Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 102

Everywhere I go on the internet...

:iconlain-otonashi:
Lain-Otonashi Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I find people acting so horrible to each other in forums. Bickering like a person without reason. Now, I'm not perfect, (and this WILL come out so whiny that I cannot even stand it) I used to have a hard time containing my anger when I was younger, but damn, why can't people act a little civil? Look to sense instead of senseless? I guess that's human nature for ya.

The anonymity of the internet does not give you the right to act like a arsehole.

And this bothers me, usually I would ignore it but I've realized a link in a problem I've been having. I rarely try to seek out others, consider it to be a waste of time if people act so in a way that I'd rather avoid them.

I know this wont change...but at least I get this off my chest. Eeehhhh.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Lain-Otonashi Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
That, I do understand, actually. Though the difference in real life is different, unless the troll online is a person you know in real life. Either way; they don't matter. Just chew on this: If your instincts say you can't trust a certain person; you're probably right. Most people don't have good judgement in the first place. And that makes it easier to make friends.

I'm mostly introverted because of the way I think; almost misanthropic. And I don't have a huge amount of friends, but I choose them wisely.

That, and life is too short for bs. Just do what you do.
:iconsolidspy24:
SolidSpy24 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I've had to deal with some trolls just recently. It's terrible, especially when they do something you can't fix with no justification. I've had it happen to me multiple times throughout my life, and it happens to everyone. When I first got on the internet, it happened to me. It was on spriters resource, the most popular spriting website in the world. And When I got there to submit sprites, they made fun of them and told me I sucked I was in a world full of hurt. Just, the internet isn't a safe place to be, period. Even on the most friendly of websites like deviantart, there will be trolls, nomatter what.
Lain-Otonashi Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
I wouldn't worry about that. That's happened to me, too. I'm not great at everything. I'm glad I'm not, otherwise I'd be a 20-year-old-prick that is never satisfied by anything.

Really, nobody on the internet is this pristine specimen they try to portray online. And that's when my pity comes in-- and often irritation. They try so hard to make themselves-- or their cowardly guise, relevant.

Well, that's at least what I gather of them. Though, I'm glad the internet is not a complete cesspool. ;D
:iconsolidspy24:
SolidSpy24 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I understand, but it's when trolls do something BIG that really makes your life miserable when things get outta hand, it's like (dealing with trolls Expert Mode). The same things happen to me in real life. When I first tried to make friends in highschool, people just made fun of me, and i couldn't trust anyone because of it. Even when people did try to be nice to me i didn't trust them. Do you see what I mean?
:iconlahcat:
LahCat Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
they may seem to hurt each others, but maybe they're having fun, who knows?
you must relax for a while turn your computer off, turn the tv off, go outside to the fresh air and read your favorite book and you will go to another world, that always helps.. it even relaxes the eyes :)
:icondisappearing-inkwell:
Disappearing-Inkwell Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
the sad truth is 'people suck' and its pathetic that they have to attack you through a computer screen, but i guess you will just have to fight through the pain and find a good group of people that will treat you right.
Lain-Otonashi Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
If it's someone I don't even know. I don't even take it to heart, dust off the shoulder, you know? I mostly pity them, too. And it's sad, good people are hard to find.
good people are too hard to find,i don't know why people think just because they are online they can act like that to people.
Lain-Otonashi Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Yep, ain't that the truth. I'm lucky to know some pretty decent people in real life. Online seems mostly a waste half of the time, but I keep going because you can meet some people with some self respect. Immaturity mostly; that's about all I can sum up to that kind of person.

Wow, and my friends say I don't talk enough. :P
well i'm one, and apparently so are you, at least its good to know there are some good people here.
Add a Comment: