Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 90

This is kinda.... a dumb question.

:iconpmmurphy:
PMMurphy Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So i found a lump on one of my testicals. I want to go to the doctor about it, but i don't exactly talk about my balls with my family very often. How do i approach my dad or mom about my balls in a comfortable manner?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondragonsangel:
dragonsangel Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree with Self-Epidemic.

I have been in almost an exact same situation as you too. just tell your parents you have a problem which is in your private parts, and you want to see a doctor about it. It will be a little uncomfortable to do so, but trust me it is not that bad, as I went through it, I know through experience. and it did turn out to be nothing serious for me, but seriously why risk it? trust me, your parents will not make it uber awkward. :)
PMMurphy Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thanks. I appreciate the comments i really do. I was really stressed over finals and everything i overreacted about alot of stuff and now that its over im going to sit down and make my doctors appointment. Already told my parents i needed one.
:iconmangekyomarie:
MangekyoMarie Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
This is serious, you need to get to the doctor and your parents should know if something is wrong with your health. Confront them and tell em you have something serious to talk about, I know isn't a place wanna talk about but c'mon they're your parents and will act with concern if you come out with.
i appreciate the concern and i understand its a serious issue. I was overreacting its nothing to alarm people about until it is said to be true. I havn't been able to find it lately so i am thinking it was just a calcium deposit or something. I am still going to the doctor though, i was really stressed about some things and overreacted.
No problem at all, was a concerning matter and yes, go to the doctor, let all us know and I pray everything is all right. Good luck.
thanks but if everything is ok you won't hear anything about it. But if i end up sick you will. Just look at it that way.
Fair enough... I hope not to hear from you on this matter again. ^^
agreed!
:iconpendawg:
pendawg Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student General Artist
I dont have any suggestions, sorry, but i just wanted to say good luck at the doctors. :icongoodluckplz:
PMMurphy Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thanks!
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
do you need them to take you? arent there busses?
I just don't like busses or cabs. Also im unemployed. But that is actually a good alternative thanks for sharing.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I'd go with the general consensus on this thread and just tell your parents that you "need a doctor's appointment."

If they press you on it, then you could tell them you found a lump. In the worst case scenario, be completely honest.

Even if it turns out to be nothing, it would be better to be a bit embarrassed than to have one testicle.
oh and it would totally suck to have only one testical considering i havn't even got the opportunity to use them yet.
im doing my sisters plan. I'm scheduling the doctors appointment myself and telling them its scheduled done the time to take me and that they need to do it.
:iconopalmist:
OpalMist Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
You don't need to tell them anything. All you need to say, if anything, is, "I need a doctor's appointment."

If they ask why, just look at them pointedly, as if to say, "That's not really your business at this juncture, is it?"
thats what my sister wants me to do. I told her about it. I think i will most likely do that today when i see them after my finals.
:iconopalmist:
OpalMist Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Mm. If they press the matter, you can always just say, "It's between me and the doctor. I don't want to discuss it with you."
thanks
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   Digital Artist
Take them out and ask them to feel the lump.
nice you just made a joke about potential cancer
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012   Digital Artist
Potential.
Second, learning to laugh will help you stay on your feet if it is.
Third, if it really is that serious, why are you asking whether you should tell anyone or how, you should just go to the doctor right the hell now.
im going to schedule the appointment today. My steps in manning up to serious problems in life start out by expressing it in a disclosed manner with unbiased opinions and advice. Then i ease up about it and take action because i am less scared. Also i don't have a license and somebody gotta take me to my doctors appointment. I was just curious if anyone had to do something like this and if anyone knew the professional way to go about doing it. It's not easy talking about these things openly.

Also, its more then ok for me to make jokes about it when i am scared about something that is a good way to deal with the fear. But when you link incest with cancer problems i don't find that humorous one bit.
Then you really should lighten up. Too much seriousness can lead to cancer you know...

:iconimhappyplz:
that joke was better lol

But still incest really isn't funny especially when its about my parents. It honestly just kinda wierded me out.
It's only incest if they enjoy it, I never said anything about that, you added the incest.
bro. Idk what society im from. But if i ask a girl to rub my balls and feel a lump im getting slapped and if its at work possibly sexual harrassment.
(1 Reply)
:iconskycircle777:
SkyCircle777 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Just tell them that you have some health problems involving your testicles and that you need your parents to help you.
Or something in that manor.
Hope that helped.
it does thanks!
:iconskycircle777:
SkyCircle777 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
No problem :)
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Why would you have to take it through your parents? Just try to get an appointment at the hospital.

Otherwise, go with =Self-Epidemic

and... that they didn't care the first time you talked about lumps and that you don't want to scare people using that word:

Exaggerating is better then understate when it comes to health. I'm not saying you should pretend that you might be dying, but if you use a word that makes it sound less important, they will just be "oh, there is nothing to worry about", while if you do use the word lump they might be more like "yes, this might be bad, let's have a check-up"

Oh, and cyst can be bad too. I've had one removed. So I would have that checked up either way, if I were you.
i dont have a license otherwise i would just go to the doctor myself.
There isn't another way to get to the hospital then?

Anyway, just be mature about it. Lumps, whenever it is directly dangerous or just "nothing to worry about" should be checked-up, and if you tell your parents that you're worried they shouldn't just ignore it.
Well the way it actually happened was like they convinced me it wasn't such a big deal. Then i kept talking about it and they were like
"if you want we can make a doctors appointment"
But they had told me already not to worry about it so at the time *i was like 16?* i decided it wasn't such an important issue to go to the doctors over.

No parents are perfect but my parents are great parents so i really don't like people talking about them in a negative tone.
I... didn't talk about your parents in a negative tone. I simply said that if you tell them that you worry they will probably take you serious if you are frank and mature about it.

Was it the very same thing the last time? Because that could either prove it is nothing depending on how long time it's been (I would've guessed that you were 14 or younger now, so I have no idea how many years has gone since you were 16) or it could prove that it's still there and it could be something to worry about. Either way - convince them to get an appointment with a doctor and let them decide whenever it's bad or not.
my cyst was around my rib cage area and its still there now. This one was on my balls but i couldnt find it in the shower today so im starting to think i imagined the whole thing. Stil going to get a doctors appointment and i told my sister about it.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Just say, Mum, Dad, I've found a lump.

If they're like where, just say down there, they aren't going to want to see it themselves.
Last time i told them i found a lump somewhere they were just like "oh its just a cist youll be fine".

I would also like to know an alternate method of dealing with this without even mentioning the word lump that way i don't scare people.
Just say you have a problem down there and you need to go visit the doctor then, they're certainly not going to want to know what :P
good idea. I'll just say ive been having trouble peeing or something. Now hopefully i grow the balls to do it. pun intended
Go do it, seriously. I hate anything like that, and I honestly can understand, but the amount of horror stories of people who have ignored it and ended up dying is, horrific. I did recently read of someones friend who had a lump but just freaked out and ignored it, when he did do something about it, he was too late.

Thats just, too scary. Its better to be embarrassed for half an hour, than to die. :P
true. I couldn't find it in the shower today so thats a good sign. Gonna still go to the hospital though.
I think a shower isn't the best place, hot water means things can swell, I'm not so great on the way testicles work but I'm pretty sure if they're cold, they go all, shrinky, meaning its easier to feel, if its hot water, they'll not shrink, and that can be an issue. I would assume, anyway.

I don't understand balls. Though they are funny :P
all i know is i need them to make babies and i should examine them on a regular basis for lumps.

I didn't do the best examination though because i didn't get any sleep so when i got in the shower i ended up collapsing.

My sister wanted me to go to the ER but i have finals for school and don't want to miss them over a bum knee for a day.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: