Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Shaking! D:

:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
So I always shake, but if I'm hungry, or well, sometimes I don't know why, my body shakes.

When I'm hungry it goes like this:
feel a little, hollow maybe? I know I need to eat soon.
If I can't, my hands start shaking
My knees then start buckling
then I can't do anything. Just have to wait till I eat.

Thing is, its getting worse. Its harder to get rid of, food just doesn't seem to curb it, but, nothing actually happens, I don't pass out or anything, so I think its just my body being shit.

However, how can I keep them at bay? Is this just sensitivity to sugar/carbs or something?

Yeah, I know you're not doctors, but fuck, I hate them. ( Last time I went they just told me to "eat more". That isn't helping.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsmarticleparticle:
SmarticleParticle Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I used to feel shaky a lot, and it turned out I was anaemic. It's not serious if it's mild and means you have an iron deficiency, so you would need to eat more vegetables ect. I would definitely see your doctor though.
:iconminustwoseventhree:
minustwoseventhree Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
What do you eat? Depending on what it is, you may not be getting the right things that your body needs. Usually things that release energy slowly, like bread and pasta are best. Also make sure you have enough iron, low iron can cause shaking.
If that doesn't help, then you probably have hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. In which case you need to go to the doctor, because it's a part of diabetes.
:iconjonas-lightfoot:
Jonas-Lightfoot Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
What are you talking about? Pasta and bread are simple sugars that break down quickly. Why do you state that they release energy slowly?
minustwoseventhree Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
thats probably true and i got them mixed up with some other substance (that happens a lot in nutrition) but carbohydrates are still pretty much the best thing to eat so it doesnt change much
minustwoseventhree Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
ok
:iconcalkubo:
Calkubo Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Eat more
:iconnickworcester:
nickworcester Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
well that can't be good... pardon me for asking, but what do you eat?
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Writer
I think you should go to the doctor's, explain the problem and see if they can figure out the exact cause. It's probably nothng serious, but at least then you'll know what the problem is and how to fix it instead of just making educated guesses.

If diabetes runs in the family it's probably best to keep an eye on stuff like this anyway.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Everyone keeps saying "low blood pressure" but I'm not sure if the might mean "low blood sugar." I don't see why eating/not eating would affect your blood pressure, unless they know something I don't.

I get shaky sometimes before lunch. I usually eat oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and both have sugar in it, then I don't eat anything between breakfast and lunch. So I assume it has to do with the sugar I ate for breakfast and getting hungry again.

A few years ago I used to wake up early and drink coffee but not eat anything with it because I wasn't hungry yet, and I would get super shaky and tired and go back to sleep for hours. Then I learned that if I waited a bit to get hungry and ate food with the coffee, this wouldn't happen to me, except for the much more minor occasional happening that I described above.

What time of day does this happen to you? And what do you eat for breakfast? When it happens, are there trends in what you've eaten that day or recently? Like, does it happen only after you haven't eaten for a while, or if you skipped a snack that day, or when you have a breakfast-y lunch?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Low blood sugar- aka hypoglycemia.

Eat small meals though the day and avoid sugary foods to keep from spiking. Keep things like nuts and granola bars around to snack on.
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I looked up the symptoms, and it does sound exactly like it, I get moody as well. After I've eaten I'm fine ( thankfully my poor boyfriend knows that I get awful when I'm hungry and looks after me :P )

I'll follow my blood sugars and see what happens. Nothing too serious has happened from it though!
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Low blood pressure could be it.. I know I experience that sometimes, but it doesn't go too bad since I'll eat before it happens. :o

Seek a doctor... you might not like them, but they're your best bet.
Well, I get shakes/moody/wobbly/sometimes dizzy even when I'm not hungry. Its also taking a longer time for me to calm it down, before eating would make it vanish, now it takes far too long for it too calm down.

I do also know I have low blood pressure, but I shall have to look into it. If I can avoid doctors I will :P
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I avoid doctors and dentists too... I don't like spending money on them, when a paracetamol tablet could solve anything. =p

Try to self-diagnose and do what's right... and if the problem still persists, I'm afraid it's best you go to a doctor. Don't want the condition to get worse.
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I know I should, but I really do hate them >:

I tend to have the attitude of "nothing terrible has happened, so I'm fine" :P
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Tell me about it. I just don't like seeing doctors/dentists for any reasons. I just don't want them to know too much.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Doctors are awful.
:iconblueseanfoste:
blueseanfoste Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Yeah I start shaking if I don't eat, too. Idk why D:
:iconsangrde:
Sangrde Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012   Digital Artist
---your health. Get enough water and natrium. Move frequently .. If you still feel bad I'd recommend seeing a doc ;(
:iconsangrde:
Sangrde Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012   Digital Artist
I believe you have low blood pressure if you still feel shaky, dizzy, and exhausted temprarily even after your meal.
It's not something serious like cancer but it's Pretty much regarding to y
:icondc4894:
DC4894 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You drink much (or any) caffeine? I kind of get that way if I have my morning cup(s) of coffee and then don't eat or drink enough.

Diabetes (you're a bit old for the onset of type 1) is often indicated by excessive thirstiness, excessive urinating, sweet smelling breath (bloodsugar's through the roof at that point), and complete lack of energy (bloodsugar also through the roof). More than likely, it's not diabetes; it sounds nothing like it.

See a doctor, and if this happens predictably, schedule an appointment when it's likely to happen. Heck, if y'all have "Urgent Care" places like we do here, go to one when your feeling shaky.
Well I've been like this since I was about 14, but, I haven't collapsed, I just shake a lot, my legs tremor, I get quiet, sometimes snappy and moody, it doesn't get that bad all the time, but when I am, I just cannot do anything.

For Caffeine no, I drink none. I don't even drink decaff tea anymore, I just drink water, on rare occasions hot chocolate.
You said your granddad and aunt have type two. Maybe you could borrow a glucose meter from one of them, just to rule that out?

As long as you're eating and drinking enough for your body type, and doing so regularly, the only thing you can really do is see a doctor, unfortunately. :(
I think its type 2? I'm not sure.

I don't talk to my Aunt, but I could speak to my Granddad :)
DC4894 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's type 2, unless they've had it since childhood. Type 1 is sometimes called "juvenile diabetes".
Oh I don't know but I think its Type 2
DC4894 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Regardless, I hope you get it sorted out :)
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
See a new doctor. Get 2nd and 3rd opinions. You could have a number of issues or you could just be weird. You'll never ever know by asking here.
Yeah I knew that would be the response, they just never take me seriously. Its frustrating >:
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
who doesn't? the doctor or the retards that frequent these forums?

if your doctor is a dunce move on to a new one
:iconkemcar:
kemcar Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Sorry to say but the symptoms you described indicate Diabetes, I have seen my mom complaining of the same problems. I would suggest you to go for a blood sugar test at the earliest, it only gets worse with time.
Could you explain a little more what indicate diabetes is? Is that type 2? I don't know much D:
:iconbeefbuns:
beefbuns Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you checked to see if you have diabetes?
I did once when I was 16, my Granddad and Aunt has it, but type 2 I think? I've always been like this, but it hasn't actually resulted in anything, I don't faint, or collapse so I think its more, just a shitty body.

I guess I could ask for another one though, I need an eye test too, so I should man it and do them together ( I realllly hate doctors! ).
I hate doctors too. Mostly because they're wrong a lot of the times and they always ignore your problems.
Have you googled your problem? Your problem sounds like hypoglycemia. Basically low blood sugar levels and I think all you could do is eat more. You can't leave yourself hungry. Eat on a regular basis.
I try to avoid googling problems.

Is that sensitivity with sugar? Should I eat more carbs then? Its very annoying, especially when I want to draw.
Also don't try too much of anything. It can easily lead to diabetes. If you don't already, try eating healthier foods.
Diabetes is an autoimmune disease, generally occurring in people with a genetic predisposition. Playing with diets isn't going to lead to diabetes.
I've read articles about some people who've claimed they had hypoglycemia. They said they starting to play around with it for a couple months and it lead to diabetes.
I'm not a doctor or anything so sorry if I'm wrong.
More than likely just an indication of prediabetes, but I'm no doctor, either. :B
(1 Reply)
I eat pretty healthy, I have some intolerance to some foods ( mostly junky, but I think breadcrumbs and similar things, we have a gluten intolerance in our family, so I eat lean turkey or chicken usually. ) I'm also on a diet :P
I'm not very sure but that seems like the logical thing to do. I would say to first check it out with a doctor. Tell them they must check your blood sugar levels and make a list of things you want to tell them. If you want to hold out before going to a doctor I suggest testing out other things like eating less sugar and more protein, or more carbohydrates, or maybe more sugar. But don't wait it out for more than a week. Hypoglycemia could be life threatening.
I've had it since I was quite young though, it is slowly ( very slowly ) getting worse, and harder to get rid off if I do have to wait it out. I still shake after my meal, though a lot less, and it takes a while to calm down.
Well it seems like the diet and the waiting it out is making it worse. If you want it to stop you should probably stop doing those things. Maybe you aren't eating enough if you're still shaking after your meals?
I am eating enough, I can't stand shaking which works as a good way to stop me from doing that, I'm just drinking water and trying not to eat chocolate.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: