Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

I like him, but...

:iconsanitybendingturtle:
sanitybendingturtle Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
There's this guy I know that really seems to be into me. He lives just an hour away from me, and almost every night he calls me on Skype, and we fall asleep together on cam. The problem is, he's said more than once that he's a girl magnet and they just flock to him. I really don't know why he feels the need to say that...I mean, he's really confident, which highly intimidates and sometimes annoys me in a guy. And I do know why that is. I really have no confidence myself. And wouldn't you know that he prefers girls with confidence. I'm sorry to say that I've never, ever really had that. Everyone has always been better than me, I've felt. I've never accomplished anything great, and I give up easily. I can't help it. I know I have depression, but right now there's really nothing I can do about it.

And yes, I know what you're going to say. Don't rush into a relationship, or saying you love him, especially when you're depressed. I know that, I'm not. And he isn't either. I'm just afraid and confused. I've seen some of the girls he follows (no I'm not stalking, it was one of the first things that was on the page) and they're SO much prettier than me. I know looks aren't everything, but come on...if you have a bunch of pretty girls after you, why settle for someone like ME? I hate my hair, my chest, my butt...all of it. So that leads me to the problem of if we were dating, because girls apparently hit on him all the time, if someone came up and flirted, because people just have no regard for that now. I have the feeling that he wouldn't tell them to go away, that he'd just flirt right back. Thing is, I wouldn't blame him. Why wouldn't he, if he was tied down with someone like me? He wants me to be open with him, even now when we're just friends. But I feel like if I say all this, he'll just get annoyed. He says that he likes me a lot...I just don't get why. And I'm scared to open my heart again. I've gone through this before, with someone who was DEFINITELY a flirt even in our relationship, to the point where he said he wanted to be a Playboy. He wasn't even JOKING. I know I need to get my confidence up and all that, if that's at all possible, considering I've been trying my whole life and failed. But some thoughts about what to do or what he may be thinking would be helpful. Thank you.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If he is really interested in you, then he must see something in you that you don't. I mean hell, I used to believe any guy who would want to date me must have been crazy because I didn't consider myself attractive. Even now, I'd rate myself as decent strictly by looks, but not exactly supermodel material. If he is serious about keeping a relationship with you if you guys start dating, then he'll make sure the girls are made aware he's taken. Just because he's popular doesn't mean he'll become a playboy.
All I can say is don't try to let on how bad you feel about yourself, or it can become very off-putting. Try to find positive things that you like about yourself and focus on those.
:iconshadowstone13:
ShadowStone13 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Have you tried asking him what his impression of your relationship? This is a question that is safe to ask usually, as it is an important one for people who are just friends and more.

Don't fixate on looks much. Trust me, when you get to know someone, appearance takes a back seat. Most people, once they get to a certain mental age, understand that it doesn't matter how pretty they are, if you can't stand their company, your relationship is doomed. And it certainly sounds like he doesn't hate your company :)

I also completely understand how you feel. It's scary. You are worried you aren't good enough, maybe are totally misreading the situation... The scariest part (at least for me) is being scared you'll lose the friendship you have with him if you tell him how you feel.

Sit down, have a heart-to-heart with him. He sounds like he'd be understanding enough to hear how you feel and not get too freaked out.

Good luck!!
:iconsanitybendingturtle:
sanitybendingturtle Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
:) Yes, that's exactly it...no matter what, I'd like to still have him as a friend. It is very scary. And he is very understanding, he's helped me through things several times before...I will try talking to him. Thank you so much :huggle: I feel some better now ^^
:iconshadowstone13:
ShadowStone13 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
^_^ good luck, girl!
If you need any support, you have a virtual cheering squad of one right here!
Add a Comment: