Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

how to move on from mind games?

:iconlollipopsocks:
lollipopsocks Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist
I've vented to my friends about some of this stuff, and I sorted things out with him (him being guy I was in a 6 month relationship with). I feel like there is closure with the dress I mentioned in an earlier thread and things have been decided upon; the very last phone conversation we had started with a weird edge to it but ended nicely. He's not trying to get back together with him now that he's with someone else. Neither of us feels we should see each other again, and I am a bit more at peace.

The thoughts that linger though is: Given what I know of his capacity for mind games and his crossing certain personal boundaries, I feel a bit of a baser emotion regarding how others feel about him. I kinda thought 'should keep that dirty laundry away from sight' but I am a little upset at the idea that there are people who have not a clue as to how weird he behaved with me.

He's someone who is perfectly fine with exposing others' flaws; should I get all retributive and do the same? Or just stick with cutting him and his immediate circle out and moving to a completely separate life? (am going overseas anyway)

Devious Comments

:iconmachinesbleedtoo:
MachinesBleedToo Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Who gives a fuck, what you say about him to other people is only going to make you seem like the bad guy (and really- what people behave like to each person depends on their interactions alone so it'd be selfish and vindictive too.) It's none of their business, and they'll find out in time and make their own decisions if he is a total ahole to them. Like everyone else has said move on. Cut contact and forget about it, not worth the drama dude. :/

And you don't really have grounds for legal action because you keep baiting his harassment by talking to him.
lollipopsocks Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist
Have severed. Am moving on.
:iconmachinesbleedtoo:
MachinesBleedToo Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
:highfive: <3
lollipopsocks Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist
:D
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Move on, that's the only way to get closure.
lollipopsocks Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist
Thanks dude
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Given what I know of his capacity for mind games and his crossing certain personal boundaries, I feel a bit of a baser emotion regarding how others feel about him. I kinda thought 'should keep that dirty laundry away from sight' but I am a little upset at the idea that there are people who have not a clue as to how weird he behaved with me

I know a person or two like that. It's very, very frustrating when the rest of the world thinks the sun shines out of a person's ass and you're apparently the only one who has seen through their bullshit to the disgusting person they really are underneath the phony exterior.

He's someone who is perfectly fine with exposing others' flaws; should I get all retributive and do the same? Or just stick with cutting him and his immediate circle out and moving to a completely separate life? (am going overseas anyway)

The latter. I saw a quote the other day that said, "The best revenge is being perfectly happy and having a great life without them." Especially since you're moving overseas, so there's little opportunity for him to continue to screw with your life (a luxury I don't have in my own predicament, unfortunately).

Forget him and be happy overseas. If you're not happy, fake it. Unsubscribe to his statuses on Facebook but don't remove him as a friend, so that you don't have to be reminded of his bullshit but he can see how happy you are without him.
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
oh i thought you defended the idea that women should be able to dress up in a sexy way that emphasizes their best physical qualities to attract men and that somehow had nothing to do with how the men should judge those womens personalities? why the sudden 180c turn?
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
What in the hell are you talking about?
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
;)
Add a Comment: