December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Recovery - A board game for Schizophrenia

:iconnagi-as:
nagi-as Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I've recently posted my first experimental game "Recovery" [link]
The idea behind the game is to attempt to educate/ clarify facts about Schizophrenia, one of the most misunderstood problems. I thought this forum might be a good place to post it.

The ideas behind making the game this simple were:
1. It should be easy to play.
2. It should be easy to share.
3. It should be able to educate.

Over the past year I made a variety of designs that could really explain the problem that people with Schizophrenia face. One of the older designs that is my favorite involved player as an observer writing a fictional dairy about their experience of living with a person whose condition was deteriorating. The possibility that people do not like to write in todays time canned that idea. It was the closest I reached to the possibility of making someone understand Schizophrenia the clearest.

I want DA community's help in spreading this game. I hope DA mod's will help also. Its free and anyone can take a print out and play it. Rules are also there in a seperate hi res submission and players are free to add more rules if they feel like. I would to hear your feedback as I intend to dedicate my free time in making more games like these. Im making an advanced version of this game and any feedback I get on Recovery will help me.

Thank you

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: If you'd like to share your work, please use the Thumbshare forum. :) (The Projects forum is for collaboration-type things.)

I'd recommend sending this by mental health groups on the site. You can search for those on the +Groups page.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Photographer
This will probably get moved to projects...
Add a Comment: