Paranoia problems

Is it normal to so really freaked out when walking around your house at night? Like to the point where you are running in and of rooms in the fear that something is going to right out murder you. I have these problems every night and I almost can't leave my room when it's dark. I've never been this paranoid before and I live with like eight other people. So, It's not like I'm alone but I just feel like something in my house will just straight up kill me. (Doesn't help I been having dreams where I almost died in twice.)

I'm starting to think it's my house or other issue relating to stress(living with my pig of a sister and her two piglets and now a baby(her's as well).... And her boyfriend...) but I'm not a 100% sure...
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
NO, I don't think it's bad or anything. I go through the same problem. I can't walk past mirrors in the dark. I can't be in a totally dark hallway or house. I can't look at any kind of reflection at night. So, I think it's pretty much normal.it's not really a paranoia. And the nightmares could be a subconscious manifestation of an underlying fear, or just your imagination at work. I suffered through the same nightmare ever since I was in middle school. It got to be so bad to where I would have it every night. It's died down quite a bit, but it still visits me every once in a while.

So don't worry about it. It seems pretty normal to me. :nod:
Thanks for the comment but I pretty much figured out things. :)

Mirrors are the blame of existence. lol
Hey don't worry, it's just an over-active imagination. I'm the same, soon as I step out into the dark I suddenly imagine some creepy-ass figure standing in a doorway. You just have to remember it isn't real! :)
It could be stress, or the fact that you've been having bad dreams lately. Could be both. But my guess is stress, since I've been through the same thing on several occasions, and I know that feeling all too well. Maybe you need to see a therapist about it? It helped me alot, maybe it would help you as well.
A therapist wouldn't help, cause I know where the stress is coming from but I have no way of relieve it at moment. (i.e living with my sister is stressful but I can't doing anything about..)
I've lived with my sister as well. It sucked balls. (She has seven kids... at the time she had five... it was a nightmare.) Thank Heavens I don't live there anymore. :la:
Maybe you could talk to your sister about it? Maybe come with a solution together and work it out? :)
She can't moved out at the moment due to work and talking to about anything will cause me and her to bump heads with me. Thanks for the advise but I'll deal with it. :)
you might be a little overly paranoid at this time. I have had really bad bouts of paranoia, usually with thinking I'm sick, lol.
It's does usually have to do with something like stress, or maybe something that happened recently, even if it didn't happen to you, but someone you may know, it can have an affect on you. That happened to me last year with something very bad happening to one of my roommates. She didn't really deal with it as she should have, kind of blocked it out, but I had some major panic attacks over it just because it happened to someone I knew.

Maybe the stress of dealing with so many people around you, or something else happening in your life is bringing something up and making you paranoid. I'd suggest maybe talking it out with a close friend or even a Councillor if you think that may help. If you don't want that, maybe just try to calm yourself or come up with something that will occupy your time so you don't focus on it. Sometimes if I have a nightmare or I have trouble sleeping I think of one of the stories I'm working on and try to flesh it out and go through it and that usually helps me. :)
Thanks, I would talk it out with my family but the thing that's causing my stress is something I can't remedy at the moment.
ahhh, well I hope the thing doesn't last too long for you :hug:
I feel the same way//
Except I live with just my mum and dad. I just get extremely paranoid haha. When me and my friend were getting off the streetcar I thought an icicle would hit me in the head. I made her make up a safety plan :P
Well, it's nice to know other people share my problems XD;;;
I guess x'D
But to feel a little more comfortable I listen to commentaries, podcasts and music. Makes me feel like somebody is talking to me OTL
Well, if it was ME I'd burn some sage, do a cleansing, and see what happens.

But paranoia can be a response to stress. You're keyed up with no real reason to be, so your body assumes you need to be scared and super vigilant, then that feeds on itself.
Hmm. that could be so.
I don't think my house is tainted or haunted though. My sister's dog is pretty calm and stuff.

Well, if it is stress. I guess I'll have to deal with it or find a way to vent ' 3';;
I don't fear walking around my house at night.
I fear walking out on the streets at night though.

But when I go tp Japan to stay at my grandparents house (they are already dead)
I do fear walking out in the dark corridor when I'm going to the toilet, bathroom, or upstairs.
It's soo quiet compared to the living room where my family watches tv.

Plus I'm paranoid about the window in the bathroom...while I'm washing myself I always fear that someone will press their face against the window...:fear:
So I am always hesitant to close my eyes for a second lol

But that's just how I am :shrug:

Hey, I once had a nightmare that my dad killed my whole family.
And the next night was the same nightmare....
I've been paranoid about alot of things in my life but it's just kinda gotten bad as of late.

That's some dream btw...;;
Lol the dream does represent my fears

Maybe you should look up how to not become paranoid....or something? :shrug: