This is kinda.... a dumb question.

So i found a lump on one of my testicals. I want to go to the doctor about it, but i don't exactly talk about my balls with my family very often. How do i approach my dad or mom about my balls in a comfortable manner?
Comments91
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I agree with Self-Epidemic.

I have been in almost an exact same situation as you too. just tell your parents you have a problem which is in your private parts, and you want to see a doctor about it. It will be a little uncomfortable to do so, but trust me it is not that bad, as I went through it, I know through experience. and it did turn out to be nothing serious for me, but seriously why risk it? trust me, your parents will not make it uber awkward. :)
thanks. I appreciate the comments i really do. I was really stressed over finals and everything i overreacted about alot of stuff and now that its over im going to sit down and make my doctors appointment. Already told my parents i needed one.
This is serious, you need to get to the doctor and your parents should know if something is wrong with your health. Confront them and tell em you have something serious to talk about, I know isn't a place wanna talk about but c'mon they're your parents and will act with concern if you come out with.
i appreciate the concern and i understand its a serious issue. I was overreacting its nothing to alarm people about until it is said to be true. I havn't been able to find it lately so i am thinking it was just a calcium deposit or something. I am still going to the doctor though, i was really stressed about some things and overreacted.
No problem at all, was a concerning matter and yes, go to the doctor, let all us know and I pray everything is all right. Good luck.
thanks but if everything is ok you won't hear anything about it. But if i end up sick you will. Just look at it that way.
Fair enough... I hope not to hear from you on this matter again. ^^
I dont have any suggestions, sorry, but i just wanted to say good luck at the doctors. :icongoodluckplz:
do you need them to take you? arent there busses?
I just don't like busses or cabs. Also im unemployed. But that is actually a good alternative thanks for sharing.
I'd go with the general consensus on this thread and just tell your parents that you "need a doctor's appointment."

If they press you on it, then you could tell them you found a lump. In the worst case scenario, be completely honest.

Even if it turns out to be nothing, it would be better to be a bit embarrassed than to have one testicle.
oh and it would totally suck to have only one testical considering i havn't even got the opportunity to use them yet.
im doing my sisters plan. I'm scheduling the doctors appointment myself and telling them its scheduled done the time to take me and that they need to do it.
You don't need to tell them anything. All you need to say, if anything, is, "I need a doctor's appointment."

If they ask why, just look at them pointedly, as if to say, "That's not really your business at this juncture, is it?"
thats what my sister wants me to do. I told her about it. I think i will most likely do that today when i see them after my finals.
Mm. If they press the matter, you can always just say, "It's between me and the doctor. I don't want to discuss it with you."
Take them out and ask them to feel the lump.
nice you just made a joke about potential cancer
Potential.
Second, learning to laugh will help you stay on your feet if it is.
Third, if it really is that serious, why are you asking whether you should tell anyone or how, you should just go to the doctor right the hell now.
im going to schedule the appointment today. My steps in manning up to serious problems in life start out by expressing it in a disclosed manner with unbiased opinions and advice. Then i ease up about it and take action because i am less scared. Also i don't have a license and somebody gotta take me to my doctors appointment. I was just curious if anyone had to do something like this and if anyone knew the professional way to go about doing it. It's not easy talking about these things openly.

Also, its more then ok for me to make jokes about it when i am scared about something that is a good way to deal with the fear. But when you link incest with cancer problems i don't find that humorous one bit.
Then you really should lighten up. Too much seriousness can lead to cancer you know...

:iconimhappyplz: