i just got my first tablet wacom, and so forth
and just my luck
my design laptop caught a virus
anybody now of any good free anti virus software
i can download with out all the bull shit attached
to it.
please and thank you
-Chimera

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsniper115a3:
Sniper115A3 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012   Digital Artist
Download and install this Operating System [link] Its fast, stable, 100% free and immune to all Windows viruses :)
:iconcrazie-girl:
Crazie-Girl Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
I use AVG, and Zone alarm (firewall?)
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
The best website I have ever found for this purpose is majorgeeks.com . they list everything you need to know. it takes some time to read all the information but it's definitely worth it

[link]
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Avast
:icontheaatherea:
TheaAtherea Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   General Artist
My boyfriend and I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I always used AVG before I met him, but I take his word for it because he's got a degree Computer Information Systems and works the IT department at a bank. :giggle: MSE has worked beautifully for me. Never had any problems.
:icontsu076:
Tsu076 Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
In my humble opinion, I like Avira the most, except for the pesky odd pop up they use to keep their revenue coming in. But there's a way around that too. I recommend giving it a shot:

[link]
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Once you get the virus removed, I recommend using a secure web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome with some add-ons like AdBlock and NoScript (or ScriptNo if using Chrome).

How did you get the virus? Just curious.
:iconalexis-oma:
Alexis-OMA Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   General Artist
our norton expired a couple of months ago, and me and my gf just procastinated with getting some more, lol
so it is my fault this happend.
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There are some people out there who don't use AV on their Windows PC for years and they're still fine.
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Keep in mind that no Anti-Virus software has ever been 100% perfect. Some would argue that common sense is the best way to keep you and your PC safe. There are some peo
:iconmissroxylalonde:
missroxylalonde Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i just got microsoft security essentials because my norton was acting up and so far it has been working very nicely 10/10 would recommend

[link]
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist
I'd second this. MS Security Essentials is pretty good software.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Not help with life
:iconfireflyinnocence:
fireflyinnocence Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It could be if their life depended upon their computer not having a virus xD
:iconcharityk:
CharityK Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
get a mac.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student General Artist
It cost too much, sis.
CharityK Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
so does having to get new anti-virus software and a new computer every 6 months or so. Ive had the same computer for 8 years and it works like its new. Never have had a virus...never have had any problems at all actually. I saved up my money for a little longer maybe than I would've had to if I bought a shitty computer from Best Buy but it was worth it and paid for itself rather quickly because of the lack of repairs I had to do.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
And sadly the luxury to buy more expensive, quality goods that save money in the long run is usually a luxury of the well-off, and not the poor who could stand to benefit the most from purchasing quality goods. That's why the poor stay poor and the rich get richer. The rich can afford to invest, and the poor have to buy whatever shit products they can afford.
CharityK Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
so basically youre saying that I must be rich because I have a mac? thats ridiculous. Im just saying in MY experience I have gotten a lot more out of it than other computers and I have owned ALL sorts. It is absolute ignorance to assume that I am "well-off" because I worked my ass off, saved my money, and bought something that will last.
CharityK Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
so basically youre saying that I must be rich because I have a mac? thats ridiculous. Im just saying in MY experience I have gotten a lot more out of it than other computers and I have owned ALL sorts. It is absolute ignorance to assume that I am "well-off" because I worked my ass off, saved my money, and bought something that will last.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
"Well-off" enough to afford a Mac. Some people have to struggle to save up for a $400 PC, and if it takes them 4 months to get that far then putting off the purchase of a $1700 system for a year and a half might be out of the question if they're computerless in the meanwhile.

I congratulate you on the effort you put into saving for your Mac, and on obtaining a job that provided the hourly wage coefficient that enabled you to be able to work hard and earn it after saving X% of Y number of paychecks in order to afford your Mac after Z number of weeks. The OP's math might work out differently, however.
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a 2005 Dell Notebook and it still works fine.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student General Artist
Then, you been buying the wrong PCs. My PCs lasted over 7 years and asides, there are free top-notch security suites for Windows while Linux is regarded as secure and free.
:iconshobonimaster:
shobonimaster Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
AVG free is awesome, I've never had a problem with it, and never had a virus it couldn't kill:

[link]
:iconshininginthedarkness:
I use Avast! and Spybot Search&Destroy. Avast! has a free version, and Spybot is totally free

[link] [link]

However, please be careful, if I remember correctly, Spybot has one of those tricky download pages that tries to trick you into downloading something else instead. Make sure whatever you're installing is actually Spybot. The program itself is excellent and doesn't bug you to buy anything or install extra stuff.
Avast will occasionally ask you to upgrade, but this is easy to ignore.

Also make sure you have the Adblock plugin installed on whatever browser you use.
:iconalexis-oma:
Alexis-OMA Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   General Artist
Okay coo.thank you all for the advice, let the downloading and trial and error begin.
lol
Add a Comment: