Details

Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Heat Protectant Spray??? O_O

:iconkpop-44:
I have a John Frieda heat protectant spray called "FRIZZ-EASE - Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray | Nourishes + Straightens Hair | For straight styles". The instructions say to spray on damp hair then blow dry straight. Do I need to re-spray it before I straighten my hair with hair straightener? Can I also use this spray when using a curling iron or not? :? (Sorry if this question seems a little stupid, I have no idea about this kind of stuff :|)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Dec 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Heat-protectors are generally for use with blow-dryers, flat irons, curling irons, and any other device that applies heat directly to your hair.

I reapply before using any heat device.

But I find that creamy "blow-dry straighteners" work better for actually helping to straighten the hair while blow drying than a spray, but my hair is naturally wavy/curly and very frizzy so it needs a lot of help getting straight.
I see. Thanks! :)
:icondutchconnaisseur:
Are best scientists are working on your question. We will get back to you as soon as we have an answer.
In the meantime, DON'T press that big red button.
:iconendeavor-to-freefall:
It's not going to burst into flames or anything like that but unless it's designed for hot styling it could potentially damage your hair, nothing noticeable short term but I wouldn't do it every day.
:iconfreakylaurent:
FreakyLaurent Dec 24, 2012  Professional Photographer
On HWL ?

Over a mere hairspray?

What is this . . .

Ann Landers??

F-cked up !
Last time I put this kind of topic in the General forum, it got moved to here and they told me to just post these kind of topics on HWL next time :)
:iconrockygemscarly:
RockyGemsCarly Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
I use that all the time! What I prefer doing is letting my hair dry naturally overnight and straightening it first thing in the morning. I spray it on just before I straighten.
Thanks! :) I just wasn't sure whether to spray it on right before I straightened my hair because it makes a sizzling sound...Is that supposed to happen? :XD:
:iconrockygemscarly:
RockyGemsCarly Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Yeah, that almost always happens. It's just the excess liquid evaporating, not your hair cooking :XD:
Ah phew! Thanks a lot! I feel much more reassured now :)
Add a Comment: