Tell me how to survive the next three days? My family is toxic.

They're all miserable and it's obvious to everyone but them. All they ever talk about is food and exercise. They're always stressed and micromanaging everyone else's lives.

I was okay before this. On a higher dose of cipralex now, biking in the gym, two jobs starting in a couple weeks, third year of university. Sure it fucking SUCKS that me and my boyfriend of over a year just broke up and I don't have much support from my friends, but between the hard moments I was happy to have the solo time.

Now I'm in Florida with my family and already I can't stand them.

I don't care what the fuck my mother says about it coming from love, it's not okay for my stepdad to stop me in the middle of my workout and tell me I need to lose thirty pounds. And then, when I tell him I don't care, I'm happy with my body and just trying to control my cholesterol (80% genetics) keep ramming his "wisdom" down my throat.

Don't care that he just lost 30 pounds himself, he still has thirty more to lose. Officially sick of the bullshit. Every six months it's something new. Oh, well bread is the enemy. Oh well, sugar is the enemy - have splenda instead. Actually splenda and margarine are bad for you. Oh, the elliptical is awful, you should be running. Oh, too much cardio is bad, you should be doing weights.

Oh my god make it fucking stop. They're always happy with their bodies one minute and the next time I see them they're complaining and on a new exercise and diet regimen.

And don't get me started on my sister. Anorexic for years, and now she controls her weight by exercising to the point that it's all I hear about her.

Ummm... don't get me wrong, glad you're in mega shape and all, but you're still complaining about your body and just as unhappy. Cut the crap and the fucking denial. This is still unhealthy. And my parents are being idiots about it.

Let them do whatever they want, but it's my vacation and I just want to be left the fuck alone. And none of this just give them a chance crap. Because I fucking tried talking to my mom for an entire afternoon and all she did was complain about inane things and judge other people all day. I wanted to throw up.

They're all so perpetually miserable and in denial and they're sucking me down with them... Again.

Help. What the fuck do I do?
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have similar problems.

If I were you, I'd have a snack available, and whenever someone commented on my weight or unhealthyness, I'd unwrap and eat it in front of them with a moan of pleasure, and a daring gleam in my eyes...

I hate it when people are so........ captured in their own world that they can't give another being their whole attention...... It makes me sick, and sad, and angry.

Keep it up, try to suck yourself in into a world of your own with things that amuse and relaxes you.

Good luck with the cipralex! It really helped me, and I hope it will help you :)
read up on some ridiculous superstitious nonsense pseudo-health stuff. Then, whenever a family member talks to you about health, give them huge run-on sentences explaining how some ridiculous pseudo-health stuff will help you.

I don't know if homeopathy is ridiculous, but lets just say it is and use that as an example.

Family member: You need to lose 20 pounds this month.

You: I'm drinking water with oil of ecithnia! the proper homeopathic mixture to reduce all of my health problems in one go, and it's proven to work, there's evidence, they did a study in zimbabwe, for real! also I'm rubbing coconut milk on my ears every night! that will change the vibrations of my third chakra and I will drop pounds in my sleep literally! deepak chopra said so!

etc.

give them enough nonsense of this sort, and hopefully, they will soon conclude that you are a completely hopeless cause and give up on advising you.
In the future, bring fake work that you have to get done. Make sure it looks good.
Find excuses to leave the house. Go on walks, go sightseeing, hang out with friends, etc.
Alcohol and Xanax. Not at the same time
Wow! Talk about health freaks How about your friends? Is there anyone you could go on vacation with apart from your parents?You could also go alone and just lay back and rest.You need some.Also, have you considered moving out? You would be less stressed without the constant health trivia flying around.

I thought elliptical is good. :O
I already spend most of the year in residence. But it's too expensive for me the rest of the time...

I only came here because I feel too guilty not spending any time at all with them. The rest of my family is equally bad with the guilt-tripping :P
Well then spend some time with your friends!!