Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Once we were friends then HE came along

:iconsedonaandlilly:
sedonaandlilly Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Artisan Crafter
I have been friends with her about ten years and recently whenever a guy comes into the picture I'm third priotrity, first her boyfriend, then her other friends, and then me who she's know for years and won't even talk to anymore. I gave her a gift for Christmas and at the same time she's talking with her boyfriend, I hand it to her she looks at it and hardly looks at me and says "Oh thanks" doesn't hug me like she use to doesn't show any enthusasm at all. I really like her boyfriend (As in he's a nice guy) I have hated her past boyfriends and this one I can be sure won't hurt her like others did. But at the same time, I kind of want them to break up, I just want to spend time with her, even if its just a little. I know that's selfish, but I'm just tired of being ignored by one of my best friends.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Maybe your friend finds you smothering and doesn't really want to be as close to you as you want to be to her. She would probably find your constant need for attention to be a bit annoying in that case, much like how you would feel about a guy who has a crush on you but you're not interested at all, and he doesn't seem to get the hint and thinks you're friends.

Find other friends. Find friends who appreciate you. It's not her fault; it's natural to change and to find the company of different people to be more pleasing and fulfilling than the company of those you preferred when you were younger. Keep her as an acquaintance—wish her well on the holidays, meet up when you're in town, etc.—but don't buy her gifts every year and insist on spending all your time together. Find other people to spend your time with.
sedonaandlilly Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Artisan Crafter
I have know her and been friends with her for about ten years, now getting her to say hi to me is a challange. Thank you for the advice
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
As others have said, ditch them and find better friends.
:iconlokifan20:
lokifan20 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
all u gotta do is find a better friend who wont treat you like that :) i had an ex friend who did that to me and everyone else :) but theres always times to move on and find a better friend who will give u attention as well :)
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
find better friends
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Well you cannot always be someone's first priority. You'll find that many people will place their significant others before their friends and you'll see less of them than when they were single. Find other people to hang out with.
:iconfighterxaos:
fighterxaos Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Writer
Well, I don't know you so I'll try not to sound like I have all the answers, which I don't. I had a similar personal experience where a friend of mine became more distant after hanging out with different people. It seemed pretty obvious I was no longer someone they think aboit after a few months. Which sucked because we were really close for years before then. I made new friends that actually care about me and I moved on, it wasn't easy but the friends that cared made it bearable.

You definitely care about her and your other friends and don't want to just leave them, I get that. So here's a bit of advice, take it id you wish. Open your mouth and speak up. You still consider her friends so let her know how you feel, the moment you have the chance let them or her know you have something to say. Give it a shot if you feel it's a friendship still worth having. People can't read thoughts or just know what you want, you want people to know what you're feeling, let them know. Either you learn they do still consider you a friend and that she just feels like she should have more time for her boyfriend and herself or if you need to find some people who do care about you.
sedonaandlilly Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Artisan Crafter
Thank you. Thank you all and Merry Christmas
:iconslave2karma:
Slave2Karma Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Sometimes people change and sometimes (sadly) it's not for the better. I've had friends who've put me as their third priority as well, and honestly--it's not worth the headache to try to make things the way they used to be when they don't even notice or care. You don't deserve to be treated that way, so stop putting in all the effort and look for some new people to spend your time with. Life's too short to waste on people who treat you like garbage.
sedonaandlilly Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Artisan Crafter
Thanks I needed it
Add a Comment: