Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12
:iconmarformation:
I don't really know where to start here. I never really thought this would come up as a problem, but recently I got thinking about it. I'm an avid RPer and writer, and I often have my friends read and revise things I write (I'm kind of new to both). Recently I gave a piece to a friend, and a few minutes later he came back with "Wow, you sure like writing about torture and stuff." I hadn't really noticed before he mentioned it, but he's totally right. Now looking back, those scenes seem to be the ones I've enjoyed writing most. That's not all, I like reading pieces of that nature, and now that I know about it my curiosity has peaked and I've taken to looking up more. I'd never dream of actually hurting anyone in real life, but it just seems to be a daydream that comes up more and more often in my mind. It's starting to worry me, will this turn into something horrible?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrockstarvanity:
RockstarVanity Jan 3, 2013  Professional Photographer
A lot of the time, art is a way of indulging and expressing things that you have no intention of ever doing in real life. I love creating gory violent photography and would never even remotely consider actually doing any of those things for real. When you write, it's an expression of your personality to a certain extent but it's also an expression of your imagination in a world where you are free to experiment with thoughts and ideas that aren't based in reality.
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Jan 2, 2013  Professional Writer
as a writer so many things will and do pass by in your mind. in a way, I guess I'm a sadist as well, at least in my mind. as for actually, physically, stepping out there and doing it to someone, I probably won't ever step that far into the darkness of my mind, but I wonder if bringing forth your enemies in such sadist methods a partial step? but regardless, the more you wonder and stress about it, the worse it's going to get. anxiety will develop and you could take a step which there is no coming back from. now, there are certain adult bars/others which you can enter and be a sadist and it'll be legal and you won't hurt yourself/others and it'll curve your sadist nature. just a thought all the same.
:iconangelheartthewarrior:
AngelheartTheWarrior Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
There's nothing wrong with dark fantasies; it's part of life. Your friend just isn't interested in dark fantasies; it's a personal taste.
:icontheawesomeshoexd:
TheAwesomeShoeXD Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm quite the sadist myself! I'm a person of a very dominant personality, so it really came as no surprise. Don't worry about it. This won't turn into something horrible, just something sexy. It just sounds like you have a kink. That's a good thing. Kinks are fun and there is a good community of kinksters you could make friends with. :) I'd say embrace it!
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Ah its no issue, i do stuff in my rp's that i would never do in real life. Ive written some sick shit and read some to, infact i was part of the "fluffy pony" craze that went on /mlp/ when it first started. Dont worry about it though, Its just your mind ventilating some sub-consious rage in managable amounts so you dont go on some killing spree. :D
:iconnarwalmilk:
Narwalmilk Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
It's fine, and it won't turn into anything horrible.
Even if you do want to do stuff in real life it's fine as long as the person consents.

And anyway, a lot of people enjoy writing about this sort of thing and it means nothing at all.
Don't worry about it.
Like JessicaDeLuxe said, you can even find that sort of thing on dA if you look for it.
Feel free to note me about it if you want to talk about it in private, since I have a fascination with sadism too,
:iconageen:
Ageen Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Well, it's not an obsession, right?
I am a very poor writer, but I have participated in nanowrimo this year (info: [link] ) and I have found writing about various things much more interesting than others- it's normal.
Torture and macabre is a great subject of art (widely speaking), so I think it's ok for you to find it entertaining.

As mentioned before, as long as it is not an obsession, you don't think about applying it to real life and so on- it's just a thing you're interested about and that'd be it.
Just like taking artistic nude photos doesn't make you a nymphomaniac (bad comparison is bad, but you get the idea).

And if I am somehow wrong (wich we'll probably never know), then I should start worrying about my serial killers research.
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Jan 2, 2013   Photographer
Might be normal curiosity. Lot's of people share interest in it. You can even find it here on DA.
:iconmasterassasin639:
I'm very sure your fine. It was like my fascination with the Nazi's (p.s. I love History). I am a history nut about WW2 so imagine how i felt when i got extremely into it to the point where i was reading morbid books about their ideology and Himmler as well as Mengele.

Don't fret over it though it a phase that will come to pass and if it doesn't don't worry we all have dark habits though it very well could be a phase. The simple way to tell if your into it is to try it and if you like it you like it simple as that. Your friends shouldn't judge you for what you like or what you secretly enjoy, alright? I hope everyone else's advice and mine helped you. :meow:
:icondutchconnaisseur:
Sweety, I am a sadist. There is nothing to worry about having dark fantasies.
Having dark fantasies does not mean you are sadist. And even if you are a sadist there are safe and fun and loving ways to live with that. (Yeah, that sounds weird, I know)

I guess you are afraid one day you will act on those urges. Luckily enough, you can do that safely (safely for yourself and for others).
If you are interested do some research into bdsm. Starting points could be:
[link]
www.fetlife.com (Depending on your age, it is an adult site. A kind of facebook for bdsm)

Or sent me note if you have any questions.
Add a Comment: