Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Shaking! D:

:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Dec 23, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
So I always shake, but if I'm hungry, or well, sometimes I don't know why, my body shakes.

When I'm hungry it goes like this:
feel a little, hollow maybe? I know I need to eat soon.
If I can't, my hands start shaking
My knees then start buckling
then I can't do anything. Just have to wait till I eat.

Thing is, its getting worse. Its harder to get rid of, food just doesn't seem to curb it, but, nothing actually happens, I don't pass out or anything, so I think its just my body being shit.

However, how can I keep them at bay? Is this just sensitivity to sugar/carbs or something?

Yeah, I know you're not doctors, but fuck, I hate them. ( Last time I went they just told me to "eat more". That isn't helping.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsmarticleparticle:
SmarticleParticle Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I used to feel shaky a lot, and it turned out I was anaemic. It's not serious if it's mild and means you have an iron deficiency, so you would need to eat more vegetables ect. I would definitely see your doctor though.
:iconminustwoseventhree:
What do you eat? Depending on what it is, you may not be getting the right things that your body needs. Usually things that release energy slowly, like bread and pasta are best. Also make sure you have enough iron, low iron can cause shaking.
If that doesn't help, then you probably have hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. In which case you need to go to the doctor, because it's a part of diabetes.
:iconjonas-lightfoot:
What are you talking about? Pasta and bread are simple sugars that break down quickly. Why do you state that they release energy slowly?
:iconminustwoseventhree:
thats probably true and i got them mixed up with some other substance (that happens a lot in nutrition) but carbohydrates are still pretty much the best thing to eat so it doesnt change much
:iconnickworcester:
nickworcester Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
well that can't be good... pardon me for asking, but what do you eat?
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Dec 24, 2012  Student Writer
I think you should go to the doctor's, explain the problem and see if they can figure out the exact cause. It's probably nothng serious, but at least then you'll know what the problem is and how to fix it instead of just making educated guesses.

If diabetes runs in the family it's probably best to keep an eye on stuff like this anyway.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Dec 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Everyone keeps saying "low blood pressure" but I'm not sure if the might mean "low blood sugar." I don't see why eating/not eating would affect your blood pressure, unless they know something I don't.

I get shaky sometimes before lunch. I usually eat oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and both have sugar in it, then I don't eat anything between breakfast and lunch. So I assume it has to do with the sugar I ate for breakfast and getting hungry again.

A few years ago I used to wake up early and drink coffee but not eat anything with it because I wasn't hungry yet, and I would get super shaky and tired and go back to sleep for hours. Then I learned that if I waited a bit to get hungry and ate food with the coffee, this wouldn't happen to me, except for the much more minor occasional happening that I described above.

What time of day does this happen to you? And what do you eat for breakfast? When it happens, are there trends in what you've eaten that day or recently? Like, does it happen only after you haven't eaten for a while, or if you skipped a snack that day, or when you have a breakfast-y lunch?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Dec 24, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Low blood sugar- aka hypoglycemia.

Eat small meals though the day and avoid sugary foods to keep from spiking. Keep things like nuts and granola bars around to snack on.
Add a Comment: