LA tips!

Hey, guys! I'm going on a trip to LA for 3 months with my boyfriend and I was wondering if anyone knew of any place to stay? We didn't want to lock down a rental place until we saw it in case it wasn't as good as advertised, but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear! We're coming to LA the 28th of December.

AND if you have any suggestions of fun things to do I would gladly hear them too :D

Thank you :)
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would stay in *drumroll* a hotel! It's a very big town, but I wouldn't get something too close to the heart of the city, or Hollywood either. It's very close to new years, and gets REALLY crazy. So I'd accept a rental car and make the drive to wherever your destination is.. cause until after new years, most hotels in the downtown area are going to be booked absolutely solid.
I followed your advice for new years and stayed in Studio City, but now I've found an apartment in Hollywood! Actually nice and quiet in this particular street.

Thanks for the tip! :)
Yay! I feel useful! :D Glad you found a nice neighborhood!
Go see Primus at the Wiltern like I wish I could do! :dummy:

Uh, my only suggestion is to not drink the tap water. It'll most likely give you really bad diarrhea. ;)
Don't know what Primus is, but I'll check it out!

Haha, ok, will stay away from the tap water. I'm already spoiled with norwegian fresh tap water,so I probably won't like it anyway XD

Thanks for the tips! :D
Haha, Primus is my favorite band and they played at the Wiltern on the 28th I think.

Anyway, have fun! Even though I personally think LA is pretty scummy and an overall shithole, I used to absolutely love travelling down to Orange County and hitting the beaches. If you can, I'd suggest checking out Santa Monica, Newport, Santa Barbara...I could go on... *sigh* I miss living in CA. :(
Haha, yeah I've heard people say that, but since I'm foreign LA is nothing but magical to me!!! But maybe after a few months..hehe.

Cool, that sounds really nice! I definately want to do that :D I'm loving the temperature over here, where beach days in winter isn't just crazy haha. And thanks again!
Haha no problem, have fun!