Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

College student soon

:icondanexg:
danexg Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I am a senior high school and I'm going to be a college student after this year. I had made my decision that I would study accountancy and I would take the Bachelor of Science in Accountancy as my course. The thing is that there's a harsh options about entering such course.
I had 3 chances for college school that offers such course and were at least I have few rides back and forth from school to home. I haven't checked out USJR and UC yet but I was in USC(University of San Carlos).
I inquired there and paid 300pesos for the entrance exam for BSA. They told me that wether I pass the exam or not, I have to choose another course which is not BSA. They will only choose those students with high marks and should be atleast within the highest rank! I was definitely disappointed! It feels like no freedom to choose at all!
I have not completed answering the exam and I feel really bad! REALLY BAD! It made me quarel with my mom and there's no doubt. I AM TOTALLY DEPRESSED because I regretted that I did not finish answering on time even though the exam was so damn easy! They said it was hard but it wasn't! Maybe I had high IQ but slow in analyzing and calculating problems. I'm not used to answer 60questions per 40min! So far, I have 30 unanswered questions I guess. I feel stupid!And somehow honestly, I dont feel confident anymore.
I REALLY LOVE BECOMING AN ACCOUNTANT SOME DAY. I REALLY DREAM OF THAT :o and just because of that exam, its putting me down and so as my mom....... I don't know where to ask for sympathy! I dont think anyone cares really. But then I still have 2 schools to try out incase if I fail USC.
THE PROB IS
**My alternative is that if ever I fail accountancy entrance exam, I'll enroll for Business Management which is for 4 years. After 4years of studying Business Management, I'll proceed to accountancy which is 5 years. Will that be 9 years in total??? or 7yrs in total?? Im confused and its kinda tirin.
**I really like accountancy as my first course! How will i ever move on if i fail??? Its kinda painful to think since I've always dreamed this when I was kid. I know its Odd really.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Here, if you have a high GPA, can transfer between courses. does that happen where you live? If it does, another option you have is to work really hard in your first year of business, and then transfer.
:iconshoyo4:
shoyo4 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If you really want something, you'll end up doing whatever just to get it. If you don't get in the first shot, I don't see why you shouldn't try again :D

Also, getting a double degree isn't such a bad option. While it may take longer, it gives you more opportunities for employment since it shows how much of a versatile person you are.
:iconalzrith:
aLzRitH Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Awwhhh Dani..... :hug:
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
as an ex course owner, i suggest that you take a course for these exams even if you know the subjects pretty well
danexg Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:nod:
:iconsky00reed:
sky00reed Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't push yourself too hard, not finishing the exam doesn't mean you're no good. It's just your excitement or nervousness overcome you and don't let it happen again. No matter which course you take, there are difficulties. If you really like accountancy, don't give up, there are lots of schools to try, as you have said you have 2 remaining schools to apply.
You're right :nod:
the reason why I did not do well in the exam because of my mother who put me down. I can't believe she just put me down! I mean no mom can ever do that to their child right? It just hurt and its not giving me a piece of mind.
:nod: yep! I am struggling. But actually those 2 schools are only my choice because other schools are really far from home and my parents could not afford my transport fees. Thats sad =(
:iconsky00reed:
sky00reed Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There are times My mom puts me down too. She has lots of expectations from me.

It's because they don't really know us, but nobody really knows us but ourselves. But we also don't know what our parents feel for us, I think they're really worried for us too.

Just try to be open and converse your feelings to them, Although it might not be solved in one talking/debate session, they'll understand even bit by bit.

What important is you know what you want, as long as there is nothing wrong with what you want, continue, even others discourage you. It's worth it.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Artist
9 years? That's rough.

You can do it though, nothing in college is really all that hard. If you're willing to put the work into it, and you know when to ask for help and who to ask, you'll be fine
I am on to it! I just fear that I may not be qualified for such course because I failed the IQ test for not finisshing it =( I had a rough day when I was about to start the exam.
>:( yeah 9yrs! I wanna graduate proffesionally and never to depend on my husband someday :XD: but since its rough! why 9 yrs??
I remember a person told me that the 2yrs from college is a preperation so when I take 2 courses, theres no need to repeat the 2yrs of study. So it'll be 7yrs for me studying business and accountancy. Is that true??
Add a Comment: