Lonely..

I get really lonely and depressed sometimes. I have no one to talk to. My life seems meaningless sometimes.
someone tell me something. Anything.
Spam this thread if you want. I would be flattered if you spammed this thread.
Comments35
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm homeless, jobless, was forced out of education for the sake of being able to BE THERE for the people I loved most, and when it was their turn to be there for ME, they abandoned me. I also run a rooster rescue, and have PROVEN that roosters CAN live in peace together, even in the presence of hens ( had twenty-two roosters, four hens, a quail, and a turkey at one point ), and even fighting cocks can be rehabilitated. Because I refuse to give up my chickens, I can't find a place to live. Because I've been out of work so long, and my previous work experience is as a Certified Veterinary Assistant, I can not find work either in my field ( because of such a long time since my last job ), and because any other field thinks I'm overqualified and would jump ship them moment a better offer came along. I was granted a 14,000$ scholarship by the state, which was then taken away because the "state government couldn't afford it", thus forced out of higher education.

And yet, I really, honestly, can't say that things are all that bad. I'm pretty lonely most of the time, but I can't say that I'm not happy with the way my life is right now, either.
I'm sorry you feel this way. :( It is hard to be lonely.

These folks would be glad to talk to you. They specialize in talking to people who feel down in the dumps. Give them an e-mail: [link]

So....if you want to talk, tell me about yourself. What part of the world are you from? Where are you living now? Any place you call home? What is your age range? Any pets (they help with loneliness!!!)?
Any cultural practices that shape your life? Religious/spiritual convictions?
What about your hobbies? What drew you to DA?

Me, I'm a 20-something female living in the Eastern US. I enjoy drawing, writing, reading, singing, cats, The Piano Guys, babies, language, and my family. I'm have one more semester in my Registered Nurse program and would like to become a nurse midwife eventually. I grew up in a Mennonite (Anabaptist) church and am now an active member of that church. It's a Christian denomination, so I believe that Jesus is everything! :)

Do keep plugging on. I hope you can find people that will offer you open, intimate friendship and help you rise above the worst of your isolation. We are creatures who need each other.

I'll say a prayer for you tonight. :)
hey man if you have steam i would be happy to chat you you, just send me a note and ill add you. Im on there alot so i can talk whenever you want.
thanks for the offer but I have no idea what steam is.
Hello, I'd be happy to talk to you. I understand how can get lonely. Please, feel free to note me, can talk here or instant message. Doesn't matter. :hug:
Go out and try to meet people if that's how you feel.
It seems as if everyone online is super miserable :<

I need to find a way to hug everyone
Go to a bar

Meet people
not being lonely is not the ability to speak, its the possibility of being understood.
People are overrated. It’s quality, not quantity. Go out and develop a few quality relationships. Do not expect relationships to just occur naturally and effortlessly. This is not the case for everyone. Especially if you don’t have access to a multitude of social opportunities like work, school, church etc.
I'd love to chat with You ^^

Here or notes? <3
Here would probably take up too much space. Notes are probably better.
.... Well, talk to me then. I tend to be like that too... XDDD
Anything on your mind? I'll listen~~ ^^

Just try to find something you want to do... Even if it's difficutl to start. Just do it. It will help~~
I'm a pretty uninteresting guy. Not very good at making conversation

Right now I'm trying to distract myself so I can forget all these bad memories that I keep remembering.
I'm actually a listener. I tend to listen to people talking... Haha...
I just don't think my life is interesting to share something about it. ^^;

It's difficult to forget. I know that. I'm thinking a lot about bad things too and I hate that I do it.
Maybe try to do something different. The best way to forget something is to "overwirte" it. Whern I feel like that I'll meet friends and listen to them. Or I draw something. Or I listen to music or watch TV. It helps me... Haha...
OK I'll try that. Thanks.

um..... well I'm 25 years old, I'm from Australia, but I don't have an australian accent... Maybe because I watch mostly hollywood films. I grew up at home, went to school, then finished school, then went into hibernation for a little while,and now I'm typing this.... and that's about it....................oh, and I saw a blue car the other day! XD

That was bad wasn't it? Sounds like I'm applying for a dating site :(
... XDDD "I like long walks at the beach." You forgot this... XDD
Na, it's okay.
Type away... Haha~~

Australia? That's funny cause I'm from Austria.
Ooohhh~~ Do you sometimes hear a woman talking in German? That's my mum on the phone. She uses to yell when she's using the phone... Very loud. Very. Very loud. I'm sure you can hear her sometimes.

No accent? Ooohhh~~
That is actually good for me. Sometimes understanding different accents in English is hard. WOW! ^^
So yay for you~~
Sometimes people confuse Australia with Austria XD

So your mum is German? Does that mean you are originally from Germany?

I find it hard to understand myself sometimes!
I speak two languages. English and bad english XD
... I once had a letter that went all the way to Australia and finally arrived here in Austria... XDDD
I thought it was lost... Haha...

We talk German (or something like it... XD) in Austria... Haha~~

Then I spak two languages too... Since we have a very strong dialect here. German and... gibberish, I guess. *lol* (oh, and English... So make it three - although my English sometimes does suck *lol*).
View all replies
Go volunteer somewhere. Take on the 28 good deeds challenge. Go to a bar and buy a round of drinks. Get another job.
Take up a new hobby. You'll probably meet some new people, and if not, the novelty of the new thing will occupy your mind anyhow so that you feel less lonely. You're probably stuck in a routine that you find to be stale and unfulfilling.
You'll get used to it, I did. Took a couple years though.
you want to talk to someone, then lets talk about... i dont know, how old are you, what do you like to do and stuff like that. ( we send comments one to another and i still dont know much about you )
i like listening to music, i like to draw, i like my family, my friends, like to play games. ( multiplayer is fun, thats why i wanted your fc. ) i like to travel and take photos of the places i go to.
im 15 years old.
now is your turn!