Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Hoarse voice

:iconof-mice-and-moshpits:
of-mice-and-moshpits Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I went to a new year party and spent over 3 hours shouting over the top of music. Now my voice is so hoarse I have to shout to say anything at all even then what I say is hard to make out. I need to fix this quickly cause Im getting on a2 day long plane trip back home tomorrow ( Im on holiday ) and Id like to sound nice but strepsils and the like haven't worked any ideas.

I'm also freaking out because a chick at my high school had this hoarse voice for well as long as i new her ( 6 years ) I need ! this to go away asdfghjkll;

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwquon:
wquon Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
honey & a herbal tea
of-mice-and-moshpits Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Digital Artist
thankyouu
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I tend to go with lots of hot peppermint tea with honey in it, which at the very least tastes yummy (though I find it really does help more often than not). Also, drink lots of fluids in general, and rest your voice as much as you can until it heals up. But don't whisper instead of talking normally! I know it seems counter-intuitive, but whispering is actually harder on your vocal folds than normal talking is; they have to stretch tighter in order to produce a whisper sound than they do to produce a normal speech sound. Good luck!
oh thats actually really clever thankyou /:)
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You're very welcome. :D
:icontreelifedragon:
TreelifeDragon Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I've strained my voice A LOT (sadly :c I sing a lot and when I tried to change the way I had been singing for 11 years... well... lets say it was painful) and what you should do is avoid talking. Thats always the best thing to do. Its the quickest trick and the most effective.

Hope your voice gets better C:
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
keep your neck straight, and don't talk at all until your voice is better. that will help your voice to recover quickly.
will do thanks
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
if necessary to talk, whisper, or talk as little as possible
:iconaspacecowboy:
aspacecowboy Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Yeah, just take it easy and drink a lot of water. As long as you didn't really damage anything, it'll resolve itself. Until then, enjoy sounding like Lauren Bacal.

...after you look up Lauren Bacal.
Add a Comment: