DA User is Suicidal

Comment hidden
Comments35
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Its ok to get involved if you think its worth it. But you gotta be resonable. There are phone numbers you can call if you think someone is suicidal even if they are on the internet. Or you can even report it to the cops in her area. Let professionals and people who deal with these kind of things everyday handle it before you mess someone's life up more then it already is and are the cause of the suicide.
I don't think you're wanting to try and help them. :|
To be quite honest you're doing the total opposite!
If you want to help someone, give them a list of resources. Usually starts with the suicide hotline number.

You aren't helping. You don't know this person- which you have just opened up for harassment. Leave them alone.

Seriously, if someone did this to me- that is, what you just did- I'd go out of my way to get them. Or at least be very angry and creeped out. That is stalker behavior.
Wow. You are a dick.
You just posted her personal information for everyone to see. What the fuck are you thinking. :stare:
Holy fuck, you creepy little stalker.
Uh yeah, trying to almost-dox someone isn't the right way to go especially if you don't know them personally/haven't really tried to advise them at all.
The moment you post someone's personal info you're essentially putting them up for more harm than good.
Shit like this doesn't fly. Get this thread deleted yo.
What the hell man, it's YOU who should need mental guidance. Are you insane, spreading personal information all over the internet?
Also that looks like a poem not a suicide note.
Why on earth would you post all her person details on here? If you are legitimately concerned then you should have contacted her family on facebook.
holy crap, that was not good. :stare:

first, it's her decision, sucky as it is.
but you haven't helped her at all with the tracking her down. in fact, that's pretty fucked up.
Its her choice. :shrug:
[link]

I'm guessing that was you she's talking to?

This is not how to handle a suicidal person, especially a stranger over the internet.

For one, you don't know her at all, none of us do, which makes the whole tracking down her details and history quite creepy. Secondly, because you don't know her, you don't know how serious she is actually being. She could be writing a poem or rant. Third, you shouldn't be giving out other people's personal information in such a manor. If anything, you just opened her up to possibly a lot of spam and trolls on all of those accounts.
Lastly, if she does need help, you have as much information and ways of contacting her as we do, so I don't get what you're expecting from putting all this information here. It would be just as weird and confusing for her for any of us random people to contact her as much as it would be for you to do it yourself. From the looks of her journal, she's not only got friends she can talk to here, but also at least one she talks to in real life. So unless she only has that one friend and in some bizarre turn of events her friend encourages her to kill herself (not likely and assuming the girl is being serious), she's probably already got friends and/or family there to talk her out of doing anything bad to herself. From the looks of it, random people butting in is only upsetting her, so control yourself and don't be hysterical. 99/100 times we see this stuff turning out to be drama queen that just wants more attention and weeks, days, or even hours later comes back acting like nothing happened.
"you shouldn't be giving out other people's personal information in such a manor"

:iconisayplz::iconsaysplz:Your manor or mine...? :eyes:
Yes that was me she was talking too, I already sent a message to DA saying to delete/lock this post to hide her personal info.
Honestly regret even doing this seeing as I much mucked it up pretty bad.
You should start by going to #help asking a CV to at least close the topic right now, send that girl an apology, and leave her alone. If you're still concerned you can keep an eye on her for a while and report any sudden bad turn of events, but don't dig any further into her personal life and if you do report her to FB or dA, let them be the ones to decide what to do.
By the looks of it too, the user is both very pissed and creeped out that you tracked down her facebook and all that.
Posting all of her private information here and telling her you're trying to report her suicidal activity are both terrible moves. If you live in her country, there are surely places you can call. Getting a ton of people on a public forum to contact her through these private means would far from save a life...
Don't you think you went a little overboard here, and really on the creepy side. Do you really think posting someone's personal information on a public forum was the best course of action?
I see what you mean, I probably did go a little overboard. If this isn't allowed then lock/delete this board, but I dunno I rather be safe than sorry.
I really don't take this stuff lightly, but it is the internet and even as I posted this I even thought what the heck am I doing they could be crying wolf.
Yet you decided to post all their information on a public forum anyway, great job. You really just made her life that much worse you know that right?