December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 47

I'M HEARING VOICES

:iconjustalexc:
justalexc Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
AND THEY TELL ME THINGS....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconttfnjinx:
TTFNJinx Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Interface Designer
Voices scream and yell and they keep me up at night. They tell me about a stranger they told me he was going to get me. Then I had a panic attack about the devil and I knew something evil was trying to grab me.
:iconlahcat:
LahCat Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
you hear voices i saw a black hand IN THE DARK..just one time, ive never saw it again..

but anyway just talk to other people you will forget everything.. :)
:iconbetweenskill:
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Writer
I heard voices. Then I became an atheist. The Magic of Prayer! Causes all sorts of delusions. Your emotions can do a number on your perception.
:iconlahcat:
LahCat Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
O.0
:iconbetweenskill:
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Writer
yup. It's actually scientifically proven. Imagine something about religion actually being proved with science. Oh wait, it disproves it....
:iconmmzero01:
MMZero01 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
If you are hearing voices, and you truely believe that it is so (I don't doubt anything), then do not fear them. If they are telling you things, perhaps you should try to listen.
:icondeltari2:
deltari2 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You might be thinking a lot :O
:iconmeggierenee:
meggierenee Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional General Artist
I have schizoaffective disorder and take medication to stop the voices. If they are really bugging you, see a doctor.
:iconjstar19000:
JStar19000 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i hear voices when i am in DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP thought...
But thats just me...

I usually hear the entire movie over again when i'm trying to sleep. XD
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I blame it on Smurfs!
:iconmulta21:
Multa21 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm sorry to say this but, your house may be haunted. There is proof that ghosts exist!
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
:shh: ANTI-PSYCHOTICS
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, those damn voices! They make me do things.
:iconthe-blonde-pony-bear:
The-Blonde-Pony-Bear Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I hear noises when I try to sleep at night but voices are strange :/
:icondancingintwilight:
DancingInTwilight Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
GIVE EM THE Q-TIP AGAIN
:iconeldingagunman:
EldingaGunman Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Mine just screamed. It sort of ruined metal for me, because no death metal vocalist in the world could ever hope to compete with 'em in the sense of primal rawness. :shrug: They sounded like something between something dying, an animal, white noise, and a tv stuck on stand by.

They went away when I ditched sugars and grains. Funny how things work. If there is nothing else that help you, perhaps you could try shifting your diet, too. Give the paleo diet a chance. It's inconvenient in the beginning, but seriously, you don't really sound like you have much of a choice but trying the oddball solutions at this point.
:iconmew-sumomo:
Mew-Sumomo Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student General Artist
Have you been diagnosed with anything in particular?
:iconacfreakman:
acfreakman Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
This might sound odd but have you tried to write or draw? I personally do not have experience with your problem but I know when I am stressed or in a bad mood I write. Some draw and some write music. You might find it helps if only a little bit!
:iconcalkubo:
Calkubo Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Do the voices speak in rhyme?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
So..?

If they are bothersome, go to a doctor. There are a number of meds that will help you ignore them. If they aren't, then don't worry about it.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The most important question is: are they good company? =P
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Then you have no reason to post topics here, you have plenty of people to talk to.
:iconnightshade255:
Nightshade255 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconhuehuehueplz:
the nerve! AND I EVEN GAVE YOU A LLAMA! :[
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
What?!

You have friends that will never leave you and you're complaining?!
:iconpunkskaplunk:
Punkskaplunk Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
I have auditory hallucinations and a lot of depressive panic symptoms... so I got diagnosed with panic disorder, anxiety and depression... not to long ago I got diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy...which explains alot of my weird symptoms :/

not to mention my medications actually work now :).
not fun.... have a llama...
:iconpunkskaplunk:
Punkskaplunk Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
To be honest epilepsy was the last thing I would of thought of since I rarely have conventional fits (the convulsing ones) I just stare into space for 30 seconds or fall over without remembering how I got on the ground. The reason I got transferred to a neurologist was when I told my psychiatrist that I could smell colour and taste metal if it was in the room and that it was accompanied with dizziness and voices that always called my name. I was being treated for depression and anxiety at the time and I had frequent panic attacks.

All the medications I had I couldn't handle over 100mg or I would have bad side effects with little improvement to my health. Pretty much nothing was happening and I never matched the classic criteria for a panic disorder. I had god awful mood swings too until I got started on Lamortigine which is used as both a mood stabilizer and anti-seizure medication. And that's when I started to improve at all.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Artist
Are there people talking nearby? :p
oh GOSH you have no idea. There is no such thing as a quiet day in my life! Have a llama...
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Filmographer
Abilify got rid of all of my voices :P But that's just me. Keep trying; the right medicine will make them all go away.
FYI, my avatar is the grey ribbon. It means mental health awareness.
I already have awesome medicine that makes the voices put me into a more stable mood. I used to be screaming, pulling my hair out, and attempting suicide all the time until I found medicine that works. Yeah, it sucks that they can never disappear (apparently).
They used to be teachers and old friends voices, but it seems as times goes on, I slowly forget and evolve into new stories about things that don't make any sense. The hallucinations have no names, so I put the names on them myself, or they will do so in time.
Right now they're pointing to things on the screen and sort of forcing me to explain websites to them as if they were some idiot that knows nothing. And the worst part is I hear from characters, people i've met and haven't seen in years, and occationally make me beg them to SHUT UP. I need to get some more medicine soon. BUT EVEN WITH MY MEDS, IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M NEVER AT PEACE. which is a little weird because i'm huge on that.
Any advice? p.s. music doesn't help, they start screaming, and yes, they are 100% interactive. horray ;_;
What are you on?

I had some stuff that stopped it completely for me, but it made me hate physical contact so I had to go off of it.

I'd rather not have everything quiet in my head, personally, I've found I get super bored and depressed.

Lol it's like running a summer camp in my head...
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
If you are genuinely experiencing auditory hallucinations, seek medical help.
I already have medicine that works, but they never go away permanently. I'm not doing any drugs, it's just how my brain works.
Antipsychotics won't actually make it stop, they just make it easier to ignore. If you are still being bothered on your current medication discuss it with your doctor.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Then you need a different medicine. You may have to try several before you find the right one.
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Even though medication alone does not fully make them go away, a psychologist can help you be more in control of your mind. You can work through your problems together or do exercises that help you be more in control of your emotions and thoughts. Who prescribed you the medicine?
I'm finding that being more bold and turning to spirituality is already helping out a little. Maybe I should get more religious... Dunno. Do you know of any exercises that I can do, you know, ones that wouldn't make me look crazy, because I've tried singing at random times to get rid of the voices. That made them get louder and ended up putting me in a behavioral hospital. My recent diagnosis was Paranoid Scizorphrenia, then they told me I have OCD and Autism. I try exercising by doing jumping jacks sometimes. It makes my mood better. What do you think?
Oh, and have a llama, my good friend!
:iconmeemie7:
Meemie7 Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Geez, from the sounds of it, your life kinda sucks right now.

I dunno if this'll work or not, but try putting yourself in a completly empty room. Or just stare at a white space on a wall. Whatever works best for you. Make yourself comfortable. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Get a rhythm going and even blink to the rhythm of you breathing. Now, keep staring at the blank wall and focus only on breathing and nothing else. If the voices start, ignore them the best that you can. If you get into a good enough rhythm, then the voices will become distant.

This method is called meditating. It's supposed to put your mind at ease and peace. I seriously don't know what it will do to voices in someone's head, but it really just takes a bit over ten minutes of complete meditation for the mind to become fully lucid.

Please tell me of whether or not this works
justalexc Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
thank you! :) I've tried meditating in a circle with a star. Sometimes they go away.
Have a llama my friend! :)
:iconmeemie7:
Meemie7 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks for the llama.
A star really isn't needed, though. All that matters is that you get your mind at ease.
Keep meditating as often as you can.
Also, I'm glad to hear that it has helped you
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Paranoid Schizophrenia, OCD, and Autism? I can't give any advice there... Exercising and keeping busy are always good things to do, though. Hmm There are actually psychologists/psychiatrists that work a lot with religion, if you feel like that would help you.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sucks.
tell me about it!
Add a Comment: