Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Rats fighting

:iconsquidpup:
SquidPup Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
During the summer I got a dumbo rat as a gift from my aunt and today I got another and it is a baby.The older rat keeps trying to fight with the younger one and I just don't know how to get them to get along...please help :(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Unless they are actually tearing eachother up, they're fine. They will work it out :)
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Rats have a pack structure much like dogs. They do a bit of fighting to sort this out, and to reinforce it. Make sure the rats have plenty of room, and both have access to necessities.
Watch the smaller rat for bad cuts and for weight loss. If these get too bad, separate the rats.

Otherwise, don't interfere. If you break up the fight and try to comfort the little one, it may just make the fighting worse. It should die down soon, although rats will always scuffle just a bit from time to time. But that's ok, they're usually MUCH happier together than alone.
Thank you for telling me this.I'll just let them work it out then,it was just scaring me see the bigger one attacking the little one.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
It IS scary, but I've never seen a rat significantly harm another rat- much like dogs, they can fight but they know how to not harm each other.

(This is one of the nice things about rats, because hamsters DO kill each other and it's really sad.)
They are fighter less than they were earlier thankfully
Add a Comment: