Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 107

Im a little bit chubby

:iconfurrykittengirl123:
furrykittengirl123 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Im a little bit chubby I admit it Im afraid to show my face online, Im scared someone might pick on me.

I love to look at models and try to see if I can become one, when I lose a little bit of wait I can be one.

what should I do?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbaileynickerson:
BaileyNickerson Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student General Artist
If being "chubby" makes you feel bad then do something. Otherwise, if it isn't a health risk, don't (I'm no doctor). To be shy because of a little extra weight is not really necessary. My little sister gets discouraged because shes over the recommended BMI, but who's place is it to say what a healthy weight is, in a world where studies are constantly changing, and every recommendation to eat "healthy food" contradicts each other.

you decide your own image of ideal. do you really feel like you're "chubby"? and if no online sympathy is helping, just do what it takes to feel better. Otherwise, a great option would be to sit down and think about yourself a bit or even look in the mirror. No one can see yourself like you do. So it is understandable that you might see flaws that aren't really there. Every one is beautiful in their own respect, and don't let anyone, even me, influence your opinion on yourself. At some point you have to realize that your own approval of yourself is the only guaranteed and sincere approval you can really have.
furrykittengirl123 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
ok thank you
:iconparrisa:
Parrisa Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You my dear, are not chubby; you are simply fabulous. Everyone is fabulous in their own right, and you are the only one who can work you body as well as you can. If you want to be a model, all it takes is hard work and confidence. If you have confidence, you instantly become the most attractive person in the room.
ok thanks
:iconjohnny1up:
johnny1up Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Many models do not look bad. But most of them are thin and small-framed and have a very low body fat content. Not everyone looks like the models that you see everywhere. Some do, but I'd say most don't, and that's not a bad thing. There's not just one ideal body type, and almost everyone knows that by now. Compared to models, I think most women would look "A little bit chubby". I don't think you need to strive to look like a model. Beauty comes in many forms, and personally I don't think that the bikini models look any better than woman who weigh around 150 lbs.

I don't think you need to break your back dieting and exercising unless it's a matter of health. But there's obesity and then there's "a little chubby" and I don't think the latter is a health hazard. It's better to have a little more fat content than necessary than to not have quite enough.

I don't know where (what site) you're afraid to post pictures; whether it's here, facebook, or somewhere else. But I think you should do it if you want to. Don't let your nervousness be the reason for not doing something you want. Be confident and if someone says something bad about it, then screw them, they're probably not worth your time. Just ignore them and focus on the people who like it. I've got a feeling most people will.
ok thank you I will keep to that
:iconmylastel:
mylastel Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
If you're not happy about being chubby, well, there's always something you can do about it. Discipline in foods and exercise! :dummy: People have proven it already that exercise, most of all, can make us healthy and even sexy. Ofc, choose something that will work for you. Pilates, yoga, Boxing, etc. Eat more fruits & vegetables & lean meats. =D Even those who undergone surgery, liposuction or whatsoever must maintain their new slim body by doing the said things.
ok
:icongyr633:
Gyr633 Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I can't feel any bit of pity for someone who only complains, and then gives shitty responses to people that want to help.
:iconbaileynickerson:
BaileyNickerson Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student General Artist
I second that notion
:icongyr633:
Gyr633 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Indeed.
:iconaricania:
Aricania Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Awh, don't feel like that! I can understand where you're coming from as I've been there before. I used to be a little chubby in my preteen years and I would often feel horrid about myself. I would never buy the clothes I liked because I didn't think I'd look good in them. I'd always think "Well, maybe I should wait until I get skinnier/prettier" I don't know when it was but somehow I started to stop thinking that way and really started buying what I liked. Maybe it was growing up or something but I think that after I did that it really made me feel better about myself. So what I guess I'm trying to say is it's really about your mentality. However, if you really want to try to do something to start making you 'move' in that direction I guess you can just exercise and eat healthier. Either way, just be happy and love yourself, I'm sure you're a sweetheart! Take care~
thank you
:icon2lazy2talk:
2lazy2talk Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And that's you're wrong! Turns out, we the chubbies are quite famous within the boys group :P Not all of course but I've found a good share :hooray:
ok thank you very much
:iconxl4n1x:
xL4n1x Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you. If you don't like your weight start becoming more active and eating healthier. Good luck!
furrykittengirl123 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
ok thanks
:iconneywa:
Neywa Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student
Well it's pretty much all of the above but I think the main thing should be loving yourself. I mean, if you're in a healthy weight that's all that cares. I'm naturally big, I have very strong legs and I passed almost half of my life jogging haha, and I can tell you that what's yours and only yours will never disappear ;)

One good thing about chubby face that I can tell you is that it'll always make you young ^^

And I'm not going to tell you to avoid watching model's images but try not to compare. I can tell you that it's possible. I recently had a day when I woke up and looked at the mirror and didn't fell beautiful nor ugly, I really don't know how to explain it, it was like all the good things that I have were showing in my face, and I just felt happy, but not happy because I saw good things, only happy. And I think my whole world changed a bit, now I really feel like it doesn't mind, like it's a secondary thing. A thing that works is stop looking at the mirror, spend a day without looking at yourself in a mirror ^^ Good luck!
ok thank you
:iconwquon:
wquon Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
n same boat here. had to lose 60lb for army now im just tryin to keep weight off & its a struggle & every1 has something diff to say about it. so keep motivated find out what to eat that will be good for you & that ul enjoy (im looking at a cookbook called the sugar solution right now). also be active go 4 a walk &/or find a hobby thats more physically demanding. change your state of mind get a picture (thats realistic to ur body type) that u want to look like & visualize urself with it.
ok thanks
:iconscourgex:
ScourgeX Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Only two things, one is to just not care. Why should it matter if someone will laugh or something, it is very possible that at same time someone on internet or IRL laughs on his/her face also. Judge others and be judged.

Another point, work on your body ofcourse. There was some research here, where the final conclusion was reached, that guys value a lot the girls who were chubby, and lost their weight, valued their hard work, their love for their body they decided to go that change, their determination - that's the right word. (valued more than naturaly slim ones). I see also myself a fair point in that. Just don't go one of those unhealthy weight radical super-loss diets. You would revert back to previous state, and loose interest in atempting it again. You can always eat a lot, just need change what do you eat acording that.

Ofcourse there is also 3rd option to notput your face on internet, and lock yourself at home, but that ain't solution.

Good luck. :)
furrykittengirl123 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
ok thank you
:iconrapidfire1012:
Rapidfire1012 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
You're going to get picked on about something. Trust me. They always find something new. I used to be obese, and I tried so hard to lose weight, and I did. And I hoped that they would leave me alone. But then it was my teeth, so after I got braces, they were straight, then it was my hair, then my nose, then my wacky eyes.

You can't please everybody, man. Just fuck them all.
ok
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Well, if by 'a little bit chubby' you mean that you have a spare tire and maybe some flabby thighs, there's nothing to worry about. I'm 5'5 and a healthy 138, and I don't give a damn if I'm not model material. If this was a hundred or so years ago, I'd be considered ideal and so would you.

However, if you're 20+ pounds overweight, get off your ass and get to a gym, that shit is unhealthy.
ok
:iconworldhero:
WorldHero Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Filmographer
Hun, one of my best friends in college happens to be a bit on the chubby side, and there's nothing wrong with that. She's actually healthy, mainly because being chubby is genetic. :shrug:

But the one thing you don't want to do is trying to be like a model. Super models tend to take their dieting habits way too far, to where you can see their bones. That's actually not healthy at all.

The best thing to do is try to look at some healthy tips on how to lose weight if you're that worried. Eat a lot of nutritious, green foods, with vitamins and minerals, cut down on junk food, and try to exercise for 30 minutes daily. If you do any of those, you're likely to lose some weight, but it'll be a slow process. :shrug:
ok thank you
:iconworldhero:
WorldHero Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Filmographer
No problem. c:
:iconangelheartthewarrior:
AngelheartTheWarrior Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ok, here's something thats given me the best life so far.

Do NOT worry about being chubby. You're probably average weight, like everyone else. It's just genetics--I am average weight but I look chubby. Even so, I'm still not overweight. But, when people worry about being fat, most of the time they usually starve themselves and get very ill and sick, or they overeat diet food and do get overweight. Just don't worry about it. :)
ok
:iconshakuchan1995:
ShakuChan1995 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Change your eat habits, lower the calories and eat healthy food. Keep yourself back from eating for boredom. Only eat, when you really need the food.

Exercise, even if you loose weight, you can only look that nice you want and have tense skin if you do sports.
Every models do it, and I think their life is kinda hard, but if you really want it...do for it. :D
:iconjstar19000:
JStar19000 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
EVERYONE has these times. trust me.
Heh. I was considered "almost obese" back then, but now my family says i look fantastic. But you know what...?
I'm still afraid to put my face on the internet. XD

But here's really what i gotta say:

I would rather date someone with looks that are below average that has a beautiful personality and great qualities in them than someone with the greatest looks with the bitchiest personalities.

Because really, a personality is what makes people more... well... prettier.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, even if you look like a super model, you are nothing without an amazing personality. I know you might have heard this a lot of times but it who you are from the inside that makes you who you are. I am fat too but I don't really care that much since I realize that there is more to me than just body mass index. For health purposes, you could work out but remember, we are beautiful in our own way. :)
:iconreesewhyte:
reesewhyte Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012   Digital Artist
Anyone who makes fun of you for how you look, be it over the internet or otherwise, is just projecting their own insecurities onto you. Either way, I'm sure you look beautiful and you shouldn't be scared to show your face online.

Developing self-esteem is a long process, but an important one at that. You have to learn how to love yourself first and foremost. I know it may sound cheesy, but it's so true. You'll find that once you start to love yourself, anything negative that other people might have to say about your appearance, personality, etc will just roll off your back because you'll be aware of the type of person you truly are and their opinions will hold much less weight. Sure, you may not appeal to everyone - that's just a part of life - but by no means does that make you inferior to anyone else. Even the models you admire don't appeal to absolutely everyone, different strokes for different folks.

If you feel that your weight is something that is preventing you from getting where you'd like to be, then it's up to you to be proactive and take steps towards changing it. But what I'd like to point out here is that you have to do it for YOU, not because of what anyone else says. Any change you make has to be because YOU want to make it - it becomes a much more positive experience that way and you'll be more likely to work actively towards your goals. Please don't resort to any crazy diets or unsafe methods if you feel you need to lose weight. Consider a lifestyle change instead, where you can take baby steps at making healthy choices here and there, easing yourself into it until you start forming good habits that contribute to your overall health. There are tons of resources and blogs you can find online to help you.

Anyway, hope I haven't gone on too long about this. Just know that you are absolutely worthy of happiness and that it's in your hands to make things happen. Have faith in yourself, make the effort and you'll start to see change before you know it :)
:iconkmnfive:
kmnfive Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
work out. start jogging =)
:iconcmdchole:
CMDchole Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Interface Designer
I will be stalking you XD and will kill ANYONE who says something mean about you if you ever show your face.
And hey, Im on the chubby side to :/ Its okay though, God made us in HIS own image and were all special.
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Models are unattractive because they're stick thin, and they look like they could be cracked in half with only a small bit of strain.

Also, the models in magazines are often slimmed down with computers (as if they aren't thin enough).

Be happy with your own perfect self, and screw anyone who tells you otherwise (preferably with an electric screwdriver).
:iconmetalhartrockandroll:
Don't want to be a model. Being a model is a terrible thing. It only seems special because people tell you it is. You don't want to be a model.

Get used to being picked on. You can lose all the weight in the world and people will still pick on you.

Just freakin' lose the weight. It isn't that hard.

Remember it's just excess weight. Losing it won't change who you are or who other people are. You'll still be you and people will still suck.

Source: I'm a good looking fellow who's lost over a hundred pounds.
:iconshadowstone13:
ShadowStone13 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Over 100lbs? Bravo! :D

Also, very wise words, although weight loss can actually be difficult, depending on circumstances. I agree with everything else, though.
:iconmetalhartrockandroll:
Oh, it was hard but people act like it's impossible or like there's a secret to it when there isn't.

More calories out than in. And it takes time. You're not going to lose 20 lbs this week, you know?

Oh, and thanks :)
Again, words of wisdom. I misunderstood you the first time. Sorry.

And np ^_^
Are you unhappy with your weight?
Also, why do you want to be a model?
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of chub. If you aren't unhealthily overweight, I'd maybe just watch my diet and walk more if you want to lose weight. *IF* you aren't unhealthily overweight.

I'd also strongly think about the whole 'modelling' thing. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? (give a school range (highschool, 7th grade, college, etc, if that makes you feel better)
A lot of the 'glamorous' careers are not what they seem to be.
:iconiriastar:
Iriastar Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Do exercise, eat healthy, live healthy. Why are you asking us, if it's obvious what you need to do?
:iconrene-l:
Rene-L Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional General Artist
Be happy for who you are, eat healthy, excercise and your confidence level will improve, even those beautiful people will even look at you for advice, the key is to have confidence.
:iconhannahbul:
Hannahbul Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a few friends that are models ): two of them are constantly in and out of hospital with anorexia and the other has horror stories about how the other models treat her that are just unthinkably disgusting. The are usually photoshopped beyond recognition.

My friends say you should just go into modelling for artistic things rather than any paid work as the entire business is just horrendous. Sadly, they're all bound by contracts for the next few years. Also it's addictive, I'm told.

I'm a bit chubby and I love it~ Embrace whatever you are :) If you're healthy then it doesn't matter~!
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional General Artist
I spoke to a few models in the line of work I'd like to get into (fetish modeling) and they gave me great diet advise: eat multiple small meals during the say, not 3 big meals a day, and exercise. It works, or has for me anyway. I'm a big girl and I've already noticed a change. :)
:iconeddie-boy97:
Eddie-boy97 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I wouldn't pick on you, I love chuby girls...sometimes I wish I was fat v.v however crazy it sounds but we all have our taste
:iconspookyink:
SpookyInk Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You need VERY thick skin to model.
Prepare to hear that you are too fat, ugly, tall, smelly, hair is hideous, feet too big, Ass too small, tits not big, nose too blah blah blah. Everything about yourself will be exploited and crushed and picked on. So if you can't handle showing yourself online to people who honestly don't give a fuck then choose a different career.

Join model mayhem.
Or at least, read their new models forum.
Add a Comment: