Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Worried About My Grade...

:iconsonrie-mucho:
Sonrie-mucho Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I need some anonymous input here...I'm so stressed and worried about my grade, and I don't want to give the impression that I don't care.

So I'm in this sculpture class, and the teacher had us do something none of his previous classes have done for the final project, involving casting aluminum. So I work really hard and put time into making the perfect model. It failed the first pouring along with a few other students' work; so the teacher said that it wouldn't affect our grade and encouraged us to make another, even if we couldn't cast this semester. Everybody else's turned out fine.

So we all each make another one, mine being different because there's no way I can replicate what I had (given I was lacking a tool I used for the first). Anyway, on the day we started recasting a week ago, I caught a fever and managed to participate in the cast (and whatever else I had to do asap for my other 3 studios) before going home to bed for a couple days. On Friday, I came in late from a follow-up with the nurse and had to remove excess metal with power tools. I spent almost all day Saturday (still sick) woodworking for another class with a jigsaw I scored from dad because we weren't supposed to use the Woodshop if teacher wasn't there. I didn't do anymore work on the casting because I felt uncomfortable using those tools in the metal shop alone. Never got the base made, which I didn't stress about so much because of the extra effort put into having making a second sculpture, which was optional.

He had us bring in our sculptures yesterday, and mine was the only one without a base. After participating in clean-up, he asked where my base was, and I left the plan next to the sculpture. So now I'm freaking out until final grades are turned in Thursday, because I feel disappointed for not pushing myself hard enough. But I also feel jealous of my classmates because they've had much more favorable luck and time with theirs. I can normally deal with these things better, but this touches my esteem.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlexi247:
Lexi247 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
I'm sorry for your unfortunate situation :( Perhaps you should ask to see your grade sooner? That way you can get the anticipation over and done with.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm worried about my grade as well....
I passed for all the assignments (around 50/100) so I'm a bit worried if 50 is enough to make the mark
I just have to wait...:paranoid:
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Try telling him your situation exactly as you told us here, and ask him to give you your grade straight up, so you don't have to wait until Thursday.
Ok, thanks.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012   Digital Artist
Well there isn't much you can do but see how it turns out.
Did you talk to him about it?
We've discussed the first sculpture, and I've let him know about me being sick. Otherwise, I was completely thrown off when asked about the base, because he didn't say anything when I told him about me being not having made it yet (but having a labeled plan of the design and its dimensions next to the sculpture).
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012   Digital Artist
Well hopefully he'll understand.
Add a Comment: