Too mature or overly-introverted bastard?

I study in a Catholic school. You probably think it's full of polished good kids who follow adults right? Ahahaha... they don't exist in my life.

I'm surrounded by, forgive the term, immature kids who swear a lot, get away with cheating, and even have 'boyfriends' and stuff.

I say words like 'damn' and 'bastard', but I at least don't say it near many students. Even I feel shame. I don't even say stuff like 'f*ck' or 'sh*t'. Not in public, at least.

I have few people I actually like (though most are boys) and most of them say I'm a lone mature/smart person or whatever. I don't think so. I over-analyze lots of things. I don't even know if I'm thinking right.

I dislike most of the girls for being all err... 'malandi' or flirt-ish only caring about a dude's looks. I mean, they literally fall for the handsome guy who is probably taken and older.

I've had crushes before, but I didn't fall for looks that easily. Even a guy is mildly trying to flirt with me (obvious though mild) and I know I shouldn't prioritize that kind of stuff first.

The bad news, most of them are actually a year older than me. And I still feel like some loner who should just get homeschooled.

Alright, I feel like I'm gonna get tons of hate for this so... what's your opinion on mine? :-/
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Wait what.....

Sorry but what's wrong with having a boyfriend and how is someone too old for you when he's only 1 year older .-.

(don't mind me if I misunderstood it but that's what I got)
I don't know how old you are obviously but it sounds to me you're a lot more mature than the rest of the people in your age category. This is by no means a bad thing, really I have exactly the same thing going on. Except well, I'm a dude haha. You know the ways of the world better than most of the people your age, and that is a good thing. The big problem is, or so I believe, is that a LOT of children get everything thrown into their lap by their parents, and thus the ''child'' in them stays there an awful lot longer than say someone who had to sort things out for him/herself. They just don't understand, and that's no problem. Don't feel like a loner either, because trust me I could be the first to tell you it is very hard to find people that resonate well with your mentality. Heads up and be proud!

A bit much of a rant, but as I started there was no stopping me, haha. =p
My thought on this is that you shouldn't be so concerned with what others do or don't do. Regardless of what they do, it's best to not focus on the faults and shortcomings of others. God says that we should be kind to others, forgiving them if they do something that's wrong. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what they do or don't do - all that matters is that you're happy with your own actions and who you are. Forgive them and do everything you can to get along with them.

"And be kind to one another, full of pity, having forgiveness for one another, even as God in Christ had forgiveness for you." Eph 4:32

"If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Rom 12:18
My opinion? I think you are envious =P.

Having a mature personality is not how much you judge the people around you, it's having an understanding that comes with age and/or experience.

I'm not exactly sure where you are getting at with this post, but it sounds like a form of compensation. You said it yourself, that you feel like a loner. When someone is the outsider looking in, it's not too uncommon to justify it. Heck it's very common to antagonize others while doing so.

So when I say that you are envious, I don't mean anything bad by it... I think that you are having a hard time finding a place in life at the moment. My advice is let them be who they are and don't worry about it.
I can relate, and I was homeschooled. I don't feel comfortable around people like that; I retreated into geekery and have a small cadre of friends who share my interests. And there's nothing wrong with that.

There's also nothing wrong with holding yourself to a higher standard. You are you, and don't let anyone make you feel bad for that. You're still young, and have a whole lifetime ahead of you to make friendships. The difference between you and those other kids is, you're looking for quality, not quantity.
People mature at different rates and are interested in different things at different times in their lives - none of it is right or wrong, it's just individual variances. If you think about school, you're basically stuck in a building with a limit number of people every day. You don't have a massive choice of friends and are kind of expected to have things in common with people simply because you're of a similar age, which is ridiculous when you think about it! I know it probably doesn't help right now, but there will be times later in your life (and sooner than you think) when you'll get to meet a lot more people who you can genuinely connect with. Until then, focus on the people and things that make you happy :aww:
Ha, sounds like younger me. Nice to meet someone similar.
Welcome to yourself. I can tell you that I can somehow understand you. I grew up in a little school full of bad people. I had to hear all srots of jokes, comments... I had to deal with people that seemed to be 5 years younger than me and well, what doesn't kill you make you stronger haha, but I think the main thing is, don't loose yourself. I have been in the situation when you start looking at all those girls only living to flirt and go out with "boyfriends" and you think how immature and stupid it is. Then when you're a bit older you think that, maybe it's you the problem, maybe it's you that always lived like a more mature person and now fell like you didn't really experimented everything. And then's when you can loose yourself. I personally never had boyfriend but, I really never wanted to, even though, as everyone, I like boys but, I might like the look in the outside, they seem to have nothing interesting for me in the inside. And I could see that clrearly when a boy almost 8 years older than me fell in love with me. Yeah crazy, I couldn't even believe it in that moment but then I realised a lot of things. Don't get me wrong, I suffered a lot and I'm just commenting it and I had those days when you think nobody looooooves you haha. But I think you shouldn't care about that. Try to be social with the people you like and try to understand the others, that way I'm sure you will be happy as I am right now ^^
I feel you. I come from a public school but its the same way. I judge guys on personality. If I don't like the way they act then being cute wont do em any good. I "baby sit " a freshman who is a very I -need -attention baby n she "dates " supposedly a new guy every week. I'm hoping some of my maturity will rub off on her.

Truth is you n I have a lot in common. Ive had guys annoy me trying to get me to lose my virginity n ill say this I ain't doing it with no snooty preppy good looking foot ball playing jerk. Its hard to find good guys by judging looks. No matter what situation it is. Being open minded is the best way to find friends.
I had a friend who had gone to a catholic school for her High School years. She would tell me stories on what had gone on there. More or less a bunch of rich kids went there. Not everyone was bad or anything but for the most part they had there "Groups". If you weren't in a certain category you were pretty much outcasted. She was a Lutheran going to a Catholic School which apparently is as bad as a atheist going to a Catholic school. Man there was a lot of crazy stories.

My advice stick to "Who You Are" don't let the crowd change you. You will more than likely regret it later.
I'll keep that in mind. :aww:
Just be who you are, it's fine. But, it's also a good idea to try and show an interest in everyone. If they're too nasty then don't bother.
I understand, thank you! :iconbowplz:
Looking down on others' behavior when it has no impact on you, then coming onto a forum to bitch about it is pretty immature to me. :shrug:
Hail brutal honesty. If I thought I was superior/mature then I would put this on the complaints forum. (no intimidation or sarcasm was put into that, kay?) Yes, I am an insecure bitchy little teenager you probably happen to despise. So sorry you have to see this thread if you see me as such. But thank you, I somehow deserved that huge slap-back in the face and the fact that you cared enough to reply. ^^
The reason I replied is that I was like you once. And then I realized that thinking I was somehow better than my classmates because I didn't talk about sex or the new stupid fads 100% of the time was a waste of my time and energy, and I found friends that I got along with and stopped giving a shit about everyone else. It's not really fair for you to judge their lives when you don't really know that much about them, and it's not fair for you to waste your time worrying about them. :shrug:
Thank you for being honest. I always thought criticizing was merely a part of life, but you're right. I'm just being a bitter person. Thanks for being you. :aww:
Go to school to learn. Ignore everything/everyone else. Not swearing does not make you mature. Not flirting/falling for looks does not make you mature. Don't be so judgemental.
Thanks. That was a huge slap to my face, but it was nescessary. I don't really not flirt and stuff. I've had my crushes. They were nice, I threw a bitch-rage when they found another girl, moved on. I still have a crush, not throwing a bitch-rage so far. So thank you for choosing "overly introverted self conscious bastard" to be my label. I appreciate your honesty. :)
I wouldn't say overly introverted self conscious bastard. You're obviously not interested in doing the same things as they are/feel like you don't fit in and that's fine. But your post came off as though you think you're better than they are, which you aren't, you're just in to different things. It doesn't make you a bastard but it doesn't make you mature.
Sorry, I tend to give off the wrong messages. :facepalm: I just feel really bad/left out because I want to be alone when they always encourage me to not be. I have friends, of course. I would never want to think myself as better. That would really shame me for my entire life. Thank you for your opinion, by the way. :aww:
you know, I had (and still have) the exact same problem in my current school- I'm in a catholic school as a transferee. To make things worse, I had anxiety problems and I don't exactly think as mature as any 15 year old (everyone had to adjust to me) so I was culture-shocked, afraid, depressed, bullied, and everyone was intimidated by a smart loner like me too (I don't mean to brag, but the valedictorian stabbed me too). And you know what I did? I decided to drop all that sh*t and went to the guidance counselors (try it and it will save your life in a place like that, trust me. They aren't just there for detention, you know).

when I did, they made me learn one thing: that up there and the rest of the bombardment in the next weeks to come is just the tip of the iceberg to what actually lies ahead once you graduate high school and go to college and even start a new life afterwards- and it never ends. I know lipstick- covered duckfaces with pretty mascara lashes and boys who turn you into fools is something to be annoyed of, but it's not you- it's them. If they knew you were annoyed by that, here's what they'll say: who the F*ck do you think you are to mess with me? You're not me and I don't give a F*ck about you (true story). care about what you think of yourself and worry about how others think of themselves. never care about how others think of you.

To be honest, worrying about swearing in public and being annoyed by flirts should actually be the least of your problems. Everyone swears and it comes naturally. It is bad, but you can never be too good. Okay what if someone told you 'Gago, puneta kang hayop ka!' in front of your face to amuse you (you know, barkadas do that for their own amusement and now I know why)? would you cry? would you burst in anger? College students do that a lot- and everyone has to go through college to get a better life. It's cruel but...it's life!

Try to focus on yourself and try not to be too self-conscious: it won't help. In my opinion after all the sh*t I've been through in that school, these are just obstacles that's meant to polish you in the years to come, just like what it's currently doing to me.

Best of luck! :)
Hehe... I hear swears all the time. Whether it's a playful "putsang ama mo!" or a F*ck everywhere because of a problem when I don't even give a damn about it. Actually, I sit next to the former "top 1" of our class(which I beat) and he's... he's a magnificent yet boisterous little prick. Sometimes I even go to the point when I think intelligence is a curse. Like I could just live life believing lies and not knowing the real nature of the world. I was actually 'confessed' my sins (being a Catholic school) with my other classmates. After my turn, I was alone in a church begging for forgiveness (in my thoughts) while crying. Nobody saw it, of course. The actual difficulty is that many people don't like my "I don't give a damn about all of you" personality. It's quite true, but they just force me to break out of it. When they only make me feel like a lonely bastard with their fake eagerness to talk with me. But thanks, to write that long when I've suddenly become all dramatic and emotional. I wish you the best of luck. :love:
then don't give in- but always remember to care when you need to care and be careful of what you say or do (you might not know it, but you actually might be hurting someone unconsciously in the end). :)

Better safe than sorry! :)

Good luck to you, too! :huggle: