Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Boyfriend is moving away,

:iconmissmischiefgirl:
Missmischiefgirl Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
My boyfriend is moving away, about 3 hours of a drive to go to collage. He's 19 and I'm 17 so I'm not done highschool yet. I want him to move so he can be done school and get the job he wants because he has it all lined up for when he gets back. He has a guaranteed place working to be a welder for a company, all he has to do is do his course. I'm scared that we wont make it long distance, or that he's gonna break up with me to move. I love him so much and I know that im the best thing for him. Even his friends he's known since he was born have told me that I'm the best thing fo him, and I make him happy and such. But I don't know if he could handle a long-distance relationship. I guess I just want some perspectives and opinions on this.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   Digital Artist
Well best thing you can do is to put all that crap out of your mind and not focus on it, because then you're going to start getting all clingy and weird because of your own internal fears, which will cause them to come true because you'll end up sabotaging your relationship yourself.

Best to just relax and stop worrying about it, things will happen as they do.
:icontristencoy:
TristenCoy Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I am in a long distance relationship right now and I say it is totally worth it. My case is much different though. Met online and not in person yet. We are both 17. I'd say don't worry your heart too much. If he loves you and knows that you're good for him, he'll survive the distance. Love is greater than distance!! And if he can't survive the distance then he really isn't worth trying to get back.. You guy's still text, email, snapchat, skype. Skype is the best besides the texting and stuff. So many ways to keep you guys close despite the distance (: I don't know how well this reply helps but if you need someone to talk to or have any questions, I'm friendly and here! :)
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I hate to say this, but generally the person freaking out, is the person who can not handle it. You keep saying that he can not handle a LD relationship, but there are two people here, and he sounds pretty sure that things will be ok. But you keep saying you don't know if he can handle a LD relationship. This is your freak out, you are the one worried about it, and you need to figure out why, and address your issues.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Filmographer
Two of my good friends are in a long-term relationship. He's about 3-4 hours away, and she attends my college. They made it work so far, and they still seem pretty happy! :) I think they Skype or call frequently too, and he comes down and visits for breaks and holidays.

In contrast, my ex and I lived in the same area after he graduated (I'm two years younger), and that didn't work out well at all. He wanted little/nothing to do with high school life, which I was still stuck in - and I didn't understand it until I got to college myself, a year after the breakup. :\

So I guess it just depends! I would definitely talk to him about this though. If you make him so happy as you claim, part of me doubts that he'd leave you or hurt you just because you're a drive away.
:iconsaartha:
saartha Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Why aren't you talking to him about this? Part of a strong relationship is being able to have serious conversations about concerns.
Missmischiefgirl Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I have tried to talk to him, but he just doesn't want to hear it I guess... He's lie me and just wants to ignore the facts about it and ignore the reality...
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Artist
If you love him then you'll let him go :shrug: it will either work or it won't, just cherish the time you have left and hope for the best
I want him to go so badly. I even offered to help him with his math so he could be finished in time. And I hate math.
:iconprairielily:
PrairieLily Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In my opinion, that isn't far enough away to warrant a break up. However, I'm not your boyfriend.

But I do believe that the internet, phones, ect exist and because of this, there is subsequently no excuse if you truly love the person. There is always a way to stay in contact even if there is a temporary lack of physical contact.
Add a Comment: