Can't stop watching sick shit on the net

Every third month or so I start to watch videos depicting suicide, murder, horrible accidents, torture and so on, until I get fed up with it.

For example, just a few minutes ago I watched a video where these middle-eastern men killed a bear mother and tortured her two cubs by cutting their genitals off.

I feel like I'm going insane or something, what should I do about it?
Comments21
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You should call your mom and tell her you're sorry or something
this is the net, the only place you can encounter torture, nudity and two girls with a cup all in one day ;) eventually you'll either get tired of it or you'll start interacting and doing it. that's when it becomes a bad thing probably. because watching something, thinking about it and then going from the torture of animals can lead to farther and darker paths which is best left not to walk.
It's natural; the human stage goes through a few years of watching dark things. It can happen anytime and for as long as it wants, but it will end eventually. As long as you don't try to do it yourself you'll be ok.
I have the same problem.
I dont know you sick fuck, maybe watching "they joy of painting" might chill you out, you chlorined gene-pool of a human being.
Do you actually want to stop?
Because if you don't want to stop then you probably won't no matter what you try.
If you do want to stop, then you have a higher chance of stopping, if it's a self control issue or something I guess there are things you could do to improve that.
But as someone else said, you only do it every few months, so it's not controlling your life or anything, and isn't a really serious issue, so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you feel like it's getting out of control.
Most people have a natural curiosity towards the perverse, it just depends on how squeamish you are as to how far you go.
I used to like looking at that sort of stuff in the past, but these days I just can't... I have no idea what changed, but back when I did watch those sorts of videos I didn't let it bother me because I know there are plenty of other, perfectly well adjusted people who also enjoy it.
If you feel it's a growing problem then you should look into help, but if you're just concerned because it's gross or what people might think of you or whatever then try not to worry about it, because you're not alone and you're not doing anything wrong really. :shrug:
Nah, I've been like this for years. Try to understand what you like in this stuff. Remember that this part of you is fucked up and aberrant, and don't even try to legitimize it for yourself. It's no big deal otherwise, really.

Likes and rights differ, and these are the likes that are wrongs. That's all there is to it.
Oh, I thought you were going to say you couldn't stop watching those gross pimple and cyst pops on the weird part of YouTube.

Perhaps find a new outlet?
maybe you have some kind of deep fear that something bad will happen to you, but when you watch bad things happen to someone else, you feel like that bad thing is kept far away from you because it's over in another place happening to someone else.

this is just a guess, but i wanted to throw it out there.
I dunno. I like looking at pictures of mutated babies but that shit's fucking awesome
Find something... Not so horrible to get addicted on... Like a TV show. O_o
When you said "sick stuff on the net", I thought you meant things like 2 girls 1 cup or something XD but if you're watching things that are so disturbing and worry about it, why do you not just stop?
Have you considered working as a mortician?
If you want to stop, get some accountability with a friend you trust (not a gossip). Explain the situation, and that you want help. This option is a lot harder then just letting it run it course- but if you're worried about it, then you should do something. Talking to a counsellor or a helpline could help too.
I think CaptainFantasy has a point about shit being a part of life too. Maybe you could replace the video's with something less morbid. If you can stomach it, why not use this 'fascination' to other help others. Fact is many people are pansy, but you could volunteer at homeless shelter or something.
CaptainFantasy pretty much explained it. The only solution is to wait until youre tired of it
The only solution is to keep watching enough sick shit that you get tired of it. Hell, you only do it once every couple months anyway. Just let it run its course. You're not going insane. You just have an active morbid curiosity. Doesn't mean you're a bad person, because everyone loves gawking at car wrecks too. Just embrace it. Because that shit's life too, not just the warm and fuzzy stuff. You'll be okay my good man.
Not everyone loves gawking at car wrecks :no:
I was more talking about the human inclination to focus on the dark side of life. So okay, not everyone wants to watch car wrecks. But they might want to veg out on ultraviolet war movies, or read about morbid historical events as a hobby, etc. The point is everybody has a natural curiosity for that kind of thing to some degree, and it's nothing that should cause a person so much distress and shame.