Details

Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Feel guilty....

:iconforestlyric:
During the process of recovering from abusive family and mental depression,I find that i m losing the sense as a woman,or the ying energy.Some books say we all have yin and yang inside us, it is a balance....
in dream i feel i m balanced and i m happy in a dream land,
but when i wake up i dont feel comfortable with myself,
i feel guilty as a woman and dont have much connection with myself, feel alien with my body and whole.
I used to like pretty things such as clothing fashions and cosmetics, but now i lose those sense and taste, and no interests for them....
I want to get back the awareness and confidence as a female and i want to adore myself again and i want to like fashions again ....
i m not 80 years old lady, i need to come back to life.
Has anyone gone thru same experiences and overcomed this successfully? any advices?
Thanks a lot....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcharityk:
CharityK Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
It has nothing to do with ying and yang...well, maybe it might, I don't really know but what you're feeling is definitely a result of depression which scientifically is a physical ailment where the side-effects are emotional. I know because Ive experienced it for years along with literally BILLIONS of other people. Its something that most people on earth have or will experience at least a few times in their life. Its also extremely hereditary. Depression, especially bouts of it when the person has never experienced it before is very easy to treat, prevent, or simply just to live with depending on how extreme the case may be... even if you're not into medication like me. I know this sounds tacky but google "Atypical Depression" as well as "treating Atypical Depression". Hope it helps!
:iconpetrova:
petrova Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist
I think you need to talk to a therapist.

And about losing what you see as female doesn't need to be a problem if you don't feel it really is. There are so much more to being a woman than fashion, being pretty and make up - those are just stereotypical things. We're all human beings and unique in our own way, it's been said that there are more differences within a gender than between the two (biological) genders.

Start thinking and finding out what you like to do no matter what gender its related to. Just try to do things you like doing, that makes you smile or never want to stop. If that's bungy jumping, fixing cars, cutting people's hair or styling yourself, writing, acting etc. that's all up to you.

It doesn't always need to be a balance between yin and yang, sometimes we need more of one of them in our lives. That is also discussed in feng shui :aww:

Snatched from my own notes from a feng shui class:
You need balance between yin and yang. During different times of our
lives we need more of one of them, for example: we need more of the
maternal and caring Yin when we're not feeling well.

• Yang: angular, bright, straight, masculine energy, loud, extrovert and tall.
  • Yin: soft, round, feminine energy, enveloping, dark and warm.

Best of luck :hug:
Thank u for the advice,i will try to find things that i like and enjoy to do...so far they r hiding in some secret places it seems ,mostly in dreams...
:iconpetrova:
petrova Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist
Then write down your dreams? Have a pad next to your bed and write it down immediately.
If you don't know what you like then try some different things and then you might find things you like :nod:
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
find a way to transport your dream you into real life through meditation and lucid dreaming. Making yourself look good with fashion and new clothes will also help you with your self-respect. good luck and i pray for your recovery.
Is lucid dreaming similar as self-hypnosis?
I really feel my dream so creative and lightening..
I will try...
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
whatever helps.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Dec 25, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Go talk to a doctor. Those are classic signs of depression. You either need to start or switch meds.

If you don't want to do that, then find some anti-depressant herbal supplements you want to take.
I have done that before when i was very serious...
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Dec 26, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
And you don't anymore?
Add a Comment: