Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Stolen art and Dealer location

:iconpandawalker:
PandaWalker Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
So there's this place about an hour away from my house. It's almost like a convention only it open every saturday and wednesday. They have many vendor with some great merchandise, especially for thos into anime. However I noticed that one of the vendors was selling canvas illustration at their booth and it has me concerned. Now I've heard the horror stories on DA about artist having their work stolen and sold at booths like these. As I walked over to their booth, being friendly looking around, abut when I started asking questions and making comments like, "How do these posters go for?", they all got very hesitatant when it came to answering my question like they were hiding something. I hadn't known what they were up to until I saw some fanart pieces from various artists that I watch on DA, one in particular that stood out to me the most was because the original artist does work with the publisher that distribute her pieces. I ask if they had a website or an actual store and they quickly and erruptly said no.
Should I report them to the collector show? Should inform the artist? I've heard stories of some poeple using the excuse, "Because its a fanwork, it's ok for us to sell it.", which I think is nonsense, but can they actually use that against the artist?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Report them. This kind of thing really isn't that uncommon - just walk into any ghetto fleamarket like this and you'll find people selling burnt DVDs and counterfeit Coach bags. They get raided by police all the time around here.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Inform the artists.
Inform the business.
Make a picket sign and protest at their location during business hours:P
:iconpmmurphy:
PMMurphy Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
They cant sell it without the company who copyrighted the images permission. Not even the artist himself can sell it. Report this.
Add a Comment: