Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 91

My own low self esteem?

:iconxjessie-chan:
xJessie-chan Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
95% of the time I think of my self as awkward... Everything down to the way I act with other people around me (even if they are total strangers I walk past on my way to school) makes me believe this is true. I admit the thoughts of others around me TERRIFY me, I let one piece of clothing that's sliding a bit too low or simply the way I walk corrupt my thoughts and ruin my day at school or even outside of school. Even my own dark skin color bothers me sometimes, there have been times when I've shopped at store only to put down every item of clothing I've picked up if I notice another girl/guy glancing at me for a second, and it's embarrassing! I seem to feel the most self-conscious at school with all the other kids making fun of each other harshly and even making rude comments about african-americans and dark skin...I'm afraid to feel pretty only to have someone make me feel ugly..At home I don't have this problem but when I'm around others I shrink within myself.

What to do about this?

Another thing I find difficulty with is loving who I am, when I don't know who I am which is where all these negative term come from which I use to describe myself (as I haven't been working towards achieving my dream of working in the art entertainment industry)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I used to be very awkward also, in fact . . . I still am. Over the years as I have done more things it has gotten better, but I still have my nervousness. The best advice I have, is never let your nerves stop you from doing something you really want to do, that way you have one less thing to be nervous about. Doing the things I want to do anyway has helped me out the most.
xJessie-chan Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm getting better at pursuing the things I want and instead of saying 'I want' I just do it :D I am still awkward around people which I'm guessing will happen for a while.
Cirprius Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes, it just takes time and practice. :)
xJessie-chan Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The same with everything
Cirprius Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Exactly!
xJessie-chan Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:)
:iconjstar19000:
JStar19000 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"Life's a performance." -Lady Gaga

"YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY, BAY-BEE." -Lady Gaga

Well, I don't know if it helps, but these helped me ALOT. :)
:iconmeemie7:
Meemie7 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Lady Gaga is now a philospher(if I spelled that wrong, don't judge me)
:iconjstar19000:
JStar19000 Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Screw that, i LOVE LADY GAGA.
:iconmeemie7:
Meemie7 Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I luv her, too!(i didn't mean it in a bad way that she was a philosopher. i'm just saying that a lot of her songs have inspirational messages giving her that sort of image)
Add a Comment: