotional pain and replaces it with the physical. Trust me it works, you'll forget about cutting and only be able to focus on the freezing numbness of your hand.
:iconphantasmastriker:
Gah, another cutter. Don't inflict harm to yourself, that's just plain stupid. I've worked with a cutter before, and she had some very bad infections because of it.
:icondragonflae:
Pluck your pubic hairs. It hurts like fuck, and there's no long term effects.
It does indeed thanks
:iconamalaazula:
AmalaAzula Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
Here. [link]
:iconlowko:
Emotional disturbances aside, cutting is not very healthy because it puts you at high risk for infection. You likely don't fully comprehend how serious infections are, especially if they go untreated. Serious to the point of long term hospitalization and/or painful death.

Perhaps find a marker and draw on yourself. You're still changing your body, but people won't see your work and immediately think they need to freak out in one way or another. I did this myself, and still do occasionally now but very rarely. I used black permanent markers and would flay the tips to be like a brush, became so good people immediately thought they were tattoos (and would inquire how I kept them so black, at which point I'd tell them it was marker and I'd get a weird look -- as if marker on top was somehow weirder then injecting ink INTO my skin). Those who saw me often (work, school) would be confused early on as my 'tattoos' suddenly changed after a day or two. (would stay on for a day or two without 'going over' and washed off 100% with rubbing alcohol)

To this day I don't know exactly why I did it, but in retrospect I was doing this when I was in stressful situations. When I do it now (almost never) I feel it's mostly to reminisce, unfortunately being out of practice I cannot 'paint' my markings on with the elegance or detail I use to.
This is very interesting advise I like the idea. I don't like tattooed well permanent ones n I used to draw designs on my arms (until I found out about ink poisoning which is funny I worried about that n not about how cutting can lead to serious nerve damage.) I like you're idea though. When I cut I would quickly swipe my arm as hard as possible. Thank you.
:iconcinestress:
Cinestress Jan 4, 2013  Professional Filmographer
I know what it's like, but since you haven't done it, there's at least an ounce of you that cares enough to not just go do it. I often fall into moods where I don't care about what anyone thinks or who it will hurt if I hurt myself which has made my stopping almost impossible.

Get some rest, eat some comfort food, and do something you enjoy that can consume your mind. Self-harm is like a drug and it is very addicting... just keep trying to avoid it by doing positive things.

At least you care enough about yourself and others around you to seek help and tell others how you feel.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Jan 4, 2013  Professional Photographer
I’m going to be honest with you. No, you don’t. This is the same as drug use, psychologically. You cut to relieve stress, for the endorphin rush, because you think you deserve to be punished or whatever may be your reason. The satisfaction that it gives you is temporary and you will be left feeling guilty and horrible afterwards. Eventually, it isn’t enough. You have to do it more often, more severely. It is not worth it. It’s a dead end road.
Add a Comment: