Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Lost interest in drawing

:iconversusvenus:
VersusVenus Dec 8, 2012  Student Artist
Over the past few days,I haven't been drawing as much as I used to. This ISN'T me,guys.The only thing I really wanna do is play flash games and watch Smosh.I HATE this.Please help,I need a solution

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconglori305:
Turn off all electronic devices for a week....this includes cell phones, ipods, TV's, computer etc.

They can eat your creativity.
VersusVenus Dec 9, 2012  Student Artist
I'm 13...I can't live without all that crap,that's what grounding does
:iconpmmurphy:
PMMurphy Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
oooooohhhhhhh.

your 13.

Do what you want and dont stress about it. Your going to have tons of interests and even "passions" as you grow up. Maybe drawing just isn't your thing. You don't have to do hobbies on a regular basis and you can still keep them.

As for getting motivated again. This is what i do. Just start randomly drawing lines on a sheet a paper in random shapes and shade them radomly. If an idea pops in your head of what to draw go with it without question. Or just continue making random shaded lines until you fill the whole page, then move on to the next sheet of paper.
:iconmyrainbows:
MyRaInBoWs Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Something I like to do.. Is just take a break. If it lasts longer than a week I try to draw one of my friends and that helps get me back into drawing
It has been a week
:iconbasicallyruuun:
BasicallyRuuun Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I look to my favourite artists for inspiration/motivation to draw ouo. a kind of, 'im never going to be as good as them unless i give myself a kick up the butt :I' kind of deal. Then I pick an area that maybe im not so good at, hands for instance |D, or something completely out of my comfort zone like anthros, maybe they dont turn out perfect.. but because theyre not perfect it gives me the motivation to practice them until theyre up to standard, y'know what i mean ;w;?
If none of that is helping, take a few requests, that sort of forces you to start drawing again since people will be waiting for their art. most of the time its best not to force it though. im rambling, hope at least some of this helps c:
VersusVenus Dec 10, 2012  Student Artist
Visit my gallery and look at my journal.I have requests and yet no one asks:(
:iconbasicallyruuun:
BasicallyRuuun Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I posted that i had opened requests on :iconfreegiveaways: and it was quite a good way to advertise c: I got a few requests through that! So maybe give there a go ouo/
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I know that for some people, the desire to draw comes in ebbs and flows. I have gone months without really drawing and then have had a period where there is nothing else I want to do and this feeling can last for another few months as well. Sometimes creativity needs a break. Doing other things can be good for the process.
One summer ago,I had stopped drawing and paid more attention to gaming.And when I started doing it again,I SUCKED.
Add a Comment: