Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 55

Why am I still single?

:iconxxcystalthewolfxx:
xXCystalTheWolfXx Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ok, so it's been a VERY long time since I've been in a real relationship. In most of my past relationships, almost all of the guys have dumped me. However, they never tell me why. Some say the usual "It's not you, it's me" bull crap, but they never give me a straight, honest answer.

As of now, I have been single for over a year and a half. For some reason, not a single guy has bothered asking me out or anything. I've been told by several different people that I am pretty, funny, and smart, so I am not sure what is repelling the guys away.I also have a bunch of guy friends that enjoy hanging out with me and vice versa, but they don't seem to be romantically interested in me.

I want to improve myself, but I have no idea what I need to change if no one tells me what I'm doing wrong. I am completely lost... How can I better my chances at being in a lasting and meaningful relationship?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Focus on more important things. I've been single all my life and I'm fine
:iconxxcystalthewolfxx:
xXCystalTheWolfXx Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've been used to being single a majority of the time, but nothing is better than being with someone that is truly special. You may say that you're fine, but deep down I'm sure you're wishing for the right person to come along too.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
I am, but I'm not that concerned over it. Although, from your perspective, you've experienced what it's like to be with someone, and I haven't. You can miss being in a relationship, and I can't. So I really can't say anything on the matter
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The moment you stop looking for a boyfriend it appears. OK, not always, but if you are too eager they perceive it and yo appear as needy. The worst thing a person can do is looking like is begging for love.

It happened to me before. Now, that I am comfortable with myself and ignore them, guys approach me more. I just have became lazy for relationships, or I like the one who is shy and too scared to date anybody.
:iconbeesull:
BeeSull Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
I'll tell you what you are doing wrong! You're too focused on being in a relationship! You're too focused on the whys! :nod:

Things just happen. Most relationships don't work out, even when people like each other enough to get married. Go out with your girl friends, have a few drinks if you're of age, and try asking someone out yourself. Don't worry if he says no, don't assume he's your soul mate if he says yes, and DO NOT be afraid to dump HIM if you just aren't feeling it.
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Writer
I don't think it should be a matter of changing yourself to become more accessible to men. As easy as it is to say, you shouldn't worry about it. Just make yourself open and live life.
:icontr1ggerhppy:
tr1ggerhppy Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
We need to talk...
:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Accept this: You're simply not going to click with just anybody. As long as you concentrate on improving yourself with what benefits you, not with regards to what you think will get you a boyfriend, it will be fine. It will work itself out as long as you have an active social circle, preferably with different types of people.

This is actually the problem for a lot of people. They let themselves be put down by the fact that they can't make anybody dig them - which is simply ridiculous . Considering how many people there are, you're just going through a very small sample. Especially if these samples are taken from a homogenic group of people, aka same friend-circle.
:iconkraziekat2112:
KrazieKat2112 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You can't keep wanting to be in a relationship. The right one will come when they're ready. : ) Love isn't something that should be pushed. :huggle: If it makes you feel better I've never been in a relationship or ever been asked out XD And no one ever complements me saying you're pretty, smart, or other stuff like that.
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hmm... Were your former boyfriends similar to each other?
Maybe all of them have a certain issue that keeps them from staying in a relationship so maybe it's not mainly because of you. It could also be that they just weren't mature enough yet.
Or maybe you didn't have enough in common?

Still it is good to reflect on your own actions. Maybe a certain habbit of yours has been irritating them.
It's difficult since they didn't want to tell you.

I think that for a long relationship it is necessary that you can communicate well. So the partner needs to be ready to answer such uncomfortable questions like problems they have with you as well.

(I never used "maybe" so often before I guess... ='D)
Add a Comment: