Closed to new replies
December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 72

How to respond to a love confession?

:iconharakyome:
HaraKyome Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist
A guy friend of mine just asked me out and I told him to give me time to seriously think about it. I think I like him but he's 6 years older than me and I'm just generally lost about what I should do. I'm in my 20s and well beyond high school, but I haven't had much relationship experience. I've asked several people already and the responses range from "wait a couple months" to "just go for it and see what happens". I've known him for about three weeks and we've spent a lot of time talking to each other, so I know him pretty well by now. It's been about a week since he's confessed. I'm still not sure whether I should wait a little longer or if I'm stringing him along by making him wait this long. I'm just really confused and could use some advice.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Is he asking you out on a date, or is he asking for a relationship with you?
I'm still in high school, but from my point of view, there's no harm in going on a date with him. Maybe you can then see if he's right for you and decide whether or not you want a relationship.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Do you love him?
:iconflicher:
Flicher Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If by going out he meant just for dinner or something I would give it a try. There is no obligation to continue into a relationship if he only asked you to dinner.
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
I suggest you do whatever you want. And I'm guessing you're not super excited about this.

I don't know you, but based on your reaction, I'm guessing he likes you more than you like him. I'm guessing if you had strong feelings for him, you'd be super excited that he finally asked you out after waiting three whole weeks. (My husband asked me out after only knowing me for one week, and even that felt like forever.)

You have every right to say no...even if he seems like a nice guy. If he's not your type, then that's fine. You don't owe him an explanation or a date.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
If your not ready tell them, If you want to take the next step take it.
Ask yourself what you want.
:iconchaffee:
Chaffee Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
:icontacosteev: has it right
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If you wanna try it out, make sure he knows it. Don't just say yes, because that can be taken different ways. Just ask him if he's ok with you two just hanging out and testing the waters. It sounds indecisive maybe but if you guys realize you don't click later it'd be a little less awkward maybe.
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'd say that you should date him/go out with, if you are interested in him. It's too soon to tell what he wants from you or how he sees things from his perspective, the only clear thing is that he is interested, but beware, he might also be a jerk and play with your feelings. You are young, don't worry about the age difference. You are probably nervous about experiencing something new, but thing is, you won't know how it is to date/be in a relationship unless you start letting yourself go there. As latter, you are young, you should go for it. And it doesn't even have to be a date, you can go out as friends, if it makes you feel more comfortable.
:iconbaseball777:
baseball777 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Say yes, because you probably won't get another one.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Digital Artist
If you feel like you could be attracted to him physically then go out with him and get to know him. If the thought of being physical with him makes you awkward and uncomfortable then you should probably just be friends.
Add a Comment: