Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 55

Never had a boyfriend

:iconexplodingapple:
explodingapple Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist
Now, I'm not trying to attract attention or anything like that what-so-ever. So if you are not interested in what I have to say, then I highly encourage you to click on to some other happy place. :)

Okay, the thing is I've never had a boyfriend. I'm not sure what it is. I've never really been head over heels for a guy, and no guy has ever really been into me. I'm not sure what it is...maybe it's because I'm not that social? Is it that I'm too quiet? Is it that I'm not attractive enough? Because honestly, I don't consider myself that attractive. People have said out of the blue that I have the cutest face ever, but that's about it. I know people say that I have an entire lifetime to get a boyfriend, but I can still feel the emptiness. I feel like I'm missing out. I've never had a hand to hold, never had someone to kiss, or someone to cuddle with. I just want a nice relationship.

I just feel like this situation is acid, and it's eating away at the back of my confused mind. It has for a while now. Should I be more ambitious? More of a go-getter? Or should I just wait even more? If given the chance then I can be a really awesome person. Advice would be nice.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhiyoi:
hiyoi Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I'm 21 and never had a boyfriend, either. Never dated or held hands or been hit on or anything.
It would be wise not to worry too much about finding a boyfriend as that can eventually mutate into obsession and then you'll end up like me, dating your cat.
For now, focus on making friends and being the best you can be so when the right guy shows up, you'll be ready for one fabulous relationship, without any insecurities or anything that can weight it down.
Good luck.
:icondarkland8:
darkland8 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
totally understand how you feel. i was in your situation until the end of my freshman year of college when i did get a girlfriend. To be honest it's probably best if you dont worry to much about it and take your time, rushing into a relationship really isn't the way to go and to be honest great thing do come with time (so consider your single life an investment into a good future relationship ;D ). lol But no really just relax and be yourself. if this really worries you just go out and put yourself in a position to meet new people your age. Join school clubs, go to night clubs, take some sort of music/martial arts/art/dance/ext classes. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, yea you may ave a few bad experiences but it's better to do and to regret that to regret not doing.
:iconlowko:
lowko Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I read that as "I just feel like the solution is acid" and imagined tearing off a few squares and tripping for a weekend. FIXED.
:iconworldhero:
WorldHero Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Filmographer
I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 18 because I was the same way; I never had any crushes on any boys. But I managed to get my current and first one is because I wasn't looking for one. We just happened to run into each other on here and hit it off for several months by getting to know each other and the friendship we had was going so well, we decided to take it a bit further by dating. :shrug:

So just continue to be yourself, don't try to deliberately look for one, and just get acquainted with boys. :aww: Then after you know a couple of them (and you know they're available), try asking them out for lunch or some other casual friendly date, one that isn't too serious. The longer you get acquainted with them, the more they'll like you and you can try to ask them if they want to go a bit further with the relationship. :shrug:
:iconshellpresto:
shellpresto Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I didn't have a boyfriend until I was your age, and I didn't meet my to-be-husband until I was 25, so you're doing fine.

As a matter of fact, 18 is a really good age to finally start looking. You probably have some idea of what your life goals are (college, straight into the workforce, etc.), and a better idea of where that special someone would fit into them than if you had started earlier. Take a little extra care to look your best when you leave the house, make eye contact a lot and be friendly in general. It's ridiculously hard at first if you're shy, but it gets easier, especially when you realize that people are generally good-natured.

I met one of my best friends in college. I had no friends my senior year and was determined to make one (I made three, actually), so every day at lunch or dinner, I'd let the cafeteria line build up behind me, then I'd move backward in line, asking every person standing alone if they wanted company while they ate. I even did it when I ate outside the cafeteria, striking up conversations with people sitting alone near me in the chinese restaurant. It took me about 6 tries and 3 unpleasant/boring conversations, but I did make a great friend out of it.

Friends aside, though, I didn't meet my husband until I spent close to a year surfing match.com -- which is also really great if you're shy.
:iconmr-bananasham:
Mr-bananasham Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
got my first girlfriend this year... (I'm 19)
:iconartlover25:
ArtLover25 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I wouldn't worry.
I didn't start dating anyone until I was in college, where you will meet a lot more people, btw. :) And these were not overly serious. I was just meeting people and testing the waters, so to say.

It wasn't until I was 25 when I met my boyfriend who is the only person I have been and still am serious about. Plus, I met him out of the blue, and hadn't been looking for a relationship at the time. Funny how things work out.

But in all honesty, I wouldn't worry. Just get out there and start meeting people until you find the right one. Good luck!
:iconunreasonablereasons:
UnreasonableReasons Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You're still young, I won't worry too much about it. I have a friend in her mid-20's - super cute, very smart, wonderful sense of humor, and has never had a boyfriend. She's very studious and just hasn't had the time for it. You're not weird or abnormal for having not yet experienced a relationship. It just all comes with time. I know it's difficult to do, but I really wouldn't advise going and actively looking for something. If you get with someone just for the sake of being with them, you're far less likely to be really happy.
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional General Artist
I do think the best advice I can give you is remind you that a relationship takes two. A relationship begins with the initiation of one, which also obviously enough takes two. It's extremely unlikely you're going to come across anyone by just sitting alone quietly in the corner: it indeed is cliche for the guys to go after the girls, but as we should all know, cliches suck.

In other words, you need to be active too to get a guy.
:iconcreativeartisit:
Creativeartisit Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Hey man you're still young, you have plenty of time to find a man, I'm sure you'll find a guy that will love you for who you are, never say never. :D
Add a Comment: