Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

I want a bald cat :<

:iconkitten--mittens:
Kitten--Mittens Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
say you wanted a cat. a hairless cat. and you lived with your boyfriend/girlfriend, who says you can not have one because they are ugly. you have the money to care for it, and you already have one playful cat who doesnt have any other kitties to play with. and what if YOURE the one who always cleans out the litter, feeds, and waters the cat. do you think its fair that your significant other wont let you have another cat that you want? should you have to ask your significant other for permission before doing anything, or does his seem a bit controlling?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrag-rappy:
Rag-Rappy Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
I'd take him to meet some hairless cats ans maybe he would grow to tolerate or even like them.
I'm trying to convince my partner that a snake would make a good pet as I have two bluetongues and a dog, but he is set on "it'll kill you in your sleep"
:iconmangekyomarie:
MangekyoMarie Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
If you wanna hairless cat, get one. Your partner should understand you want one YOU would take care of it. Need to make decisions together and compromise about it, but I don't think your partner should mind THAT much if it means you being happy. Getting a hairless cat should not be the cause of a breakup and if your partner leaves you cuz of that then find a new partner who loves hairless cats. :)
:iconzombie-goldfish:
zombie-goldfish Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I want a hairless dog XD
Saying no, considering you already have a cat does sound controlling.
If you both have equal ownership of the place then I say get one.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hairless cats are cute too!. My cousin had one and she was completely a lap cat. I love fluffy things, so is not my type, but my cousin loved her so much.

I do not know who owns the place or who pays the rent, if both are in the same conditions or not, but one thing is for sure: Animals and children are big responsabilities, both should agree in my opinion. If you can convince the reluctant part it would be perfect, rather than appearing one day with the kitty
:iconpink-anthony:
pink-anthony Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Do you and your partner both pay rent on the place you live? Or are you living with them but not paying rent?

If your partner owns the place you live, or pays all the rent or bills, then I would say just listen to what they say.

But I think if you have equal ownership of the house, have the money and knowledge to care for the cat and really do think you could give it a loving home, then you should get it.
:iconkightster:
Kightster Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Get a pig instead. They look about the same and when you get bored of it, you can turn it into bacon.
Lots of delicious bacon.
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Your partner will get used to the cat and start loving it in no-time.

When I first brought my boyfriend here he would make fun of my cat (he is flat-nosed) but now he wouldn't be without him. There'd be something wrong if a person would live with a cat for an amount of time without getting attached to it.

Talk it over with him again and say it'd be your cat. You buy it, you take care of it and you pay for it's expenses. I'm sure he'd get used to it in no way.
:iconspookyink:
SpookyInk Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Traditional Artist
I've always wanted a hairless cat too.
So Damn cute! They have such bold personalities too.

I say get one for yourself and bring it home.
Whoa cares if your so doesn't like it. It's yours!
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
When it is about taking another life into the house, if one person says no, that should be the end of it. No living thing deserves to be brought into an enviroment where it will be disliked/hated.
:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
You and your man need to decide together on things that affect the household.
Even if you're cleaning out the litter etc...you both have to share the same living space.

Besides the 'ugly' part, you have to determine what other factors are in play and how they affect his decision making process. Then address that stuff.
You two also need to talk it over some more.

On top of that you have to determine if you're capable of caring for the animal.
Do they have special needs etc.....

Secretly he could think you're a crazy cat woman and thinks one is better than 30:P
Add a Comment: