Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Hoarse voice

:iconof-mice-and-moshpits:
of-mice-and-moshpits Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I went to a new year party and spent over 3 hours shouting over the top of music. Now my voice is so hoarse I have to shout to say anything at all even then what I say is hard to make out. I need to fix this quickly cause Im getting on a2 day long plane trip back home tomorrow ( Im on holiday ) and Id like to sound nice but strepsils and the like haven't worked any ideas.

I'm also freaking out because a chick at my high school had this hoarse voice for well as long as i new her ( 6 years ) I need ! this to go away asdfghjkll;

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwquon:
wquon Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
honey & a herbal tea
of-mice-and-moshpits Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Digital Artist
thankyouu
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I tend to go with lots of hot peppermint tea with honey in it, which at the very least tastes yummy (though I find it really does help more often than not). Also, drink lots of fluids in general, and rest your voice as much as you can until it heals up. But don't whisper instead of talking normally! I know it seems counter-intuitive, but whispering is actually harder on your vocal folds than normal talking is; they have to stretch tighter in order to produce a whisper sound than they do to produce a normal speech sound. Good luck!
oh thats actually really clever thankyou /:)
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You're very welcome. :D
:icontreelifedragon:
TreelifeDragon Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I've strained my voice A LOT (sadly :c I sing a lot and when I tried to change the way I had been singing for 11 years... well... lets say it was painful) and what you should do is avoid talking. Thats always the best thing to do. Its the quickest trick and the most effective.

Hope your voice gets better C:
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
keep your neck straight, and don't talk at all until your voice is better. that will help your voice to recover quickly.
will do thanks
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
if necessary to talk, whisper, or talk as little as possible
:iconaspacecowboy:
aspacecowboy Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Yeah, just take it easy and drink a lot of water. As long as you didn't really damage anything, it'll resolve itself. Until then, enjoy sounding like Lauren Bacal.

...after you look up Lauren Bacal.
ahh tbh I probably have damaged something :/
:iconaspacecowboy:
aspacecowboy Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Not necessarily. I get laryngitis for several months every year. On one occassion it lasted for 18 months, though most people didn't notice it for several of them, I could still tell.

Just be careful, and if you have insurance, go see an E.N.T. and make sure, but it's probably not a big deal.
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
On top of what others have said, avoid using your voice till it starts to get better.
alright thankyou
:iconbenji-0:
benji-0 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I find a mixture of honey and whiskey to be effective.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
So you knew Bonnie Tyler?
:iconfreakylaurent:
FreakyLaurent Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Photographer
There's a herbal tea I could suggest

Throat coat, Not a joking matter.

Does works after a few cups

Very soothing I say and yet pleasant tasting

Can get them at the Health food stores

Hope this helps
thanks I'll look out for it :)
FreakyLaurent Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
Also have heard of another old fashion remedy.

Honey & Cinnamon !

Hope the hoarse is gone by then?
ahh its still around when I try and talk high pitched but atleat I can talk :) how are you doing?
FreakyLaurent Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
Doin alright, thanks
:iconcatapultedcarcass:
CatapultedCarcass Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Worst poem ever.
FreakyLaurent Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
WTF ?
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Tea and honey. And don't be a moron the next time.
alright thankyou
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Filmographer
Don't mind me, I'm just piggybacking because apparently I was preemptively blocked (unless I interacted with this person before, but I honestly don't recall). And I had this nice little reply ready and everything!

OP:
Don't freak out - that won't help you at all! Your voice probably just needs rest because you were spending over three hours shouting over loud music. =P It happens with my friends a lot after football games, though I haven't experienced it in years.

Don't do things that might dehydrate you or your vocal cords, like consuming caffeine. Instead, keep your throat moist by drinking lots of water, perhaps have honey and tea, and suck on cough drops. Avoid talking if you can.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Whoa, caffeine dehydrates your throat? I had no idea!
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Filmographer
Well, it's dehydrating in general, so it'll make you thirsty and such. Dunno about you, but when I'm thirsty my throat and mouth get kinda dry. :lol:
Huh. Guess that helps explain why I guzzle so much tea.
Evidently I may be wrong. :paranoid: I've been told in athletic activities that caffeinated beverages are dehydrating. Apparently they can still hydrate you (although caffeine is a weak diuretic), but not as much as water so you have to drink more.

Still, I don't think coffee and soda are good for a sore throat. :shifty: Tea's probably soothing.
Definitely not coffee, no. Tea, I'm no expert on its nutritional value beyond the fact that I like it. :lol:
Or why people drink so much soda (even if it's diet coke) and still aren't satisfied. :lol: And I've never had my thirst quenched after a coffee.
Well, I know soda doesn't quench your thirst. I hardly drink the stuff any more. Aside from the caffeine thing, tea's better for you. Or at least less unhealthy.
( Oh my friend gave me a list of ''trolls'' to block but you seem nice. ) Anyhoww thankyou for the advice hun.
Speaking as someone who's had untrue rumors spread about him on other sites, you should never preemptively block someone. Only block them if they harass you personally. Most of those "troll lists" are made my immature kids who can't handle the admittedly dark humor of the people who lurk about in the Complaints forum. Granted, some of them have crossed a line once or twice, but as you've just seen, most of them are decent helpful people and you're only harming yourself by blocking them.

Don't listen to rumors, judge people for yourself.
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Filmographer
:lol: The people labeled "trolls" are usually pretty funny if you don't take them seriously, and don't do much unless you go in Complaints and don't play along. I'm not usually all that bad (I think), though I do enjoy Complaints.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
No one is a troll on DA. We are all here to talk as adults and share the love.
Add a Comment: