Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

what are her intentions????

:iconpixlephoto:
PixlePhoto Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
So I like this girl but she's got a long distance boyfriend (well someone she met online who she hasn't seen face to face yet) I'm pretty sure they're together as she refers to him as her "boyfriend". BUT she keeps flirting outrageously with me. She knows I like her and I'm just confused about what her intentions are. Is she doing it because her long distance boyfriend isn't here and I'm just an easy target? I'm scared shitless to talk to her about it so any inkling of what might be going on in her head would be great :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
She is playing with you, and the fact that you havent made a move yet to see how far she will go is pathetic.
:icontristencoy:
TristenCoy Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Photographer
I can kind of relate to you. Kind of. I am in a long distance relationship right now with a guy I met online and have not met him face to face yet. And sometimes I catch myself getting flirtt towards friends. Does she talk about her boyfriend a lot? Or do you ask? I would start talking about him and see how she responds. I flirt but it is harmless. And very little. I love my boyfriend but sometimes the distance gets to me and I just do it unknowingly. I would say it is narural though. She is probably craving a closer relationship but may also be confused and fighting herself because of the boyfriend.. I don't really know the stort so I can only say from personal experience.. I hope some of this helps? O.o
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
She could just have a flirty way. There is people like that who flirts around without barley knowing it themselves because that is just the way they act.

But:
She has a boyfriend who she has never even met.
She has someone she might be interested in which she has physically met.

My guess would be that she is trying to get you, or at least get you interested, but keeps her boyfriend until she is sure, so that she won't end up alone.

What you should do? Well, talk to her. Clear things out. If things work out between the two of you, I'm quite sure that she will have no problem dropping the person she haven't even met.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Ask her. If she doesn't give a clear answer, move on.
:iconmylastel:
mylastel Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Like what $namenotrequired said, she can't flirt w/ her "boyfriend" so she's doing it with you. I mean, she maybe wants to hug and touch w/ her guy but because he's from a long distance, she can't do it w/ him. And since you're w/ her, she finds easier to express what she feels w/ that guy to you instead. Eh? Ahh.. you better confront her to know exactly what she really wants or thinks especially w/ you. =P
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
>you better confront her to know
>you better confront comfort her to know

fix'd :D
:iconfactoryrain:
Factoryrain Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
Respect the relationship and tell her it's not cool to do that even though you like her. Don't let her do a stupid thing and cheat. Don't let yourself be cheated with. It could get you hurt, too.
Best of luck~
:iconnyanko-dono:
nyanko-dono Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Any girl who is willing to take on other guys when she already has a boyfriend (of course she's got a guy in another sate, makes this behavior even easier), is just bad news. She's obviously got looser morals, so I wouldn't try to get anything from her other then a good time if that's what you're okay with lol.

She's horrible dating material. Trust me. If she's okay doing what she's doing to her boyfriend, I promise she'll do it to you.
:icongoodbyemoon:
goodbyemoon Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
"She's horrible dating material." Really? "wouldn't try to get anything from her other then a good time" Yeah that's not going to end badly for both of them.

For all we know she could be jokingly saying he's her bf. I think the OP should find out for sure if they are in a relationship, because it looks like they don't know.
nyanko-dono Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Clearly you've never dated someone who had a guy/girl on the side lol. Unless you get off on your partner flirting or whatever with other people. What floats your boat :shrug:
goodbyemoon Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
... Wait, so you are saying that no one would cheat on me? Thanks :)

I just know there is a difference between a serious relationship, a casual relationship and online dating. I also think the OP is assuming too much since, they are not even sure she is dating this online person.

I know people who refer to other people as their 'husbands' even though they are married to another person. So it is not a far fetched idea for me that she is calling this guy, who she has never met, as her 'boyfriend' when he could really be a friend.

I trust my partner, they can flirt/talk/friend any person they like. I know there is a difference between flirting and cheating too. :P
nyanko-dono Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If you haven't been cheated on lol, count your blessings. It really sucks. Like, reeeeally sucks.

And as much as I despise generalizing or stereotyping, OP is female, and all my lesbian friends all seem to have this dirt luck in dating ._. ESPECIALLY with these supposedly bi girls. Who almost always, sadly, seem to just say they're bi beacuse it's trendy. And it's something to tell guys, "yeah, I like girls too *wink" :| I've seen too many of my friends get conned on that front.

And, I mean, my husband and I have been in an open relationship in the past. I was always straight up front with anyone I talked to, I like to flirt, I'm available for some thing, but I'm engaged so don't expect anything on that front. And when we were first dating, I already had a "wife" and a "girlfriend" and "too many boyfriends", but no one in my circle is confused at all about where they stand. My wife is my best friend from school lol. My girlfriend is 8,000 miles away lol.

The fact the OP is confused is simply this girl in question is not communicating any angle appropriately. And that's not fair, it's mixed signals. I wouldn't mess with it, personally. She's either lousy dating material because she's sketchy, or because she's got some growing up to do :/ Just hoping it's the latter.
goodbyemoon Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Yeah why is that? One of my close friends is a lesbian and she has the worst luck with girlfriends, but that could be my view of the situation. (I always think she deserves better)

I agree with the mixed signals. So the stand point is to ask outright or leave her alone...
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Artist
Talk to her about it :shrug: get over your fear
:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Interface Designer
She can't flirt with her boyfriend the same way so she does it with you instead.
:iconerarosaimmortal21:
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
You shouldn't be scared to ask, and she's loving the extra attention because she knows you like her. She's taken and she knows it but is just testing her limits. Move on and forget her plenty of single girls out there. Major red flag by the way!
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Photographer
That is crazy. Why would someone prefer a person living elsewhere instead of someone in the same town? I could see it if the guy was in the service or something, but how do you do something spontaneous with someone who lives in another state? Hey, let's go to the movies tonight. You go to the one in your town and I'll go to the one in my town and we can talk about it later on line.
:iconnicetints:
nicetints Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Some people don't get it and can't deal with it themselves, but some long-distance relationships do work. It depends on the person.
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
You know people that prefer that? I mean if the personality is amazing the friendship good I say make a go of it. But I get what you mean. Maybe it's because technically you don't have to deal with your other half 24/7 it's like a mini holiday away. As for the spontaneous part not all couples get a kick out of that. Everyone is different. I come from a town myself it's hard to find decent men here let alone them taking a girl out.

Plus I knew someone that loved to make up a fantasy world long distance to increase chances of finding a great "date".
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Photographer
Sounds like the ultimate role playing.
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Indeed.
:iconendeavor-to-freefall:
Endeavor-To-Freefall Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Some people are just inherently flirty.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
She has a boyfriend. No matter how valid you think her relationship status is, stay the fuck out of it. Because who knows, if she ended up cheating on her boyfriend with you, what exactly would stop her from cheating on you?
:iconpixlephoto:
PixlePhoto Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Yeah well that is a fair warning sign I guess!
Add a Comment: