Closed to new replies
December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Friendships are hard

:iconbvanis:
Bvanis Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Ever since my best friend died of cancer 6 months ago i find myselg closing myself off from both exiting friends and opportunities to make new ones. I dont know why but ive gotten so awkward, i dont know what to say or do and most of the time i barely talk i just can't seem to sustain any friendships. i know its because i lost the only person i really ever cared about, she was a ray of sunlight. But now i feel just so lost. I find myself over analyzing situations with people, and all of a sudden everyones tiptoeing around me.

how can i be less akward around new people? my old friendships are all pretty bust, which i know is my fault but i want to make new friends and be able to interact without acting so conciously about every action i make.
help?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondjdanilly:
djdanilly Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hello, I am a counselor and minister. Death is a confusing and sad time. Feeling of depression happens because of withheld feelings. It's good to talk about it, or write it down. Maybe you have other issues to work through, death just aggravates it. Try and find out why you are feeling this. Contact me if you have other questions. Thank you.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
People die, its shit. However, I think you have to try and be positive, its like, falling in love. Each time you go in a relationship, you know there is a potential to get hurt, but, if you don't try, you might never meet your true love.

Being awkward is awkward if you think you are, to be honest, I'm pretty awkward, so I spin on it and use it as a -laugh at me- type attitude, it breaks the ice and generally people just either find it funny or cute.
:iconerarosaimmortal21:
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
I always enjoy seeing your advice comments on DA. They're like words of wisdom=D
Hahaha! Awwh I feel so happy that you said that :)
:iconerarosaimmortal21:
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
I'm glad, just stating the obvious:)
well thats what im trying to do. im trying to move on with my life and be happy i dont want to mope around forever i can see the people i love around me dont like seing me like this.

i dont mind being awkward its just that ive had people leave conversations half way through because they tell me im just too weird. or they ask me whats wrong with me. i dont know it makes me feel worse. i know i shouldnt care but its jsut crappy.
thanks for the advice. i should start being more comfortable with myself.
Then, don't talk.

May seem counter-intuitive, but play the "mysterious" card. Don't say much, just let the conversations roll and let people figure you out, people like that, personally intrigue me ( my partner is like that! ) hes not a talkative person, but intelligent, when he chooses his responses, they're the best that could be said. So, try that out.
i will. thanks that really helps! your really good with words!
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I'm glad! Good luck, remember, they get a bit scared too sometimes. We're all only human!
Add a Comment: